It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
To start...No I'm not saying this site in general is a conspiracy, but during my time here certain topics or posts here and other blog sites have stood out to me. I've always had the feeling there was an underlying reason for it but couldn't quite put my finger on it until recently.

Here's just one example that comes to mind before I go futher...

When I first started frequenting this site there was a very diverse amount of topics researched here. You would occasionally get your one or two posts from the tin foil hat crews, but for the most part the posts were very well research, plenty of sources provided, and even some of the most outlandish threads the reader could at the very least understand how the OP came to their conclusion.

Fast forward to present, to me at least it seems like the off the wall, completely out there posts have become more and more frequent. Not only in occurence, but also in popularity.

Not to single anyone out, but this is the best example recently that comes to mind...just a few days ago a post about cats being alien technology made front page...now while this type of post is not unusual to see on a site like this, this post made front page with over 100 flags and the only evidence provided was because the OP "FELT" cats were unusual. This of course is just an example, but probably at least half of the predictons, end of the world, close encounter/ghost threads fall along the same lines.

I couldn't help asking myself, what could posts like these provide other than maybe a chuckle from the OP when he/she sees how many actually read it.

So here's where the conspiracy theorist in me came out...I've blogged a long time, and I know it is very easy to learn quite a bit about someone simply from their posts and replies. There is a possibility certain posts (not just on this site, but everywhere else as well) could be pumped up in popularity by ghost accounts just for the sake of monitoring what the respondants think? For example, say a special ops is concidering a military deployment for a very sensitive area. In theory, one could "leak" the possibility of this happening to get a feel for how the public may respond before ever implementing it, and without those participating even knowing they just provided feedback. Another example may be pumpping up a post about cats being alien tech just to simple monitor how many think it through logically, and how many take it as truth and run with it.

I am not saying this is happening, but one can see it would not take a whole lot of manipulation to find the opinion one might be seeking. I'm neglectant to say this is a current conpiracy being implemented, but I'm curious if anyone has expirienced military/govmnt agencies/private firms utilizing techniques like this or similar. It seems too easy to get information this way to not be being used by someone...

Thoughts guys? Yes, I'm a bit nutty

edit on 24-10-2011 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

My thoughts are this:

Last year's summer i saw the episode of Futurama where Cat's are taking over the world and its resources.

Over the next 7 days, this occurred:

First day i left my friend's house at night, a cat was sitting in the street staring at me, watched me go to my truck. Didn't think much of it, other than reminding me of the show,

Next night, was at my friend's house again (awesome place, lots of people), left, this time two cats were watching me as i left.

Next day, same situation, this time, three cats were watching me, just posted up staring at me as i left the house.

Next day, no cats were there, so i think, wow that was getting weird. I drive home, to find a white cat sitting in my drive way that i had never seen before, not moving, just staring at me.

Next day, same thing, i came home from that house, no cats there again, and i park in the driveway with no cats to be seen, As i walk away from my truck, i look back to make sure it's locking, to find two kittens playing next to my truck.

So #'s getting #ing weird at this point. So the next day, i go to my friend's house again. That night, i was playing bongos wit my two friends, a Capricorn, and a 11/11 birthday. No cats that day or night...but the next day, everyone in the house seemed freaked out a bit cause they had been hearing about my cat incidences. They eventually told me that that morning, they had found a dead cat with a little scarf wrapped around its neck right under the tree that we had been playing next to.

So, lets leave it up to experience, shall we?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Personally i enjoyed the Alien Cats thread enormously and i will tell you why. There are so many threads about the state of the Planet and the dire situation we are in that for me it was a nice release, a break from the ever building tension on ATS. I get your point and it would be good not to have too many of these types of thread but this one was especially enjoyable.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Conspiracy site-everything-even if its not-is a conspiracy.
Food site-everythings about food.

Dont you see?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The whole Cats are Alien Camcorders was a joke from the very start and end.
It was designed to be funny, and fun.
It got so many flags and stars just because it was funny and fun and completely anti-serious.

While I understand your point about trends with threads popping up like people utterly freaking out because there's a star next to the moon that they've never seen before (Jupiter), or freaking out because they're convinced the moon is upside down (panicky lady syndrome), I don't understand how anyone could actually not see the intentional humor in the Cats are Alien camcorders thread.

Then again, the real aliens among us may very well be the ones who are utterly devoid of comprehending a sense of humor, and the whole Cats are Alien camcorders thread was not only intentionally designed for humor, but to confuse and flush out the real aliens among us who have no understanding of or grasp on humor.

Thus, in your inability to understand, we see you. Yep. Your name is now on the list.

edit on 24-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

The cat thread was just the most recent example that came to mind, and yes I got a chuckle as well. Its the frequency of the off the wall posts that strikes me as odd. I'm not saying every or even any of them are being manipulated, just that it would be very easy to do so. I'm just curious if they are, how frequently and for what purpose. I'm sure we'll never know for sure, but it seems like a very easy thing to exploit if someone wanted to.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The Catcorders thread was like the all-star game of ATS... No one was going serious about it, but it was so funny. As a previous poster said, it helps relieve tensions, once in a while.

But I agree that some replies are only there to make a joke, not be informative. If at least the joke and some info were combined...

Anyway... the cats deserved it!...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

In this day and age, everyone is likely to be infiltrated to some degree. It depends on certain agendas.

All form of medias/art through out history have served to some degree to convey some info, or even manipulate opinions. So the possibility that some agents are here for some purpose is not likely. It is a certitude. One has to be naive to think otherwise.

But you must not let it stop you. Fear is their primary weapon, in every shape and form it comes.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hmmm, I would have flagged an idiotic post like that too. Probably would have stared the OP too. Usually the more ridiculous the better. But seeings I don't have hundreds of accounts, it couldn't have been me, which is sad because Icould have felt like I inspired this thread/paranoia.

S&F
edit on 24-10-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Not to single anyone out, but this is the best example recently that comes to mind...just a few days ago a post about cats being alien technology made front page...now while this type of post is not unusual to see on a site like this, this post made front page with over 100 flags and the only evidence provided was because the OP "FELT" cats were unusual. This of course is just an example, but probably at least half of the predictons, end of the world, close encounter/ghost threads fall along the same lines.

Well, speaking like you do, you certainly know that knowledge of something is really perception, or how one person perceives a thing, image, or fact of evidence, right? Let's look at the things Nostradamus, or Edgar Cayce said and believed in....in their time, I am sure some at least thought them "out there" and "crazy" too, don't you think?

When a human being sits down at a computer and begins to read something, there is a mind change. Now, granted, I am an avid reader, and know many are not, but still, you have to agree some kind of change occurs when one reads something that draws their interest. I have a built in truth meter, when I hear a profound truth, a slight chill runs up my spine.

I also think an intelligent person such as yourself knows there is something going on. You can't know what it is, put your finder on it, but you know. You may even feel the changes going on deep inside yourself. You are even being affected by reading this right now.

What my point is, we are within the so called "END TIMES," (gloom, doom, despair) and many are getting Visions. Did you know that more than 30 percent of the Bible is compiled from dreams and visions? Examples are Joseph, son of Jacob; Joseph, the husband of Mary; Solomon; Isaiah; Ezekiel; Daniel; Peter; and Paul. The prophet Joel predicted an outpouring of visions, and this was confirmed by the apostle Peter in Acts chapter 2. From Genesis to Revelation, it is filled with Visions and Dreams. I would say most of the Classic Books were written because of Visions and Dreams. Stephen King says the ideas for his novels come from his nightmares.

The Dimensions of Time and Space are beginning to cross, so people are seeing the Dead. For myself, I have seen the dead for all of my life, but that's me, not you and everyone else. But! People have been reporting seeing ghosts, and ETs and their Craft. One must me aware there are those (government, intelligence agencies, military) who would do Anything to keep you and everyone else from knowing what is really going on. So, for every TRUTH on the Internet, there are two Lies to distract from it. It is the same in here. There are a great many truths here, real, experiences that had profound effect on the person. This does not mean the person is nuts, or in need of meds, it just means someone had something happen to them, and it didn't happen you you. Someone saw something, but you did not see it. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. Here is where that truth meter comes in handy. A good internet search engine provides many answers you could not obtain anywhere else. Here is mine: ixquick.com... "the world's most private search engine"

I am not saying this is happening, but one can see it would not take a whole lot of manipulation to find the opinion one might be seeking. I'm neglectant to say this is a current conpiracy being implemented, but I'm curious if anyone has expirienced military/govmnt agencies/private firms utilizing techniques like this or similar. It seems too easy to get information this way to not be being used by someone... Thoughts guys? Yes, I'm a bit nutty

Yes, I have in fact came across military efforts to form opinions. Hitler said, "If you tell the people a lie long enough, they will believe it." Another good, and recent example is how Americas were convinced that Iraq had WMDs. Remember that one? In the rather deep study of American history, I have came across many times leaders, and government, not to mention intelligence, has told a lie to get a thing done. How many Nations has the CIA overturned?

You have to take it with a grain of salt. I think of it as a VCR tape. Some things play, and play well. some are scratchy, and you cannot see it all. Some do not play at all. Some play just images, other play just sounds.
I am a man of Ideas, not beliefs. I have a lot of Ideas. A lot. If a new idea come in, I can easily include it in with my other ideas. If the new idea is better than one I had before, I can accept the new one and discard the old one. When I look at a thing, anything, I have a way to see it from all angles.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

This thread touches on some of the issues in your opening post:
ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

You may not have said it, but you were thinking it... right?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
There is a possibility certain posts (not just on this site, but everywhere else as well) could be pumped up in popularity by ghost accounts just for the sake of monitoring what the respondants think? For example, say a special ops is concidering a military deployment for a very sensitive area. In theory, one could "leak" the possibility of this happening to get a feel for how the public may respond before ever implementing it, and without those participating even knowing they just provided feedback.

If a government wants atmospherics for a potential deployment, they're not going to leak it here. This web site simply isn't representative of the segments of society that matter to them. Why would a government care what a bunch of people who think cats are alien spies think about international politics? "We were going to deploy a Delta team to Somalia, but opinion research indicates it would be unpopular with the fringe element. They're also terrified of cats and ouija boards; suggest we shut down the feline scrying research unit."

Another example may be pumpping up a post about cats being alien tech just to simple monitor how many think it through logically, and how many take it as truth and run with it.

Maybe. I think there's enough nuttiness for researchers to gather their data passively, but I've heard of them trolling the internet to generate the data they want. Watch the psychological journals for the next few years, see if anyone writes an article about alien cat cyborgs.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
This thread touches on some of the issues in your opening post:
ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, and Socks: The Definitive Guide
You may not have said it, but you were thinking it... right?

Well I know ATS has those Thought Police...

But seriously... you link us to a denial made by the head of the organization... so naturally IF there was really something to it, we would expect the head to tell us "No everything is fine... don't worry"

You DO see the irony don't you?

Sometimes the best way to hide the truth is within a 'joke', kinda like NASA does...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

My apologies, I should clarify what I was asking better. I know the ATS owners and mods are not affiliated with government agencies. I'm curious about those that may be monitoring posts on this site and any other for that matter. Another good example would be the post a few days back about the government openly admiting to monitoring facebook posts.

Just by the thread I reference above its apparent its happening, I'm just curious to what extent. Let's be honest, this is a conspiracy site. If I were a member of the government, and I knew even just one conspiracy had even an tiny amount of truth that reflected badly back on said government...I would want to monitor who's talking about it, monitor how close the truth is getting to be exposed, and post deceptive threads to distract the majority from the truth.

Not to mention, I hear people posting on here of pinging others ip addys and find where they're from. So even geographical data can be generated just by having a basic membership.

Again, these things don't just apply to this site either.

I'm just trying to find out if this is just an every now and then type of thing, or something that's constantly ongoing and expanding.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

And if somehow someone is identified as a bon-a-fied shill, there's no reason not to still have compassion. It's got to be a tough job with long hours, low pay, high stress, and difficult to define route for career advancement. Feel sorry for the shill.

Nice closing
But we do sympathize... really we do... we are all still here... right?

top topics

join