It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Beings : One Race In Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've always had this belief that it is inevitable that in our eventual and distant future, the human race will look as one race due to inter-racial breeding.
I think this could be one of our destinies.
I would love to hear others opinions on this.
Sorry if this has been posted before.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Sorry for the long cite but I wanted to show the scientific/genetic aspect of race:

"A social construct

The problem is, what constitutes a race might seem obvious to most people, but race doesn't mean much from a biological standpoint.

Genetically speaking, nothing differentiates one race from another. All humans share the same set of genes. There is no African gene, no Caucasian gene, no Asian gene.

Certainly, genetic differences exist and even small differences can have big effects; consider that animals as different as chimpanzees and humans share 99 percent of their genetic code.

And even among humans, genetic variations obviously exist between individuals. Some genes are expressed, or "turned on," in some people and not in others. Some genes tend to develop mutations, which may alter body functioning or physical appearance, and these mutations get passed on to offspring.

But these variations don't occur neatly along racial lines. Scientists calculate that there is an average genetic variation of 5 percent between racial groups. But that leaves a whopping 95 percent of variation that occurs within racial groups.

Even the most obvious distinguishing factor -- skin color -- can vary enormously within a race, said Joseph L. Graves Jr., an evolutionary biologist at Arizona State University West in Phoenix. And the dark skin of a sub-Saharan African is not unlike the dark skin of a Caucasoid in India, added Graves, author of a 2001 book, "The Emperor's New Clothes: Biological Theories of Race at the Millenium."

That's why most scientists say race is a social construct, not a biological one. In other words, social rules determine what races are and what they mean." (Tuesday, May 07, 2002. By Byron Spice, Science Editor, Post-Gazette. www.post-gazette.com/healthscience/20020507hgene0507p3.asp)

Both empirical (scientific) evidence and the bible, we technically are one race. Science says that we evolved from single-celled amebas and the Bible says that we all came from Adam and Eve. So this means that we still are one race.

So there might be a continuation in the evolution of humans (survival of the fittest) we adapt then we will all be a ummm... a little more enlightened.

Michael

PS sorry for the big copy and paste, the whole artical is a lot bigger and I wanted to just use this part so you didn't have to read the hole web page and I did cite the source.. Hope this is not against the board roles??

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Even if it were a social construct, I think it is a very important one.

While while the human races have almost identical genes, The
different genes are the ones that produce the wide variety of
phenotypes. Since I am white, I think it would be terrible if our
distinct characteristics were to disappear. Many
of our racial characteristics (such as a wide variety
of hair and eye color combinations which are not seen
to a great degree in other races) might disappear if we
were to breed only with nonwhites, because the genes
which produce distinctly caucasoid traits (such as blue eyes
and blond or red hair) are recessive.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Race is determined by more than one single gene. To say it is no biological consequence if the foolish "politically correct" contamination of science.

Race means breed. In many languages race and breed are the same word.

Look at dogs. Tell me "breeds" do not exist. Dog breeds have formed both through human interference and natural mutations. But every breed has disntive characterisitcs that are soley confined to its own genepool.

However, they are all the same speicies. All dogs have the same basic needs, fullfill them similarly, can interbreed with one another to create new breeds.

Just like humans. For instance, sickle cell anemia, a genetic disorder, is found almost exclusively in west Africans. The recessive gene alone contributes resistance to malaria, which is a common problem in west africa.

Sometimes, In certain medditerranian populations it is found. This comes from intermarriage and breeding through contact with subsaharan africa.

Cacasians posses thier own egentic disorder, which is called cystic fibrosis, which the single gene alone resists cholera, something Europeans had to worry about.

Race is more than simple skin color, it is a collection of things. Blood groups, eye color and shape, hair texture and color, resistances, abilities to digest certain foods (Lactose intolerance is more common in West Africans and certain mediterranians, while Europeans of the central and north, whose diets came mostly from dairy products, have it on a lesser basis. Amerinds also have a high rate of it.

There was something on TV back a while, about the problems of race and medicine. beta blockers, which work well enough on European people, are not nearly as efective in Africans. When beta blockers were researched, they were using white subjects, because back then, blacks generally were ignored in all things. Thus, no research was done on it. Also, if one has ever seen the labels for morning after pills and certain birth control pills, one will notice the advisory that both have a signifigantly higher rate of failure in Asian women than other races.

Certain cancers and genetic diseases tend to be limited or more common in certan ethnic groups.

To deny the existance of race is to do the entire human speicies a grave diservice. If people paid more attention to the biological factors of it, more effective medicines could be devloped with the bodies and health of all races combined, instead of sticking to caucasiod only research.

But the possibility of all of humanity being once new race, one new single breed? Very much likely, with human migration going global, though its also likely core groups will refuse to intermarry. The evolutionary implications are great, and it certainly is something to watch. We will find out if human diversity is a boon or bane soon enough.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Very interesting thread considering that after the Human genome
has been decoded and it was found out that 15 genes do NOT
belong to us! Evolution of the Human species was advanced by
several hundred thousand years by the insertion of these 15 genes
into our genome. (that do not belong to us).

I am not a scientist but if Apes are our nearest relatives.......why are
we so much more advanced than other species if life all began at the
same point in time in the same environment? Evolutionism is dead.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Admin, please delete this double post.........sorry!

[edit on 9/1/2004 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Another VERY valid theory, Soul reaper, one I entertain often. Alien creation of homo sapiens from primitive homonids. The extreme evolutionary jump from low brow ape to apright thinking man occured too rapidly for natural evolution, which takes millions of years.

But this topic, of course is race, and the furture of it. Although alien interference......could also explain race: Aliens v=creating variations in the code to see what happens?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
PURE RACIST CRAP DELETED... SUE ME.

Springer...

-edit- I certainly didn't want our motto as link text to that crap

[Edit on 1-9-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[edit on 9-1-2004 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What may be the most signifacant factor may not have even have been considered by most people , what I'm talking is genetic manipulation as in Eugenics the introduction of traits by artificial methods to reduce undesired traits or introduce others intellegence , health , disease resistance ect. I guess what I am saying is besides enviormental stresses ( as in mutagenic substances) we must also consider new factors Human intervention beyond the normal biological processes, these have to be added to the equation.
It is anyones guess what we may look like in the distant future.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Um hello? Isn't anyone going to do anything about this Molloy fellow? Something like banning?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Molly, Excuse me,

Are you quoting David Duke, the caucasian neanderthal of the North American continent as your source on these statements?

Do you have a clue how to read facts versus white trash hate-mongering?

No...I think not.

EDITED TO MAKE DAMNED SURE THE REGRESSIVE GENE I'M TALKING TO KNOWS WHO I'M TALKING TO.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I personally would like to see the idea of different races of humans and especially the idealogy of race superiority and inferiority to become extinct.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Molly got owned didnt read what it said but must of been bad

I read somewhere that natural blonds & blue eyes only have a couple of 100 years left some scientist probably spent millions finding it out who says they are the dominant race!! big up the brown hair hazle eye race

It would be borring if everyone had the same skin/hair etc & i used to see this bird who had an indian mate & she was the whitest person ive ever met but her mum & dad were both indian she had DNA test to prove her parents were hers when she got older because she didnt belive them.
I would not of liked to be in the delivery room when she was born her dad had some questions aparently

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I understand why you felt the need to delete the content of that post, but since the theme of this website is to 'deny ignorance' I feel it's time for a racial awakining. Open your eyes to what's going on around you. Wake up white america, take you country back!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Come on are you for real?
I am from Canada and I am "white" or rather Caucasian and I consider everyone (no matter what �race�) my brother or sister. America never belonged to anyone let alone Caucasians, so what the hell are you going to take back, are you homeless because of another �race,� or did they hurt you, or did they kill your livelihood? (Did someone do something to you personally?) I really hope you don�t think you are of pure Caucasian decent? We all come from the same place, whether it is aliens or evolution or God or wherever/whatever it is that we came from.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Probably race is just like the theme of evolution, like the evolution within the homo sapien group instead of the whole human evolution tree.Its like adapting to their surroundings.Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Very interesting thread considering that after the Human genome
has been decoded and it was found out that 15 genes do NOT
belong to us! Evolution of the Human species was advanced by
several hundred thousand years by the insertion of these 15 genes
into our genome. (that do not belong to us).

I am not a scientist but if Apes are our nearest relatives.......why are
we so much more advanced than other species if life all began at the
same point in time in the same environment? Evolutionism is dead.

Thats genuinely interesting stuff if true. How did they know that the genes did not belong to us. Don't all genes look the same?

Anyway, my two cents. I agree that in a few hundred (thousand) years there will exist one (good looking) race of people.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Molloy
Wake up white america, take you country back!

Molloy,

Can you feel the North American Indian Tapping you on your shoulder?

If white America was to take its country bak you would first have to gather into your original groups i.e. Irish, German, English etc etc. Then you would have to go back to your own country of genetic origin and THEN you can shout your mouth off about taken your country back.

OR

You can wake up yourself and realise this is planet Earth, where different races of Humans live and interact with each other.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

top topics

join