It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Drone Involved in Final Qaddafi Strike, as Obama Heralds Regime's 'End'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

U.S. Drone Involved in Final Qaddafi Strike, as Obama Heralds Regime's 'End'

www.foxnews.com

A U.S. Predator drone was involved in the airstrike on Muammar Qaddafi's convoy Thursday in the moments before his death, a U.S. defense official told Fox News.

The official said the drone, along with a French fighter jet, fired on the "large convoy" leaving Qaddafi's hometown of Sirte. A French defense official earlier said about 80 vehicles were in the convoy -- the official said the strike did not destroy the convoy but that fighters on the ground afterward intercepted the vehicle carrying
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It looks like Qaddafi was stopped in his tracks with a Predator drone and French fighter jet strike, and then a crowd beat him to death.

They didn't even want him alive. It seems like none of these guys are wanted alive, they just want to kill them.

The video on the front page of foxnews.com that shows his death is pretty rowdy. It's really hard to tell if he died from the beating or if they put bullet holes in him. I wonder what he did to get hated by the people so much?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Getting closer to the the truth, but still not quite all the way there yet.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
In short, U.S. intelligence was provided credible anonymous information, and located the convoy... Provided coordinates to the military and NATO, and ordered the drone strike... But without the intent of killing Gaddafi himself. They needed to have the Libyan rebels kill him... He could not be "martyred" by the "great satan" (USA)

They "assisted the Libyan people in achieving this goal"

Mission accomplished, now let the oil flow and move on to the next target in Syria.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
I wonder what he did to get hated by the people so much?

Well, they sure were screaming "ALLAH AKBAR" a lot, weren't they?

Gaddafi suppressed Islamic extremist terrorists in his country. Blair even said Ghaddafi was a major partner in fighting Al Qaeda.

Put it all together. I'm surprised that they didn't cut his head off.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I saw the video and was appalled! Dictator or no dictator, but that unruly mob was disgusting. Prodding and poking a corpse while shrieking and screaming? How unbecoming of the West's new pals. Such barbarity should be scorned and ridiculed!

Now, how was Qaddafi killed? That remains to be seen, because all we have is conflicting reports? Like first he was captured, then he was killed, he was caught hiding in a hole, and now a predator drone may have had a hand in his demise? What happened? Can we get the straight story for once? Did he surrender? Was he armed? These are things the public needs to know. The whole thing sounds like OBL all over again.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Gaddafi suppressed Islamic extremist terrorists in his country. Blair even said Ghaddafi was a major partner in fighting Al Qaeda.

You hit the nail on the head. Truly disgusting display of so-called modern humanity. It looked like when those Iraqis paraded the charred remains of the contractors through the streets of Fallujah, or some of the Islamist execution videos we have grown so used to seeing.

These are the people the US and Western Europe are going to be paling around with in the future? I am sorry dictator or no dictator a reaction like that to the remains of a dead human being is absolutely uncalled for. There is no reason or justification for it. I am surprised his head was not removed from his shoulders as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If you ask me, it is pathetic that it took the U.S. this many months and 1 billion dollars to kill 1 guy! Ridiculous! Dose killing this guy have any thing to do with national security, of course not. If it was Bush the Dems. would be screaming foul!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Let me get this right....first a HELLFIRE MISSILE (Drones pack those) hits his vehicle, he gets out, crawls to a sewage pipe, gets yanked up by 'rebels', gets shot in the legs, then dies?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Damn I'm sad to say I'm an American....the masses will believe almost anything:/

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I guess The United States Tyrannical Goverment and the U.N. Now Condone the MURDERING of a Head Of State ? Who's Next ................

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

I guess The United States Tyrannical Goverment and the U.N. Now Condone the MURDERING of a Head Of State ? Who's Next ................

Wanted: Dead Only!

$10,000,000 Cash bonus
for a slow painful death.
$10,000,000 more for video
of his death sent exclusively
to CNN.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I think this quote on youtube puts it very well...

wow. "democracy" at its best. These Al Quaeda supporters who were given all the help to kill Gaddafi screaming ALLAH AKBAR, !!!! ..eventually their attention will focus back on US when their new government we support starts to suppress their rights. Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia are classic examples

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Funny, everyone talks about oil and i never see any of it.. You see any lower gas prices? I guess the French started this so America could get oil..

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Amid the shouting of "allahu akbar" Gaddafi asked his captors with a pleading right hand held up "What did I ever do to you?"

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I think this quote on youtube puts it very well...

wow. "democracy" at its best. These Al Quaeda supporters who were given all the help to kill Gaddafi screaming ALLAH AKBAR, !!!! ..eventually their attention will focus back on US when their new government we support starts to suppress their rights. Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia are classic examples

I somewhat agree. The US and other NATO friends know that these are Al Qaeda and affiliates, and when they start killing each other for the land grab of Libya, NATO forces will probably play another "humanitarian mission" card or simply sweep coverage of new Libya under the carpet.

Though these militants certainly just gained massive military assets from taking over Libya. It's only going to get worse and worse until Africa and the Middle East become the world's contested zone between imperial powers (just like in "1984").

EDIT:

ShogunAssassins-
Funny, everyone talks about oil and i never see any of it.. You see any lower gas prices? I guess the French started this so America could get oil..

Because the price of oil is determined solely by economic speculation, not supplies.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rynoryzer
If you ask me, it is pathetic that it took the U.S. this many months and 1 billion dollars to kill 1 guy! Ridiculous! Dose killing this guy have any thing to do with national security, of course not. If it was Bush the Dems. would be screaming foul!

You can say that again.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Trust-Predator drones could do this anytime...they waited for a reason. Reasons that none of us on here will never know but they could have taken him out much earlier.

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by Rynoryzer

You can say that again.

top topics

join