It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mind of God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
reply to post by LeftySinister

Your observations are amazing. You should read the book, "The Way of Hermes." It is an outline of what you just said.

Thank you! I'm looking for the book now! Hermes Trismegistus has always fascinated me.

The purpose of it all was (past) a mystery. No longer. The mystery is revealed in the Bible, most particularly Ephesians chapters 1-4. As you stated above, "As above, so below." Take all aspects of the symbolism we know from the inside and you see the total picture outside. First and foremost, take a look at your statement above. God gave of himself for us. This is the first piece of the puzzle.
Exactly. God had to manifest himself physically. He sent Jesus as a Reconciler and a Reminder. I think Ephesians is extremely fitting for your discussion. I especially like Chapter 2: 15-16. "His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility." (NIV) Awesome!

Next, take a look at baptism. Baptism is the immersion of of the soul in the material image of created reality. (Read my Article on the Physics of God) Water is energy. John 3 reveals that we are born first into the water. This is the initiation into becoming sentient and autonomous. Would God hand over the Kingdom if we did not realize how to love others? No, because the one rule of the kingdom of God is to first love God because He first loved us. The next step to the only rule of love is to love others. Beyond this, no other law is necessary or applicable. This is the point that you search for. Love comes form hope. Hope comes from Faith. Faith is God's work in us and not our work here on earth. We simply love God. By doing so, we naturally love others. Apart from the works of love, faith is dead and we have no love for God.

I'm reading your thread today. I'm very interested to see what you have to say. This particular paragraph reminds me of Crowley's "Love is the Law. Love under Will." I wholeheartedly agree with your statement on faith. I've been trying to explain this for years. It also fits in well with the "Love is the Law" statement. If the only human aspect greater than Love is Will, and it is our Will to Love we open ourselves up to the works of God.

Next, look at the veil and the temple. The temple is our mind. We are the temple of God. His spirit is the consciousness of the Holy Spirit that works out our faith. The veil is there to keep us from seeing our former estate as part of God. The veil allows us to live apart form duplicity. If we know where we originated, we would live our lives based on this thought alone. Duplicity is saying one thing and doing another. Do we seek the supreme good of God for reward? If we do, we seek the reward and not God. Do we seek the supreme good to avoid punishment? We might, but we would be seeking our own good instead. Again, duplicity. Faith is living apart from fact to give us pure free will. God leaves enough clues to find our way back to him. Humbly Seeking the Good

Are you saying that the veil is reality?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Reality is an image. The veil is our inability to see beyond the surface and waves of the 'now' of created moments in time. This gets into the fourth dimension and collapsing the indeterminate wave of infinity. The best way to describe this is standing on the shore of the ocean. Do we see the ocean? No. We only see the surface and the waves. To truly see the ocean we are required to dive deep and open our awareness. The veil was torn when Christ was crucified. It was torn so that we could begin to peek into the temple. The temple is where the spirit resides.

Our awareness in the last 2000 years has moved from an earth centered awareness to a universe centered awareness. This is like a child who starts life out only seeing the immediate needs of food and warmth. As a child develops, the awareness is expanded beyond the self to the world around the child. As time progresses, the mind transcends the concrete reality for the abstract.

If you offer a child a dime or a nickle, they choose the nickle because it is bigger. Given time, the child chooses the dime because it is worth more. The veil covers the ability to visualize the abstract. True reality is the preexistence truths that are abstract. Love, life, living, joy, peace and so on. We tend to cling to the material concrete world around us. The veil is what we perceive as real. In reality, finite matter is transient and passing. Infinity is never part of the finite.

The finite comes form the infinite by choice. Now we are back to collapsing the indeterminate wave of infinity at rest. Indeterminate is yet to be determined. The world around us is determined by destiny. What we make of the world around us by thought and movement is not determined. We have the choice of free will apart from duplicity. Free will requires the absence of our awareness of infinity from the beginning, but not at the end.

edit on 21-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Reality is an image. The veil is our inability to see beyond the surface and waves of the 'now' of created moments in time. This gets into the fourth dimension and collapsing the indeterminate wave of infinity. The best way to describe this is standing on the shore of the ocean. Do we see the ocean? No. We only see the surface and the waves. To truly see the ocean we are required to dive deep and open our awareness. The veil was torn when Christ was crucified. It was torn so that we could begin to peek into the temple. The temple is where the spirit resides.

Our awareness in the last 2000 years has moved from an earth centered awareness to a universe centered awareness. This is like a child who starts life out only seeing the immediate needs of food and warmth. As a child develops, the awareness is expanded beyond the self to the world around the child. As time progresses, the mind transcends the concrete reality for the abstract.

If you offer a child a dime or a nickle, they choose the nickle because it is bigger. Given time, the child chooses the dime because it is worth more. The veil covers the ability to visualize the abstract. True reality is the preexistence truths that are abstract. Love, life, living, joy, peace and so on. We tend to cling to the material concrete world around us. The veil is what we perceive as real. In reality, finite matter is transient and passing. Infinity is never part of the finite.

The finite comes form the infinite by choice. Now we are back to collapsing the indeterminate wave of infinity at rest. Indeterminate is yet to be determined. The world around us is determined by destiny. What we make of the world around us by thought and movement is not determined. We have the choice of free will apart from duplicity. Free will requires the absence of our awareness of infinity from the beginning, but not at the end.

edit on 21-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Excellent post. My only question is does the finite only emerge from the infinite by choice? The Sumerians believed that creation was very upsetting to the Void. Infinity really loved her rest. So much so that the Void tried to destroy the gods and their creation. I've often wondered if one of the purposes of existence was to, in fact, exist. To spite non-existance as it were. That Creation would so passively return to the entropic Void seems...well, against the very essence of Creation itself. "In the beginning was the Void." Then God spoke and that divine sound rippled across the stillness of the Void and Creation sprang from its wake. If the natural state of the Void is entropy, it seems to me that having that perfect neutrality disturbed would not be Its choice. Hahahaha. Just a thought....

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

My bad. I think I took the metaphor of the painting too far. I only meant it as a visual tool to help grasp the concept of what I was talking about. I didn't mean for it to symbolize my whole belief system. That's a bit more complex than can be represented with a 2-D metaphor!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join