It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did "Ötzi the Iceman" Have a Girlfriend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I came across this interesting article and since doing a thorough ATS search came up blank, I thought I'd go ahead and share this discovery with fellow members.

the Icemans Girlfriend?
news.discovery.com...

Although separated by a bit of distance, this woman was contemporaneous with the nicknamed "Ötzi", the well-known Copper Age (Chalcolithic) man discovered frozen in the Ötzal Alps of Italy/Austria, 1991.

Otzi the Iceman

What really has me wondering though, not only might she have a missing left arm, but her skull seems rather malformed- maybe purposely so? It would be a fascinating insight regarding their daily life and culture, if that be the case. How much we do not know!

edit on 25-10-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
When I'm reading your post, ATS screws up totally.

I would looove to see that picture of that lady!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Oh, I'm disappointed.
I thought it would be another Otzi.
Good find though.
I hope one day that Austria and Italy quit their bickering over ownership so a complete study of Otzi can be undertaken. I'm fascinated by his acupunture tattoos and his survival kit.
If you ever get chance, go to Denmark and see Tollund Man.
We know so little about our past it's scary.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Theirs was a love that could not be denied. She was a beautiful princess cave girl from the Oonglit Tribe. He was a bastard prince from the Chunchun Tribe. They met one day as he was chasing down a deer he had wounded with his arrow. They fell in love. But Ringanor, Chief of the Oonglits, refused to allow his daughter to be given to this wayward rapscallion. Still, they met in secret until one day the jealousy and spite-filled sister of the princess informed the Chief of their secretive doings. Filled with rage, the Chief sent his best hunters after the two. The Prince managed to kill several, but not before he and his true love were mortally wounded. Rather than give up, however, they headed up into the mountains, dreaming of an escape to a kinder world on the other side of the glacier-frozen peaks. But it was not to be. With his foggy, dying breath, the Prince called out the name of his love, and they settled into a cold sleep that would last thousands of years.

That's the way I see it, anyway.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
must have been a Suitors quarrel.... the Iceman had a arrow into his body... he was mot likely crossing the Alps to snuggle with his significant other... instead another lover cut him off at the pass...PTL

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Did "Ötzi the Iceman" Have a Girlfriend?

Yes her name was: Whooptzi!

top topics

join