It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Sheriff Joe Arpaio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
If you tell them a great many of the inmates are non-violent pot smokers and that these stupid laws ruin their lives and actually turn them into legitimate full time criminals afterwards...

Exactly! Sheriff Joe is enforcing these laws. If there is a problem with the law itself, address that problem, not the man charged with keeping it.

Originally posted by Paschar0
I know him and I can tell you he and his "team" are some of the most corrupt departments you will find. He has been under investigation almost constantly from the start, but I guess it's all just nonsense right?

Do you have further information or some sources? I can look at this from both sides when armed with the proper information. If he is indeed corrupt, show me the light, please. I will admit however, that I will still agree with the actions that I presented above.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've got news for you, just stepping outside your door and crossing the street, means you've probably already broken several laws. The point is there are so many laws that everyone is basically perpetually guilty of something at any given time. Police SELECTIVELY choose to enforce what they please and in most cases are DIRECTED to enforce. You can research this fact on your own I'm sure.

As for his corruption, my experience again was more direct and the circles I was in at the time had to deal with him on more than one issue and he only got worse over time. I'm sure you can use Google to find the MANY already sited as there plenty to choose from, but like most things, the REALLY interesting stuff will never see the light of day, but at least you get a hint of it here and there, and where there's smoke there's usually fire. It's a big city that has a lot going on with a tremendous amount of money and power at stake. There are no babes in these woods my friend.

If you like the guy fine, I get it. But to sit there and try to defend everything about him as if he's some savior that never does any wrong is ridiculous. Just recognize some people are paying a price they probably shouldn't have to legally, ethically or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Believe it or not Sherrif Arpaio has an exceptional repoir with the inmate population.

Complete BS. Do you really think a prisoner is going to bitch on camera about the guy? My God how gullible.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've met Joe Arpaio a few times and listened to him speak at a few law enforcement conferences. He is a complete ego-maniac and just not a very nice guy.

Most of the guys that worked with me at the Phoenix PD dreaded going to a scene or detail where they had to work w/ Joe's deputies. I once even saw them draw their sidearms and point them into the window of a man who was drunk and trying to flee from his accident. Problem was that they approached from boh sides of the car and were pointing their weapons right through the window and at each other. That's just the tip of a mountain of stories I can think of showing their incompetence and his hubris.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join