It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers Open to Changes in Military Benefits

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
How about this approach, if I'm a warmongering loser who joined the military for money...

I have a contract with your government, signed by you, the taxpayer. If you don't like it, make me a buyout offer and I'll consider it, please leave a message after the tone.

If you overthrow that government and replace it with anything legal, you're going to have to deal with me and my contract.

So, if you don't like paying for healthcare when you send a soldier to fight a war you're too much of a coward to tell your government not to wage, I hope it costs a thousand times more than it should. I hope that every doctor takes as much as they can milking the system, and I hope they're driving a Mercedes Benz to the front door, valet parking and a free lemonade on the rocks upon arrival served by a Playboy Bunny.

Most of all, I hope you can't afford your own healtcare, sheep.

Well, I didn't sign up to murder and pillage for profit. It could be argued that military personnel are the sheep. I didn't sign any contract with you and I don't feel liable to pay for your health care. I do not agree with our current wars of aggression and while I feel sympathy for those injured and killed in battle (BOTH SIDES) I do not feel obligated to fund the consequences of a war or wars that I am morally at odds with.

It could also be argued that those tossing the term "sheep" or "sheeple" around all willy nilly with no idea of who the person is that they're speaking to are the real sheep. Someone coined a term, now it's used as a blanket term to identify anyone who doesn't see things from the user's perspective. Way to think for yourselves.

How am I too much a coward to tell my government not to go to war? What to you recommend I do to get my point across? How can I alone stand up against my government and tell them not to go on killing sprees? I made my statement by refusing to join the military. Coward? No. I have a conscious. There was a time that military service was honorable, but that time is long gone.

You guys in the military claim to put your lives on the line for my freedoms, but I've experienced a steady decline in freedom since the day I was born. If this is truly your justification for receiving welfare then my argument would be that you need to start doing your job, protecting the Constitution and the country and then I will reconsider my stance on paying for your free health care.

As I clearly stated, I believe those injured while under the employ of the military should be taken care of. It's the blanket dirt cheap health care plans that I have a problem with, and the complaints of these so called "patriots" when asked to contribute to their own well being. What did you sign up for? Parades and a free ride or out of a true commitment to your country?

I am active in my little neck of the woods. I do more than my part to help my community, and to me that's what real patriotic service is all about. Not signing up to go play Rambo against a bunch of innocent people in a far away land, but strengthening my community here at home. I distribute food to the needy, I volunteer for political movements that I identify with, I help to gather and deliver clothes and personal items to the homeless.

I see people EVERY SINGLE DAY who have been living on the streets for years and years, and I'm supposed to believe that we can't help them but we can pay for health care for our military? I have seen whole families living in their car with little children because so many jobs and homes have been lost. This country's priorities are all screwed up.

No matter how bad you think your situation is, if you have a roof over your head and a hot meal at least once a day you should stop your whining.

You are not automatically a hero because you wore that uniform.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's your right to disagree, I fought to protect it, not that you care. I don't mean in Iraq, either.

However, it's my right to say I don't care what you think. I have a contract, so thanks for coming but here's the door and don't let it hit you on the way out. In fact, get with me and I'll give you my routing number, you can pay off some of the debt that I've accrued because my 'free and garunteed' healthcare didn't measure up and/or pay for a single dime.

Guess what, no one cares what you or anyone thinks. This country is going down because of people like you and I'm going to ride the 'free healthcare' train as far as it will take me because that's the situation your votes put me in. Deal with it, stop denying it. It's your fault, it's everyones fault. The money is made up so quit complaining that you aren't getting your cut.

Let's all ride the train straight to HADES!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I'm not complaining that I'm not "getting my cut."

That's what I'm complaining AGAINST. That's what you are complaining about!

I am not the problem. I pay for my health care. I donate to charity. I pay for my home. I pay for my car. I pay for my education.

I am not in debt. I have never been on foodstamps or other types of aid. I do not have a massive (or small) student loan. I do not expect or receive free anything. I'm not complaining that I don't get enough, because I have plenty and I earned EVERY DAMN BIT of it.

I am a reasonable person. I have said again and again that injuries to military personnel should be handled by the military, at least financially. I am only commenting here because people believe they have some right to all this free care while your countrymen are $&^#ing DYING in the streets because they have ZERO food, shelter, and health care. Our military is off in foreign lands bombing hospitals, schools, little children to secure OIL and LAND. Not to protect our freedoms at home.

Again I will mention that I believe ALL health care and education should be free, but until we get there everyone needs to pay their fair share.

For the record nothing was handed to me. My parents are broke ass poor and selfish people. I havent' talked to either of them in years. I moved out at 16 years old and worked full time nights at a fast food joint while I finished high school. I then worked full time while I finished college on a partial scholarship that I EARNED. I have had no support from anyone except myself since I was a teenager and I'm doing just great.

I'm not trying to be an ass here. I'm not saying screw everyone who ever joined up for military service. I'm saying that even with the increases to TRICARE your lot are still paying a fraction of what I pay for health care. You guys are all up in arms over a few measly dollars a year and you're accusing me of whining because "I want my cut?"

Ugh.
edit on 24-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Nobody cares about the self-righteous, so are we don't listening to you whine about your bills? Some of us have real problems.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Look...

Most folks will never get it. They ride the bus and complain. With regards to health care, they equate a dollar amount with quality.

If it costs a lot, it must be good. My tax dollar is paying for someone else's "good" health care and I don't have any. I don't think it is right so I will blame those receiving the health care whom I sent to get hurt. I will not do anything but say the war is bad and complain about somebody else getting something.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY

Look...

Most folks will never get it. They ride the bus and complain. With regards to health care, they equate a dollar amount with quality.

If it costs a lot, it must be good. My tax dollar is paying for someone else's "good" health care and I don't have any. I don't think it is right so I will blame those receiving the health care whom I sent to get hurt. I will not do anything but say the war is bad and complain about somebody else getting something.

Quote for truth.

It is costing him made up money from his made up money stash. Paying the salary of crackpots who pose as doctors.

Hey, ask this joker where the MAJORITY of new healthcare professionals in EVERY SINGLE FIELD do their residency?

The VA...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, that sure got ugly.

I believe that you don't deserve special treatment and you break out with the off-topic insults that had nothing really to do with my position on the matter.

I wish for the best for you all, hope you recover and are able to become productive members of society again. I don't mind paying a decent portion of my taxes toward keeping my brothers and sisters healthy - I just think it should be distributed evenly. There are plenty of people in greater need than you.. You're just being asked to carry some of the burden with the rest of us.

So please, re-read what I've said because I don't think either of you understand it.

For the record, I'm not jealous. I'm not complaining that you get something I don't. I'm happy to work for what I have and give what I can to those more needy than myself. I just wish there weren't so many people who believed they deserved something more than the next guy because they had a spiffy uniform.

Stop saying I sent you to war, because I didn't. YOU chose to go to war. When you're able to see the situation without emotion you'll understand what I mean.

Now before this devolves even further into childish name calling, I'm out. Peace!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I can see this getting bad some vet won't be able to afford his healthcare and be unable to get his meds then the people will flip when he has a flash back in a public place and unloads a clip into the crowd. I am sure they will pin it on the vet and not some cost cutting that cost him the health care he needed. Just remeber these guys have seen and don't things. Most will be haunted the rest of there life by it. I just hope they squeeze the round off in the right direction of the ones cutting there cost and not some poor inocent bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I tell veterans weekly to refrain from violence. They are under the impression that they are supposed to protect the Constitution by force.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I do not think anyone that's ever been to a military doctor has anything good to say about them. I can only say one good thing out of the three servicemen in my family (from their accounts). One of them had an ulcer that started bleeding, and they almost died. The military doctor (not the nurse), stayed by his bed and awake all night, to keep an eye on him. I've never seen a civilian doctor do something like that. The doctor couldn't really help him, other than making sure he didn't choke to death on blood, but he stayed there.

For the record, I'm not really for cutting the budget to an already crappy system. If anything, they should consider some changes. Maybe not a massive increase in budget, but some higher standards for these doctors. My whole family says, they'd rather die than go to a military doctor!

edit on 25-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join