It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shag Harbour style event in the UK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
For those of you who haven't read about the Shag Harbour UFO incident then you can read it here:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm quite suprised noone has posted this yet, but I was just looking through the Emergency and Disaster information map, and saw this just off the coast of the UK.

hisz.rsoe.hu... (site link)

A meteorite falling into the sea sparked a search and rescue mission last night after two people reported they saw a plane crash into the water off the coast of Whitstable. Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called out after a pilot and another person both reported they saw what the thought was an aircraft crashing into the sea. However, after firefighters from Whitstable and nearby Herne Bay scoured the area, no trace of the aircraft could be found. Air traffic controllers, reported they didn’t have any planes missing, so eventually the search was called off, and put down to a meteorite falling to Earth. Hundreds of meteorites are expected to streak across the sky this weekend as the Earth passes through a cloud of dust left by behind by a comet called Giacobini-Zinner. A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two independent calls came in reporting a plane had crashed off the coast. "Even a pilot who was looking out of his window reported a plane was in distress and had gone into the sea. "Fishermen in the area also reported seeing something, but in the end nothing was found and it was put down to a meteorite falling to Earth."

Well, I don't really know what to make of this - perhaps it was just a meteorite, but the similarities to the Shag Harbour UFO sighting can't be ignored
edit on 24-10-2011 by MagnitudeZero because: added link

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnitudeZero

Fits in better with the ROSAT satellite's re-entry over the weekend.

It was mentioned by me in THIS thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hmm.. weird. Could have well been a meteorite, I don't see any reason as of yet to suspect some kind of cover-up.

The only news report I found

www.metro.co.uk...
www.sott.net...

Interesting the pilot reported a plane in distress.. shouldn't the plane have a radar? And I think planes in distress broadcast a certain "distress frequency", given the system wasn't fried.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There is no comparison here, Shag Harbour, seriously? I don't see any military involvement here, no multi-coloured light reports and I highly doubt there will be reports of any USO/UFOS emerging from the water in a weeks time. Spectacular thread title though

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm not too far from there i'll have an ask about and see what I can find out

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What speed would a meteorite falling down travel at?
I ask because as I stated in a thread not long ago people here reported seeing a fireball traveling the sky and thought it was a plane on fire.
It was dismissed as a meteorite, but would a meteorite even look remotely similar to that and travel at such low speeds?
edit on 24-10-2011 by AurelioMaghe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AurelioMaghe

post by AurelioMaghe
What speed would a meteorite falling down travel at?

Good question , so I had a look .

The average velocity of meteoroids entering our atmosphere is 10-70 km/second. The smaller ones that survive the trip to the Earth's surface are quickly slowed by atmospheric friction to speeds of a few hundred kilometers per hour, and so hit the Earth with no more speed than if they had been dropped from a tall building.
csep10.phys.utk.edu...

So they enter quickly and slow down due to the atmosphere

join