It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Dare You To Call These People Dirty, Lazy Hippies or Entitlists,OccupyMARINES

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

OccupyMARINES Are Currently Assessing The Current Situation To Ascertain What Is Currently Needed To Support OWS America. We Are Humbled At The Substantial Support OWS America Has Provided And Ask That Everyone Continue As You All Do While We Implement Organization Nationwide. As We All Know, ‘Occupy’ Groups Are Being Established Even Now And Would Like To See This Trend Continue.

A Primary Objective Currently Underway With OccupyMARINES Is Preparation For Winter. American Nay-Sayers Believe The ‘Occupation’ Will Not Survive The Winter, We Will Prove Them Wrong. In Order To Achieve This Goal We Must Make Appropriations Now To Protect ‘Occupy’ Supporters Assisting Their Continued Presence Which Is Priority One Of The Occupy Movement—Continue To Express Our Presence—Continue To State Our Message “We Are The 99%, We Will Not Go Away”

Keep Pushing Forward America We Support You.

Should Non-Active Military Supporters Present Themselves At Demonstrator Groups In Military Dress Uniform We Ask They Do Not Actively Participate With Group Activities; We Will Honor Our Military Uniforms And The Sacrifices Of Our Brothers And Sisters. Only Non-Dress Uniform Supporters May Actively Participate.

OccupyMARINES Are Organizing A Dress Code For All Non-Active ‘Occupy’ Military Supporters.
OccupyMARINES Are Organizing Blouses Which Identify Branch
Affiliation Affixed With An OWS Logo For Shirts And Sweatshirts.

Non-Dress Uniform:
1. Dicky’s EMT Black Cargo Pants
(www.dickies.com...)

2. Ranger Joe’s Corcoran Boots-I XC Jump Black Aviator Boots
(www.rangerjoes.com...)

3. Blouse Bands

OccupyMARINES

I am relating this information for a couple of reasons. The first is to express gratitude to our vets and non-active duty military for their service and for their recognition that a stand has to be taken. The corrupt policies bought by Big Business, Big Pharma, Big Agriculture, The Fed, The Military Industrial Complex etc...and enacted by our government affect them as much as they do us.

The second is because they recognize the hundreds of NYPD officers that are fulfilling their role to serve and protect. The few cops that have over-stepped their roles or potentially have been bought, do not represent the majority. I believe these Marines can serve as a bridge between the protesters and police. Protesters and supporters do not like to be marginalized, let's not be guilty of it ourselves.

edit on 22-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by Kali74 because: Fixed title

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

OccupyMARINES Asks Supporters To Express Support Of The Brave Men And Women Of The New York Police Department And The Fire Department Of New York By Providing Hot Coffee And Food To Eat; These Honorable Men And Women Are Out There Along Side Us And Deserve To Be Remembered For Their Roles In ‘Occupy’ America.

This is refreshing to see.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Perhaps the title should have been qualified with "I dare you to call..."

I fully expected this to be an anti OWS thread. I was pleasantly surprised that it was nOt the case. One of the larger issue of the revolution is what to do with all of the honorable men and women serving our country once the illegal, immoral wars are stopped.

This is a good step.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

It was there lol. I took it out because I knew some troll would do it just because.

ETA: You're right, screw the trolls.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is very good news. All the debate and accusations flying about communist support, union leadership or some other shadowy leadership structure behind the public face are put down pretty hard if we see a solid turn out and support from America's vets.

The OWS I spent the better part of the last week in at St Louis has several Veterans and a few of the recent Middle East variety. The occupation movement may not meet every ideal or belief for every person, but it has heart and it will persist.

Winter won't end it, it will simply weed out those who are joyriding for the experience from the people who are there out of deep conviction. I dare say the former category who prove to be fair weather friends probably aren't the most productive members of their camp locations as it is.

Thank you to America's Vets....in the end, their support or at least their sympathy to the movement is absolutely necessary to gain wider support from the public. We aren't dirty hippies and we aren't radicals. We are the 99%, and so are you. All of you.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
it seems nice , and i hope they get it going too , it will be nice to see the armed forces shake their fist at the 1% , it might make them wake up and realise that even their trained killers are humans who remember who they are and what they stand for.

on the other hand ... lets hope this doesnt become a - " were here to help you , wear this identification and get in this compound"

edit on 22-10-2011 by ReptileRipper because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by ReptileRipper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It is refreshing, I think the cops have been overly critized.
I also hope this makes Bloomberg more reluctant to shut OWS down.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
May have been a better idea to call it something like Occupyarmedforces or something other then a particular branch, but good stuff.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Dare me to call them that?

So what if I do.

What are they gonna do, beat me up?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by Kali74

Dare me to call them that?

So what if I do.

What are they gonna do, beat me up?

Child please.

Go Occupy Marines! This is awesome news. It will be much harder to dismiss OWS if these guys are shown supporting them. Hopefully the media won't just ignore this.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We've already had vets in boston plowed into by police (i watched it live)
And the guy snapping on NYPD.
And i've known this for awhile, its awsome that the military trained vets and possible active military, are going to help them bunker up for winter. That is what they do best
, trained to do.
Winter will not kill OWS.

The people united, will never be defeated.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The thing is this movement already has an equal amount of everyone... many democrats, many republicans, many "No party" voters...... old, young... employed, jobless, veterans.... all kinds of people.... EVERY kind of people.

But STILL..... the propaganda merchants and BS spreaders on this site and in the news.... want to paint this as a liberal movement, the left wing equivalent of the Tea Party.

People will not believe anything other than what they want to believe or what the MSM is telling them.

I've never witnessed such stupidity or hypocrisy.... it's insane.

edit on 22/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The military has as much stake in this as anyone.In fact more so.I think they don't want to die for some corporate interests instead of for their country.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Kali74

The thing is this movement already has an equal amount of everyone... many democrats, many republicans, many "No party" voters...... old, young... employed, jobless, veterans.... all kinds of people.... EVERY kind of people.

But STILL..... the propaganda merchants and BS spreaders on this site and in the news.... want to paint this as a liberal movement, the left wing equivalent of the Tea Party.

People will not believe anything other than what they want to believe or what the MSM is telling them.

I've never witness such stupidity or hypocrisy.... it's insane.

Sometimes, peoples stupidity, leaves me in awe,
And sometimes depressed.

I know its not right to think people are dumb, but.. some of them just seem to be..going through the motions, like robots. Haha. Believe everything the MSM tells them.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
The military has as much stake in this as anyone.In fact more so.I think they don't want to die for some corporate interests instead of for their country.

I was hoping someone would bring this into the thread. They know exactly how our government uses them. Their lives are on the line for dollars, then they aren't even rewarded for it when they come home.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Surviving the winter may be tough for the Occupy MN people....there was frost on my windows of my truck the other morning. I can't imagine spending the night in that in just a sleeping bag; they are not allowing tents up and come November, December,January and Feb ouch, cold stuff.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by Kali74

Surviving the winter may be tough for the Occupy MN people....there was frost on my windows of my truck the other morning. I can't imagine spending the night in that in just a sleeping bag; they are not allowing tents up and come November, December,January and Feb ouch, cold stuff.

It will be the same story here, but. People from cold places are more adapted to the cold. Me, being canadian. I can do cold pretty well, anyone from here can do it pretty well. Just add more layers
, 7 pairs of socks. 5 shirts. Two coats. Haha

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

How many layers do you require for minus 30 degrees?
Um, yeah I don't think there are enough layers, just sayin'! That is crazy cold!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Why don't you go find out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join