It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Retreats From AIDS Meet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
www.worldrevolution.org...

But this time around, the U.S. delegation has dwindled to 50, and its funding for the meeting slashed from 3.6 million dollars to about 500,000 dollars.

It's (also) a slap in the face for those living with HIV/AIDS and their advocates, and it suggests that the U.S. has once again withdrawn from a collegial relationship with the international community

Why is this administration so myopic ? I find it hillarious, the conveyors of Freedom and liberty, truth and justice, Good and virtue, cannot even send more than 50 personal to such a meeting.

Deep

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What's the use of having meetings to swap ideas on how to stop HIV? We already know how to stop the spread of HIV. People just won't do what is necessary. What's the use of dumping millions of dollars in worthless condom programs when people in countries like africa refuse to use them because it's not manly? I think it sucks that AIDS is still spreading in a lot of countries but until those countries educate their people all the money and US delegates in the world is not going to help. Education is the key to prevention.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Do you know how much money people living with AIDS provide to large pharmaceutical companies? There's reason enough to try and prevent a cure from being found.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
www.worldrevolution.org...

But this time around, the U.S. delegation has dwindled to 50, and its funding for the meeting slashed from 3.6 million dollars to about 500,000 dollars.

Here we go, another clown that thinks the US is terrible for either being somewhere or not being somewhere. When in fact, the US is probably spread out more then it should be anyways, and more then most. GREAT!! It's never good enough is it?

It's (also) a slap in the face for those living with HIV/AIDS and their advocates, and it suggests that the U.S. has once again withdrawn from a collegial relationship with the international community

Why is this administration so myopic ? I find it hillarious, the conveyors of Freedom and liberty, truth and justice, Good and virtue, cannot even send more than 50 personal to such a meeting.

Deep

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn

Here we go, another clown that thinks the US is terrible for either being somewhere or not being somewhere. When in fact, the US is probably spread out more then it should be anyways, and more then most. GREAT!! It's never good enough is it?

Just interesting that the administration is willing to spend hundreds of billions to kill people and won't cough up a mere couple of million to try to save lives.
Just another clowns 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by livenlearn

Just interesting that the administration is willing to spend hundreds of billions to kill people and won't cough up a mere couple of million to try to save lives.
Just another clowns 2 cents.

Or, just maybe, America is starting to pull out already and let everyone else fend for themselves and just worry about her own!! Sorry about the clown comment, but it just gets old hearing how it's never good enough. I bet there are other countries who have donated less time and even less money. As an American, I'd never thought I'd say this, it almost seems better to just not help anyone, period. Screw it.

top topics

join