It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO may continue Libya mission, Panetta says, NATO Wont Leave Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Source CNN

Tokyo (CNN) -- Despite the death of former leader Moammar Gadhafi and the new government's declaration of liberation, NATO may not end its mission in Libya as quickly as expected, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Tuesday in Japan.

"Obviously our concerns right now are to provide whatever help we can with regards to providing medical relief and medical assistance for the large number of wounded in Libya and there are areas that we are now exploring to try and determine how to best address that issue," the U.S. defense secretary said.

Sure they are somehow i am not buying that.

There you go NATO wont leave Libya even with the death of Gadhafi they plan on staying making sure the new Government will be a puppet to the West.

I doubt that NATO Will leave libya at all.

Like these comments because they make sense

NATO means the US military stationed in Europe and Asia as they make up a large part of NATO military forces. Panetta you are a joke, you were under the Clinton Administration and now under Obama. We do not need our troops in any way shape or form protecting greedy US oil companies who want to visit Libya , make contracts and financially rape this country more tha it already has been. The US does not need to be involved in this land, nor spend any more of our taxpayer dollars to NATO or Europe. This is simply not our problem Panetta! less

Lots of OIL.

edit on 25-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

NATO will eventually have to leave.
Libya has already said it will be a Muslim Nation, not very conforming to the West if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Libya has already said it will be a Muslim Nation, not very conforming to the West if you ask me.

and you believe the lying NATO because? NATO said during after
the 1999 conflicts in kosovo that they would leave kosovo but they havent.

yes a nation run by extremists just like they always wanted women will have less rights as i already have seen by the footages on youtube.

not very conforming to the West if you ask me

Oh really because you believe the new rulers who will be puppets to America?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Just curious as to when NATO became World Police?

Such arrogance to actually say, "We are not leaving your Country". Especially when they weren't invited in the first place. If this isn't an invasion, what is? What gives them the right to occupy at will?

I truly hope Libya stands against them and tells them to get the hell out of their Country.

Either that or use force...

edit on 25-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

I don't think it's very hard to see that those "extremist" and the western military powers are one in the same.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It was the plan all along.

Depose the man who fought against the capitalism of the West and replace him with a government and banking system aligned with the West. The banking system is now in place, much like other pro-west nation like Saudi Arabia who operate their banks under Islamic law but are backed by Western banking institutions.

Further to this, with the radical islamic law installed now, the people will no doubt find this wrong too, because they were fighting for democracy and this law wasn't voted on by the people. Instability will remain and this will be taken advantage of. This may cause more uprisings by the people and then the 'west' will have to 'invade' to 'save' the people. Either that or they will turn a blind eye to the oppression as long as the resources keep flowing cheaply out of Libya.

Probably turn a blind eye as long as they are getting what they want.

This world is corrupt and we are supporting the worst of them.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I wonder how long before Libyans start saying

Gadhafi- We miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Not our problem?

WWII wasn't our problem at one time either. But...

Well, you know how that went.

But I guess Libya isn't and wasn't ever our problem...

Just let the Libyans take care of it, you say. Let Gaddafi kill them. It's their business.
edit on 25-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

When are you going to come out of your foxhole?

There is sunlight. I know it's dark down there. Really, the air is good up here.

Gaddafi really was a bad man. The sun is good for you. Air is fresh. Live a little. You'll see.

The stories about there being trolls and boogeymen up here are not true.

Did you ever see yourself growing up to be a strong person? Now is the time to be strong.

Climb up your hole and out. It'll be the toughest thing you've ever done, but worth it.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes siree NATO will make sure that the world bank sets up shop properly and that every drop of oil is loaded onto the proper NATO ships.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Dude, I KNOW HE WASN'T GOOD.

The whole time we conversed on my thread I reiterated COUNTLESS times that the purpose wasn't to glorify him but to bring awareness for what ELSE he has done AND that the purpose of his removal was not for the benefit of 'the people'.

The evidence of NATO bombing Water supplies points to this fact.

When are you going to actually read peoples comments instead of glancing at them.

Your non-existent capacity to read the actual words is evident in your above reply. Need I say anymore.
edit on 25-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Right now mankind is making a choice.

I see you have made yours...sorry to see you picked the evil side. Do so research, follow the money look up how our nation sets up dictators as long as they exploit there people and never supports a leader of a country with natural resources we want if that leader nationalizes its resources.

Our nation has fallen to the dark side.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Give me something to read. Something more impressive than the limited stimulation you get in your sheltered life. I tried to tell you that living in a dark gloomy hole is bad for you.

I'm waiting for you up here. The air feels great. Things aren't as sinister as they tell you.

You see, a nation of people were just freed from torture and despair. A bad man was killed. But you don't know any of it. You're still staring at the worm filled mess on desiccated earth tone wall's. The lack of oxygen and light has clouded your mind down there. You start to see things that don't exist. While up here, there is recovery and some hope for the future.

That's all.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I hate to sat it...but Whatever,

If NATO sticks around, it can only lead to bad stuff.

Remember that there are those within the Muslim power structure who don't want our aid.

But we will give it to them anyways, because it furthers our goals.

And it will bite them in the @$$ in the long run.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Hmmm.

The NTC leader has just installed sharia law as the basic law yet the people protested and rebelled because they wanted democracy.

Mustafa Abdul-Jalil’s vision has come as a shock to some of the millions of citizens still celebrating their liberty from decades of tyranny.

Under the new regime, men will even be permitted to take up to four wives, he suggested.
The sudden lurch by a country seen as very moderate towards Islamic extremism will alarm many in the West who supported the ousting of Colonel Gaddafi.

It could also prove deeply embarrassing to David Cameron as he ordered the £1billion mission to back the rebels despite advice from all sides urging caution.
Yesterday ordinary Libyans expressed their surprise at the turn of events.

Mohammed Bodima, said: ‘We have fought and spilled blood for democracy. What is this about sharia law?’ The father-of-two used to live in Catford, south-east London, but now resides in Benghazi, birthplace of the revolution.He added: ‘If we are to have sharia, it must be voted on by the population. That would be democracy.’
Tripoli resident Abdul Azzud said: ‘I am very worried. Nobody realised this is what we would get.
‘They are going in the wrong direction if they impose sharia. It is extremely concerning.’ After making his surprise announcement at a liberation ceremony in Benghazi, Mr Abdul-Jalil stepped from the podium to kneel and offer a prayer of thanks.

Source

The LIFG (Libyan Islamic Fighters Group) has well known Al-Qaida links. This is the same group leading the rebels.

Libyan Islamic Movement (al-Harakat al-Islamiya al-Libiya) formerly known as The Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) also known as Al-Jama’a al-Islamiyyah al-Muqatilah bi-Libya (Arabic: الجامعة الإسلامية المقاتلة بليبيا‎)is a group active in Libya which played a key role in deposing Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi's regime, allying itself with the National Transitional Council. However the organisation has a troubled history being under pressure from Muammar Gaddafi and shortly after the 9-11 attacks, LIFG was banned worldwide (as an affiliate of al-Qaeda) by the UN 1267 Committee.
en.wikipedia.org...

Is al-Qaeda connected to other terrorist organizations?
Yes. Among them:
Egyptian Islamic Jihad
The Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula
Jama'at al-Tawhid wal Jihad (Iraq)
Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Muhammad (Kashmir)
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (Algeria) (formerly Salafist Group for Call and Combat)
Armed Islamic Group (Algeria)
Abu Sayyaf Group (Malaysia, Philippines)
Jemaah Islamiya (Southeast Asia)

Source

Isn't it amazing that the Western world is currently fighting a 'War on Terror' against Al-Qaida yet when it suits them they support and supply them.

You are being ignorant. Open your eyes to the world before you.
edit on 25-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join