It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Equality and Health In Societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I have to go to work, but thought this was an interesting perspective and wanted to share. I will comment later this afternoon.

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

So I was surprised to see how inequality affects more within a country than when compared to other countries. The health of a country's citizens is paramount to it's survival first, but also it's quality of life, future and stability. As mentioned, stress takes a huge toll on people and society and inequality is like a slow killing, with atrophy growing from within, filling the spaces of creativity, hope, innovation and kindness. I am tired of being a slave to economic servitude, with nothing really to strive for beyond survival. No wonder substance abuse and TV(escapism) are so popular these days.

The graphs really surprised me, but also made some things crystal clear, and overall makes sense in the grand scheme o things. Objectively, without assigning blame, is it not true that inequality contributes to the downward spiral of despotism? Does despotism not rear it's ugly head in these ownership climates, either as slave masters, or manufactured salvation as a wolf in sheep's clothing?

Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Japan seem to have systems that are more harmonious and equality is maintained. Here is evidence, so now what?

spec

join