It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You deserve what?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
By the way, I do agree with you whole-heartedly on people getting off their butts and making the most of their lives, but that can mean so many different things. You can't just assume that because someone isn't making money that they aren't even trying. It takes a long time to build a career, even more for a business, and the fact is that the old blue-collar worker being able to afford a home and food for his or her family with one income just isn't today's reality. It kind of stinks to ask today's kids to not only succeed but to fix all the problems that previous generations have left on their plate.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

Oh I agree. Even some white collar jobs are the same way. My wife and I often discuss how some of the younger generation can afford to live. The mean cost of a home in my area is $175,000. Now how do these people afford a home? Much less a dependable car. I think the main problem has been the over inflation of housing. Add to that the cost of raw materials skyrocketing and it's no wonder. Again though, it all comes from the top.

What we need is a revamp of wall street. Ban derivatives, speculation, margins, and commodities. The only thing that should be traded is company stock, period! Then and only then can we begin to bring this bubble down to a manageable level.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Don't forget that most animals are born with the tools they need to succeed in their environment, and with a far less chance of genetic defects.

Tigers are born with teeth to kill, gazelles with legs to run. We are brought into this world helpless, aside from the tools our community provides us to survive. People are weak in their natural state. This is why we have societies, and I believe that necessary tools for survival in our societies should be accessible to all.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Some of you people Jeez! I can't believe that anyone would think that we humans deserve something for the pure reason that were humans. All we deserve is to think, if that. I truly believe that we do not deserve anything. We should be grateful just to have a glimpse of the life we're living now. And yes you have a choice to be part of the machine or not part of it. Its all about supply and demand. There are always two sides of the equation, it is never one-sided. There is always a positive and a negative, (e.g. yin and yang, matter and anti-matter, quarks and anti-quarks etc.) People are so caught up in greed and self loathing that they can't imagine fending for themselves, they never had to. The thought that they would actually have to take care of themselves for the rest of their lives working a hard days work just to live, some would rather die. Well I say let em die. That's how evolution works, and thats how it will always work. Sure theres no problem in trying to make our society better, and pushing for better policies, but were already screwed from the start. Everyone in power is sucked into this religion thing, which tells me that they're either manipulative or easily manipulated. We involve race into everything we do, and people wonder why racism still exists. HELLO when your going to classify everyone by their race e.g. the first black president, the first latino president, the first black man on the moon, the first latino on the moon. Can you imagine if it were more like the first red-haired president, or the first man with green eyes on the moon, Sounds pretty stupid. People who are part of minority groups are furthering and elongating the process of getting rid of racism, great job guys! People are just too stupid, and greedy in this world for anything in this world to work right. 2000 years of evolution might change that if we don't kill ourselves by then. I call it the 99% rule. That is 99% of everybody is a stupid, ignorant greedy bastard that does not get that we are all part of the same thing. I try to believe that at least 1% isn't which is still like 7.5 million people. People need to wake up and stop asking for # all the time, and just get it for yourself

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

I agree with most of your post, but I really don't think most people are actually whining about not having material things. I think it's corruption and destructive greed that people are angry about. Not everyone wants to be a millionaire, I sure as hell don't, but I can't help but be furious when my Grandmother has to move in with my Aunt because some jerk in a corner office risked her retirement money to make a couple bucks.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
I am so sick of hearing how everyone deserves basic food/shelter, etc. No you don't! You are an animal, no different than a cat or ground hog. The only thing you deserve is the ability to fend for yourself. No one is responsible to give you anything. Your ability to survive is on you, and no one else. It's time we stopped blaming others for our lack of success and start fending for ourselves.

We have no environment left to all survive as animals in!
Our governments have allowed our natural habitat to be destroyed and now you want to turn around and tell us this system that we have supported can not deliver our basic needs for life - generation after generation of our forefathers supported a system that now thinks it should only have to care for itself.

We have been indoctrinated into this belief that society owes us something. It does not. No one forces you to work a job, no one forces you to buy a house, a car or TV. That is your choice. You have the ability to go into the wilderness and make your own way. There are plenty of people who do it. We are under this illusion that people are put into place by us to look out for us. They do not.

You are the one living in an illusion - I'm not saying you can not live the good life in many places and subsidise your living with the land, but I am saying you can't survive off it -hell someone ownes it all to start with. You have to work to get there - there is not option to just be an animal again. You have to play the game to get out of the game.

Money is something someone agreed to thousands of years ago and it stuck. Someone figured out that they could scam others for their work and be lazy. Soon more people were doing it. Eventually it became a lopsided civilization because no one wanted to work. They all wanted the lazy life. Anyone who could do it was envied by the ones who couldn't. Soon these people started looking for places where they could do the same things.

Dont talk about money unless you actually understand the monetry system because it is blatantly obvious to those that understands where our money comes from that the system is designed to make the minority win and a majority lose - it has nothing to do with being lazy, lazy is just one of multiple factors - but the truth is its a rat race in order to get ahead you need to beath the others, we are all spinting and the fast/lucky rats are telling the ones behind them they are lazy, not realising if we pass them they are on the bottom - even though they didnt stop sprinting.

New countries are formed, and the cycle repeats itself. Now here we are at the same crossroads, but there is one problem...there is no where else to go to start it again. People are envious of the ones who don't work, and want a piece of the pie. We have grown into that envious society without even realizing it. We depend on these non-workers for our sustenance and get mad when they don't pony up. Stop feeding the beast if you don't like it!

Our society requires people to be on the benefit, when the economy is not doing well and companies are not hiring it is like sitting on the bench until a place opens up on the team - why shouldnt people be paid a subsidy to survive when the ones running the game have not designed the system to accomodate for them.

You have the power to stop all of this, you just have to want it bad enough. Pair your lifestyle down to basic needs and stop feeding the corporate machine. It wouldn't take long for them to get the message. If you are not buying their goods, they can't make money, quite simple. These "fat cats" as most people call them got where they are by your consumerist and instant gratification lifestyle. Quit participating.

Many are trying to - as said you have to play the game to get out of it, some already are out and they have compassion towards those still stuck in it.

You have the power, you have the knowledge, you just have to want it. We don't need OWS or any other movement to return this country to it's people. We need our citizens to make a stand and stop feeding the machine.

Thats what they are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all have the power to affect change, question is, are you willing? Our are you just content to do lip service and whine about someone else getting something for nothing? When are you going to make a stand? When will you make a statement with your wallet? Choice is yours. You either accept things as they are, or you make the change.
It's up to you.

Haha this is the people who are will and are standing up, you are the one still supporting the corrupt existing system and telling them to play the game to get out of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No, they are not. If it were, you would be born with it. It would be written down for you to have. You are only guaranteed the opportunity to obtain them. Big difference. Being human does not give us any more special rights than any animal. just because we can reason does not automatically guarantee us anything.

That would be the law of the jungle where might makes right. I guess you feel the if the rich get robbed by the mob then that is OK because they couldn't hold on to what they had so they didn't deserve it. That is how it happens in nature.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well I think the protestors were just awarded some public port-a-potties and a removal of the police fences, so that they can come and go as they please.

So I guess the authorities are beginning to cave in on thier demands for basic food, water and shelter.

Let's see how many are left after the first snowfall

The stock market was up today on news of the death of Gaddafi.

The Market also rose the day after the death of Osama Bin Ladin.

After the death of Anwar al-Awlaki the market dropped a little but quickly rose after a week.

I think they might be onto a new way to jumpstart the markets.

Power to the PEOPLE - Land of the FREE - Support the war on TERRORISM

edit on 21-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join