It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what aircraft have I just seen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hey folks. I'm taking a bit of an interest in aviation and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the aircraft I just saw.

It was no alien! so sorry for anyone expecting that

That is a rough outline, the lights on the front and back were flashing

It was a diamond shape, but the 'back' end wasn't as pronounced as the front(what I mean is if you imagine the aircraft was 2 pyramids connected, the back was much much less steep, to the point it somewhat looked like a stealth, but the rear was a bit more pronounced, ie not flat). The shape was a bit like an F-117 Nighthawk, but do we have those in the UK?

It was very low and loud. Certainly it was military. But I was surprised by how slow it moved. I'm no expert but if it was some sort of fighter jet I'd have expected a bit more speed.

It's past 11pm here and it was traveling solo. I wonder if it was an aircraft returning from Libya?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You mention the back, and then the rear as if two different entities. Do you mean an asymmetric diamond shape?

www.realufos.net...

or this,

www.flygplan.info...
edit on 22-10-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I can't tell from that picture it looks a little pixelated

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I suspect it was one of the many different UCAV designs.
Please check out some off the designs listed in this wiki: UCAVs

The BAE Raven comes to mind though it's not really a diamond shape:

It's probably not the Raven, but, there are a large number of these being designed, tested, possibly even in active use all over.
edit on 22-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

post by NadaCambia

Yeah ,who'd expect that on an Aliens and UFO forum

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Hey folks. I'm taking a bit of an interest in aviation and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the aircraft I just saw.

That is a rough outline, the lights on the front and back were flashing

It was a diamond shape, but the 'back' end wasn't as pronounced as the front(what I mean is if you imagine the aircraft was 2 pyramids connected, the back was much much less steep, to the point it somewhat looked like a stealth, but the rear was a bit more pronounced, ie not flat). The shape was a bit like an F-117 Nighthawk, but do we have those in the UK?

It was very low and loud. Certainly it was military. But I was surprised by how slow it moved. I'm no expert but if it was some sort of fighter jet I'd have expected a bit more speed.

It's past 11pm here and it was traveling solo. I wonder if it was an aircraft returning from Libya?
I posted a threat about this a few months ago...it freaked me out becouse it was very low and VERY loud at first i thought it was a vulkan but ive seen them many times before and this was something completely diffirent

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not sure where in the UK you are, but I'm seeing an unusually high number of non-domestic helicopters and military planes tonight, all heading East. Doesn't answer your thread much, sorry about that. There's maybe a show on or something, what direction was yours heading?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Do a lookup on "box wing" or "rhomboid wing" aircraft. Colorado University has a UAV called the Devil Ray with this type of configuration. Supposedly that wing type gives a lot of lift with low drag. Also depending on the angles used it may have a small radar return, so it can be stealthy.

Likely what you saw is a research UAV or aircraft.

new topics

top topics

join