It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ishango Bone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

That was a good response Hanslune thank you..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

AE=??? please.

When I say Africa and its cultures I am fully aware I am not talking about it as a whole.
See if you weren't so literal I would have used the term "alkebulan" which was recognized by many different tribes as being one of the names of Africa. But since you refuse to look up real African research there is no way you would understand where I am coming from. What would you rather me say, the coincidentally unnamed civilization between Nubia and Kemet, the unnamed civilization in the sahara where all of the harpoons are being found or the unnamed settlement in India, or the unnamed civilization in Brasil.

'Africa' is an artifical construct of political association in a geographical area, not cultures

this maybe true for you but it is deeper than that. Africa at one point in time only meant the are referred to as carthage.
That is the biggest contridiction made to date. The same doesn't apply to America??? Let me guess it comes from Amerigo Vespuci???THAT WASN'T EVEN HIS NAME. I can't count the innumerable amount of times I here people say I'm American.
See this is how it always goes. Someone gets bitter and claims the other is making "afrocentric" claims. Guess what it worked in the 60's and 70's but it will not work in 2011. Sorry. The truth is coming with force.
If you want to have a valuable argument of anykind both parties must have a sufficient amount of knowledge about both parties.
For ex. How could a buddhist disprove a christian in a debate if he has never examined the perspective of the christian?? This would be a blind shot in the dark, would you agree??
When I asked you to research and open your mind to some of the research those doctors presented, I expected an intelligent answer (not saying your answer wasn't, but I didn't get an answer)like, "I read some of there work and it is intriguing but I am not convinced, I may have to research it more in depth". Instead you made a right turn which proves "you have a death grip on the matrix". When you are ready to see beyond the prescribed knowledge, that exist on the surface then we can converse.

Just for the record many scholars would disagree about the comment you made about 2 continents.
This reflects your perception. The continents you are referring all drifted away from the continent we refer to as Africa, it is happening right now in ethiopia. Africa has moved very little in comparison to the lands that have broken away from the centre. Do you notice in order for pangea to fit all the continents must return to what is now call Africa. Watch.

Excuse me if the truth has no place in your thread. But, my point stands, at the end of the day, this is a smoking gun to what was really going on in the continent we refer to as Africa, which is contrary to what we are taught.

edit on 30-10-2011 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: **add

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Still on about the afrocentric stuff huh? Yep I read all that stuff decades ago and along with the scientific community rejected it, not all the individual facts but the conclusions and interpretations of the afrocentrics.

You are trying special pleading, appeals to emotion and authority. Why don't you - as I suggested before, pick what you believe are the three best supported pieces of the afro-centric argument and create a reasoned response as to why we should believe it?

Here is some criticism of the afro-centric viewpoint

I believe you will know this name: Bernard Ortiz De Montellano wrote some of these

Multiculturalism, Cult Archaeology, and Pseudoscience

Afrocentrist Linguistics

Stolen Legacy (or Mythical History?) Did the Greeks Steal Philosophy from the Egyptians?

Comments on Pitfalls in Multicultural Science Education

Spreading Scientific Illiteracy Among Minorities - Part I: Multicultural Pseudoscience

Spreading Scientific Illiteracy Among Minorities - Part II: Magic Melanin

Additionally if you want to discuss afro-centricism start another thread on the matter
edit on 31/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Please stop and lets do this like adults. Stop using the term Afrocentric.Your only saying that because you assume I am African-American, but I don't benefit from promoting the truth about Africa, I am an Indigenous American

From my personal experiences I know how certain chapters, or certain portions of history are never talked about but they exist today in oral traditions and ceremonies. Or they are dismissed because science "isn't able to measure it" History that doesn't fit science is dismissed. If you honestly sit there and say that everything can be measured by science than i'm done.

The one thing I find most interesting about people they put their faith in today's science and they become obsolete tomorrow. Science is so definite, yet there isn't a unified science. Scientist from different places have different conclusions because SCIENCE IS LED BY THEORY RATHER THAN FACT.

Once upon a time there was no such thing as a black hole, once upon a time it was said no particle or anything could move faster than light, it was also said In my grandma's time , modern man is 6,000 years old.
These are ALL claims made by elite scientist that are now proven to be false. Here's some real American history for you to prove my point. The US Military would not allow African-Americans to pilot a plane because they claimed with scientific evidence that so called blacks were incapable of operating such a machines. After being segregated of course, you have a lot of historical groups that were known to completely missions unlike the other pilots, and those particular groups were known to return to base without a scratch.........But the good ol' scientific evidence adamantly stated the contrary.............
This is real history.

Why would I choose 3 topics to support afro-centricity when I have been trying convey truth without a perspective. Bob Marley said beware of all the ism's and schism's. I'm promoting "the truth", next you will tell me I'm promoting earth-centricity. Give it up.
I should do you a favor and create another thread to show that these people speak the truth, no matter what label you decide to put on it this decade or another.
Address the subject matter and stop side stepping.

edit on 1-11-2011 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: *add

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

I should do you a favor and create another thread to show that these people speak the truth, no matter what label you decide to put on it this decade or another.

That is what I suggested but you seem unwilling to do so and you seem determined to disrupt sugarcookie's thread.

edit on 1/11/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

He seems to want to argue and i agree he should create another thread ..I just started a simple thread about The Ishango Bone because i thought it was interesting i don't know allot about scientific stuff but i am interested in Ancient civilizations and have allot to learn and thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sorry for taking so long in joining the party. I was in the process of moving

S & F

Great find.
I just wanted to say that this is very fascinating.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Thank you for joining the party Slayer
Im glad you found it fascinating and good luck on your moving ! Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

My bad if I came off as offensive, or if I weren't sarcastic enough. It is an awesome find, honestly. And an awesome post, thanks for bringing it to our attention. The part about it being made by a woman and having to do with a menstrual cycle is pretty interesting, I wonder how people feel about that theory?
edit on 10-11-2011 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

tracking the lunar phase in relation to the menstrual cycle

The fact that you can even do that is astonishing enough let alone the fact that it was done probably 20,000 years ago my my

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

smashdem,You didn't come off as offensive im sure its just me..The menstrual cycle thing is just a theory who knows what the bone was really used for but its still fascinating..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

mr10k, I agree thinking that up 20,000 years ago is astonishing..Id like to know what else they knew back then..Peace,sugarcookie1

<< 1   >>

join