It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Result of the Occupy Protests. In my Opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I firmly believe that the police response at many of these peaceful protests is going to create the terrorists the government wants so badly to believe many Americans are. And once these terrorists are created and causing mayhem, they are going to pretend like they have no clue why they hate the government.

Would like to note also that the constitution doesn't say that if rich people are in control of the public property you are on (while expressing your right to peacefully protest) they can kick you off of said property. Public means it is owned by those people, not just affluent people. If we let that be the case, they can just say, OK free speech zone over here where no one will know you are protesting. the whole point of ANY protest is to raise awareness of the current state of economic affairs for the majority. Putting the protesters in a place where they cannot raise awareness of the issue defeats the purpose of protesting. imo.
edit on 26-10-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I tottally agree. Its time to lock and load

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
last night i caught a preview of martial law. it's coming.. police state on deck..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm glad you eventually said the magic word "Americans" otherwise I'd have laughed this off as another piece of silly drivel that somehow assumes that America is the only country in the world (and would be if you Yanks had your way, what with having your own "occupy" movements for decades such as the infamous Occupy Vietnam movement where peaceful protests were held to oust evildoers and help the people of that country by blowing them up in jungles.

In Rome, the police and SWAT retaliated when rioters, anarchists and violent protesters attacked first.

In London, no police involvement other than to keep the camp safe and stop anyone getting into the financial district, no complaints though and the Occupy people have stayed in their tents except for when 90% go home at night or work in the morning.

New York, police tried to move people who decided to go against the request to not block certain bridges and roads and when the idiots got violent, the police had to in response. Which is pretty much how it's been with all the US based protests even though most normal people don't want anyone "occupying" anything.

A good point was raised when someone questioned a protester on tv about the use of the word "occupy" by likening it to Nazis moving into territory and imposing their will on others when the majority don't want them there.

The Occupy guy had no retort for it because the guy was correct.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I'm glad you eventually said the magic word "Americans" otherwise I'd have laughed this off as another piece of silly drivel that somehow assumes that America is the only country in the world (and would be if you Yanks had your way, what with having your own "occupy" movements for decades such as the infamous Occupy Vietnam movement where peaceful protests were held to oust evildoers and help the people of that country by blowing them up in jungles.

In Rome, the police and SWAT retaliated when rioters, anarchists and violent protesters attacked first.

In London, no police involvement other than to keep the camp safe and stop anyone getting into the financial district, no complaints though and the Occupy people have stayed in their tents except for when 90% go home at night or work in the morning.

New York, police tried to move people who decided to go against the request to not block certain bridges and roads and when the idiots got violent, the police had to in response. Which is pretty much how it's been with all the US based protests even though most normal people don't want anyone "occupying" anything.

A good point was raised when someone questioned a protester on tv about the use of the word "occupy" by likening it to Nazis moving into territory and imposing their will on others when the majority don't want them there.

The Occupy guy had no retort for it because the guy was correct.

I noticed you did not mention Oakland. And being that they are not killing people, and being that polls say they have the support of a majority of Amercans, maybe not rich New Yorkers, but I believe you to be mistaken that no one wants them there.

new topics

top topics

join