It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soulmate Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Things like love, feelings, sexual and sensual approaches are common in our existential world. Everyone of us feels, more or less, everyone of us love or believes in love, and I`m sure everyone of us thought of the thing above at least once. If not, those persons are not humans, I`d say.

Perhaps because I`m more than inclined to meditate made me think of these things rather often, and I always thought of solutions, ideas, something to bring light in my life. I always thought of soulmates, of that ideal love that can overcome everything, that love and that trust in somebody that could defeat everything else on this world. I can`t say I believe or I don`t believe in that sort of love, neither I can say it will be happening once to me. All I can say is this.. I created this theory that brings love and soulmates together with faith, and the concept of the soul, as seen in christian and in other religions. The existence of an ethereal `soething` in our body that can live onwards after we, or the material body, dies.

Religion said that GOD, no matter what god, gave the human it`s spirit, it`s soul. But now... the population of the world went on growing, from a couple of tens` of millions to the 6 billions today. Where did the souls for such great number of bodies came from ? I say that the souls were at the beginning limited in numbers. During time, these existing souls divided, and kept dividing. The soul of a man divided and entered in another man, but also in a woman. Now... this idea explains the feeling of `deja-vu`, but also explains re-incarnation.

Because we have deja-vu`s from our soul`s past lives and past material bodies, or maybe we just experience what the other half of our soul experiences, now or in another era. Re-incarnation... is just the history of one soul`s evolutions.
Now... Where does all the soul-mate idea appear ? When two material bodies , carrying pieces of the same divided soul across time, come together there`s the feeling of the soulmate. It`s not even about soulmates, but about one soul, coming together again. People have that feeling of `TWO BECOMING ONE`. It`s obvious.. My theory explains, this way, even homosexuality. Same soul, in two bodies belonging to the same sex...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapnobatai
Where did the souls for such great number of bodies came from ?

Maybe every time a child is born a god gives it a soul and if needed the god creates a new soul. That wouldn�t necessarily leave the new soul with out a soul mate as these things are decided on the other side a god may allocate a soul mate or if we are reincarnate then maybe we choose our own soul mates with a hope that we will meet and become one and stronger within this world.

Originally posted by Kapnobatai
I say that the souls were at the beginning limited in numbers.

Why?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
when I was 14 (39 now , I had a dream In wich I was marryed I looked over at the women I was marryed to and dident reqinize her so I changed her to a girl that I did know thinking if im dreaming im marryed it should be to someone I know.
Now here comes the strange part .The first gril is the women I did marry in real life and am marryed to now. Wile I dident know her Never seen her at all she live in fl i lived in pa becides she was 4 at the time of my dream .
when I met her I requnized her right off.
And if you realy like love storys My story is a dusiee . Ask and I may tell it.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am completely against the whole theory of soulmates. It is just a romantic notion that is twisted with illogical emotion. If there is another part of you out there somewhere, then does that not mean that you are not a whole person? This is that saddest idea that I have ever heard of simply for the sake of the human desire for herd mentality. Does not this also destroy any concept of having freewill?

I refuse to believe that I am any less them me.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
i don't think it's sad at all. maybe because i am with my soulmate and i really do feel like he is another part of me and vice versa. the first time i saw him, i knew. we've been through hell together and we're still standing. i believe there is a perfect someone out there for everyone, but some of us aren't lucky enough to find that person. sad? no. we are still individuals, but together we accomplish twice what one of us could alone.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
so on what site do i buy my soul mate and! how much is shipping ?

lol
I have a soul mate; she is called Pam my right hand.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That is interesting. However, I tend to agree with Jonna.

The mind is a very powerful thing. If one can convince itself enough that someone else is all they need, then that's all they need. It can satisfy them because they know they have what they believe they need.

It's not the case with everybody, but it is for most.

I have been on the downside when it comes to relationships, but I still don't believe I am incomplete. I feel like I am complete, it's just that I haven't discovered myself yet.

top topics

join