It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EL HIERRO volcano in the Canary Islands is not being reported by United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Let;s just say that this happens, and it follows the course predicted in Wikipedia. Millions and millions of people will be displaced. A hurricane is singular event that usually affects a couple of states. Not the entire east coast of america, with destruction going in 25 miles. As to whether we have enough time to respond, 6-8 hours is nothing, and if the landslide took place in the early mornings of the a.m. how would you get everyone up and notified. 8 hours is nothing.
How would the government be able to even cope with a disaster of this magnitude?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
At the risk of giving the wrong people ideas, It would be nice if our government could deploy countermeasures such as underwater nuclear explosions that would be aimed to deploy a large opposing wave or waves to lessen the impact of a possible mega tsunami. Nothing will likely come from the idea unless someone wants to develop a new weapon using the idea. Weapon or countermeasure, I thought it might come in handy. Hopefully, no one destroys any cities with this idea. There would need to be quick deployment of countermeasures after detecting a mega tsunami. I believe it will happen one day whether it is in a month or a thousand years away is anyone's guess.

It does warrant some concern if there are earthquakes in an area close to an area that can generate a mega tsunami.
edit on 28/10/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bwcawaterbear

While I do not ever doubt the power of the earth and the consequences that could ensue, I do
however maintain a level head about the power and misguidance of "Hype"
This"could" have very serious results if it were to happen, I agree
But do you really believe the powers that be, the governing populace, would not let it be known that
if this were really a serious threat, they would wait to the very last hour to inform?
Things are being monitored and we will be an ample amount of time to prepare.

edit on 28-10-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: spelling booboo

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bwcawaterbear
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

..... Look up El Cumbre Veja in Wikipedia.

It's gone - doesn't exist on Wikipedia. Hope you copied it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have had many dreams about an East Coast Tsunami. I am not completely sure what causes the Tsunami but I know there are Earthquakes very big earthquakes and waves larger than has ever been seen before. They were massive massive waves. I have had this dream many times each time it seems like I am in a different place. South Carolina (which is where I live right now), New York possibly in one and Florida in some too. I feel an urgency from God and I know its coming soon. I am working on moving my family out of here because I do now want to be anywhere near here when it hits. Take a look at my blog to read all my dreams. Pray about what I've said and see what God is tell you. www.john1410.blogspot.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join