It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Master Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
To master time requires an initial spending of time. Such as reading this now.

When you are having fun, time flies by.

When you are bored, time drags on.

These two observations reveal that time can be slowed down but how?

It boils down to how you spend your time. There are two main things you can spend your time on. Thinking and experiencing. Thought is a form of experience but it is different than the doing stuff style of experience we are familiar with spending time on.

Watch a clock while you are thinking, you will see that by not spending your time on anything, you magically have more of it. When you spend time reading, working, doing, going, you notice the day becomes lost in the past.

So the trick is, to become happy while just thinking. Use any method you can to achieve this happy. Not too happy though, this is known as euphoria and costs time to experience. Just content with your thoughts, get excited by them and think them faster and faster. Once you are in this state you will harness the time slowing effects of boredom with the fun of doing.

Once in this state you can observe how different doings affect the flow of time. These are some of my secrets I have found: Music without lyrics does not effect the passage of time. This is key to mastering time. Find a non lyrical piece that you love, start with one that has a somewhat repetitive riff to make this easier. Start singing to this song in your head. Don't worry about rhyming, if you can rhyme good but don't make an effort to think up things that rhyme because you will notice you are spending time doing this. Eventually you will notice that your subconscious starts singing for you to the notes of the song.

Once your subconscious is singing, and you can hear it, you will realize you can think about it too. So now you have become double thinking, hearing thoughts and thinking about those thoughts or something else all at the same time.

Now in this state you can experiment with time. Stay in this state, and perform your chores slowly, focusing on thinking, the doing is a background like the music and the song. As a background it doesn't steal time like it normally does.

Also being in this state allows you to think about what you will spend your time on and plan for it, empowering it with reason, with purpose. Inspiration.

This is as far as I have gotten, the double thinking and dancing while feeling the time drag of boredom. Other members here have far more powerful minds and I love thinking about what they would be capable of.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MemeticHarvest

What? Spending too much time "in our minds" is part of humanity's problem. We spend too much time thinking about things...the past...the future....

We need to live in the now. I have no desire to "master time." I would rather be DOING something that makes the time fly.

Sitting around thinking too much is not good.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I agree with NightGypsy.
we are here to do and be, not to be caught up on our egocentric thoughts.
We are Human Beings, not Human Thinkings. (Not that thinking is a bad thing, of course.) But what is the point of having all of that time if you are not going to Create with it, play with it, do something with it. Sure, time may fly by, but loon at what you have created/manifested into existence by dedicating your time to it.
All acts/actions are capable of being mediations. The trick is to let your subconscious work through you physically while not getting held up on or attached to your thoughts about it.

Much love.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I feel there is a miscommunication. Thinking is the single greatest tool we humans have, and it is the only way we will ever escape this cycle of pain. Before I always felt I was overworked, the feelings of wage slavery, now that I have created time to think, I come to work not as a slave but as an inspired teacher/healer. By thinking I have formulated words that heal, I can see the paradigms that others live in, and I can say just the right thing to help them have a great day.

I have literally used thought to free myself from my slavery, and from the dominator paradigm that has created this 'ego' you speak of. This dominator ego cannot gain from thinking, but from doing. The assimilator ego was reborn into me after I destroyed my dominator ego. This assimilator ego seeks to better myself through bettering others, not making them change their belief, but making them happy with what they believe.

I seek no money or power, rather instead I heal myself and it spreads contagiously to those around me. And when they are happy my subconscious feeds off of it. I manifest heaven for myself and others in this life rather than the next.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

The more thoughts you cram behind your actions, the more powerful and meaningful your actions become. Why do you work so hard? To enjoy the fruits of your labor no doubt. I am trying to teach you to not just be happy with your work, but to be estatic and inspired. An artist of your craft. If you already have these feelings, know that you can choose to be content with them, but the possibilities are limitless if you choose to persue them with your imagination.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Doing is exactly what is most important, but you cannot just do without thinking. Thinking is the inspiration and motivation to do. So you have to think to do and do to think. Time is finite for both of these. I have discovered how to get more thinking time. If you think more in a smaller amount of time then you will have more time to do what you love to do.

I can only give you my word that it works. The fruits of my thoughts have created this thread so that others can have this ability. I seek only to share wisdom that I have gained from thinking.

Don't let the words of others fool you into self doubt. Thinking is the greatest weapon of change this world has. There is no force mightier than the pen.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
For those of you who love to meditate, this technique is the perfect duality counterpart for you. A form of meditation that channels thought rather than clearing thought within the mind. I use both techniques to achieve amazing happyness and the best part is anyone can do it if they put for the effort.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

People always tell me that I think too much!

I can not help it, my mind is always on the go. I think that being this way and being somewhat reflective is part of my Virgo nature.

I would not change it for the most part, my thoughts are often quite wonderful. I imagine all sorts too.

I do find it difficult to switch off during meditation though. Even counting backwards doesn't work.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Can you tell me who it is that is aware of all that thinking and double thinking. Who is it that is aware of the time?
Is it you who is thinking or is it you who is aware of the thoughts?

Thought is not aware, thoughts are continually changing. You are the knowing of the experience of thought. It is all watched, known.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

An excellent question, I am trying to figure out the different levels of thought. I am currently thinking there is a continuous silent rapid flow of thought about everything you are currently experiencing, that is above what we see as conscious thought. It is what inspires you to think words in your head. Then you can ponder the words with your regular consciousness that is assisted by the subconscious. It is incredibly confusing, if I can figure it out more as I practice thought I will post a thread about it. I know there is a level that the universe will communicate to, and it will relay this to the subconscious in the form of thoughts we understand without language.

I was deep in thought, feeling connected to the universe, singing my subconscious in my head, trying to see if I could get any messages and if I could differentiate them from something that came from me or from something outside of me. I got the thought, 'I see the whole living Earth and I f'ing love it' So I thought, God wouldn't say F would he? That had to be my thought, but when I changed the sentence to trying to weed out my thoughts and leave only the communication of the universe, the meaning changed. I couldn't take away a word without changing the communication message, so I guess the answer was God doesn't say the F word or and human word, the universe just sends a pure distilled communication, a vibe, and your subconscious mind interprets that into familiar language, and then relays it again to your consciousness in subtle ways to help people.

I think the subconscious knows a hell of a lot more than it tells you, and is aware of the oneness of all people, which is why it betrays your thoughts with actions like touching your nose, but at the same time it has your back, preserving your survival and helping you achieve.

These ideas are immature and slowly growing, so I don't even know if this is what I believe yet or if it just dillusion and confusion.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Different levels of thought are like different levels of clouds. The clouds have to have a clear sky for them to be seen. You are the clear sky on which all thoughts are appearing. You are the seer and knower of thought.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

We are continually judging our thoughts and actions against what God would say, lol. No matter who you are, or where you have grown up you will know the words good and bad.
Thoughts are just appearances, they should not to be feared or judged. Most are no more than echos.
Just be the witness and do not be disturbed.

youtu.be...
edit on 29-10-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join