It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before, Governments Used To Terrorize Us. NOW, We're Doing It To Ourselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sure, there's stuff going on in the world, threats, rumors of war, etc. But, since the world is in such uproar about the signs from the sky, Doomsday sayers (and there's no shortage), one doomsdate after another, the terror is coming from US now? Think about it. With all the material out there, and all the prophecies, they must figure we are just doing fine scaring each other to death and they have eased up on terrorising us on a daily basis.

This same population that waited for news about Big Sista and Fox's never ending "BREAKING NEWS" about another boogey man, package, or impending Xray weapon from the Chinese, have lessened somewhat now that all the talk is THE END OF TIMES.

Am i wrong?

edit on 20-10-2011 by dgtempe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
No bites? I think they have programmed us for doom, and now we
are running with it all by ourselves.
Ow, come on, tell me i'm full of it if you dont agree.

I happen to believe it and i have noticed this.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Its all about gaining an iron grip over humanity. They want to split the human race into two seperate species (check bbc article on this, its horrible)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I’ve been called a fear mongerer. But here is my take on all the Doooooom!

Humans are humans, we kill, start wars, etc. We also do good things all the time; it just rarely gets any coverage.

Earth is earth: It shakes, rumbles and rolls.

Weather is weather; it spawns tornados and hurricanes, floods, droughts etc.

I think of it as life unchained. You can’t be prepared for everything. There are to many variable factors involved.

So I just try to enjoy myself and hopefully bring a smile to someone else from time to time.

Though I do have a couple plans for the above if I survive intact and healthy.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I think they have programmed us for doom, and now we
are running with it all by ourselves.

I agree - but I think it's more a "desensitization process," and a way to distract from real issues.

.......Many older cultures totally accept the idea that things change - that mountains become plains, the seas rise up, kings and cultures rise and fall. So why do Western cultures demand stasis? Why is our society dependent on the idea that things don't change, except for the better? Why do we need the illusion of "progress" just to live?

A sales pitch, imho. And a bogus product.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I couldnt have said it better. Things DO change, and we may be in that change.
I guess we just take a ringside seat, and watch what happens. I wish humanity could handle "changes" as other past generations did. Some survived, some did not. Entire continents have vanished, entire continents have risen. I just dont understand why we , "I" find it so hard to fathom.
Lots of people are nervous, cant handle the idea of just vanishing or worse. Thanks, Sofi, you add a new dimension to my thoughts!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just in case, i will forever remain
"LOGGED IN"

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Sadly that the majority of the People here do not named the Country
from where they are writing, it is very nice to see the cultural differences
and the kind of "Doom Prophecies":
People from the US fear War, Europeans like environmental Catastrophes,
Men like Space related Doom and Women prefer Plagues!

But i agree, there is tooooo much Doom and many People forget to live

For example Japan, many People here (in Japan) don't mind F'Shima
because they are living in "the Now"
anywhere else many People are in Panic because they fear the future,
but they never know what is happen in the next Minute, next Hour or in 10 Years,
so it is kind of a useless and futile construction of thoughts!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Human0815 because: spel;l

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
While I am not exactly sure this thread is in the right section of ATS, I'll bite.

No, no we are not.

The average Joe Blow Citizen, have their heads warped by MSM, and they like it that way.
The only concepts they have, thanks to their Normalcy Bias, are what they see on TV, what they have happen to them the day prior (or that moment) and what their bank accounts or credit lines will let them buy. The only time they express shock or alarm is when the media tells them to be shocked. Then there is the media circus and or political circus that distracts them from real threats to their lives/lifestyles. I'll go as far as to mention the religious circus that exists as well, some of them having built in 'TSHHTF' end of days scenarios. (An' some that do not.)

The people you see on ATS, while they have their own set of personal issues and world views are an 'exotic' and extremely small minority population. (When observed from the perspective as a 'whole world' population.) (I'll let you decide on the average intelligence of the ATS members on your own.)

What we do have is our own filters as to what makes us sit up and take notice.

Some of us react to the sudden shifts and transitions of the Earth's Surface.
Some of us react to the sudden shifts of the Sun Corona.
Others react to the 'intra-extra-solar system eccentricities ' Comets, meteors, satellites and the like.
Then you have the politically driven reactionary groups.
The currency driven reactionary groups.

An' so on and such forth.

The fact of the matter most us us here have had some sort of 'trigger' event that made us sit up and wonder 'wt_' is going on. Some of the triggers may have been more life altering, others may have been simple curiosity.

Yes there will be 'alarmist extremes' in such an exotic minority grouping, and there will be those that go to extremes to warn others of a 'threat.' Then you will have those who got 'jolted hard' from their normalcy bias and into the big scary world, who 'are honest in their panic, but short on facts'.... Then another lot who are doing it 'just for the shock factor or to see how big of troll reaction they can get.'

You can also blame the media for people wanting to use 'big exclamatory inflammatory reactionary statements.' After all the media conditioned us to only 'react' if the information or news is not presented in any other manner.

So no, its no that we are terrorizing ourselves, unless of course our 'new normalcy bias' is that 'There is always some new way for everything to go to hell, and we want to be the first to ride that tidal wave as it hits. '

Of course your own 'normalcy bias' will likely be different from mine.

M.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

I love your philosophy. Its so beneficial for me to hear others' perspective on this stuff...And ATSers intelligence is highly rated, always has been. I will read this a couple of times and hope it sinks in. I'm afraid i have fallen for those fearmongering idiots that pollute the internet.
Thank you for sharing your mind.

join