It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ron Paul Prediction For Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This email I sent to my dad yesterday:

Good Morning, Dad... A quick prediction real quick. Come Monday morning, I predict that news talk radio shows around the country (Especially Neal Boortz) will all be buzzing about the fact that Herman Cain won the Nevada GOP Straw Poll. What will be highly avoided is any discussion that more importantly, Ron Paul won the Ohio GOP Straw Poll, a state that:

#1- has 3 times the electoral votes,

#2- is a state poll that Ron Paul won with a 28% margin, versus Cain winning with a 2% margin,

#3- is a state poll that Ron Paul won that required people to actually pay $25 to vote.

Link #1...
Link #2...

I'm not sure if you're aware of the general censorship of Ron Paul coverage over the past 4 months, but it's gotten pretty blatant. Have a good day!

So.. Keep your ears open. In my mind, winning a state straw poll that has 18 electoral votes versus 6, and winning it by a 28% margin versus 2% has much more weight associated with it. But see how much you hear about it, and then how much Herman Cain coverage you're going to get blasted in your face today..

Your thoughts?
Good day...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
sounds exactly like an email I would send to my dad.. haha. Like, verbatim. That's awesome

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
so what did your dad respond with? is he on the fence between the two or something?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm a Paul follower. Would also like to know your father's reply.

Sometimes I get so darned frustrated by the blackening out of the only person that can save us. Paul wins the majority of polls and is marginalized in the media. It infuriates me to no end.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Here was my Dad's response:

You are probably right. However, I do not put much credence to these straw polls. Generally, the number of voters is very small, making it easier for a candidate to inspire some people to vote for them.

When the Primary Elections start, that is where the "rubber hits the road" because large numbers of voters will be involved. The media, in these early stages, will either prop up candidates they think will lose to Obama or shoot down those that could beat Obama. Talk shows like Boortz will always favor the conservative candidates.

Ron Paul is conservative in many ways, but too radical in others...thus he polarizes the voting public, thus splitting the vote if it comes to the Primary or Presidential Elections. While he makes good points and gives good facts, he also has no charisma, and, while that should not be a criteria, people tend to not vote for people without charisma. On these points, Paul is not electable in spite of him having a lot of good ideas.

top topics

join