It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is my Tax fix proposal, what is Yours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I had this part of another post but no one commented seeing it is lost in the 1,000's of post. I often hear people complain and whine about things then they never put forth any ideas.

Here is one I have for helping the national debt via taxation and savings

abolish Income tax altogether and impose on each person a $100 per year per head. Family of five pays $500. times that in a population of lets say Los Angeles it would be a minimum of $700,000,000.00, times that by 3 per each State on an average(Hawaii and RI would be less of course) 1,050,000,000,000.00 per year income.

The IRS also tax 3% sales tax in each state at the register including utilities like electric, gas, phone and internet service, and 5% fuel tax at the pump, That will add a minimum of a trillion dollars more to the Fed per year.

Each State charges 3% sales tax, and $50 per house/apartment or owner/renter tax in their State.

County and Cities get property and building taxes in their areas.

Cut Congress and Senate pay in half and require on them what they impose on the people like Obama Care and no lifetime retirement. Most already have at least one 401k.

edit on 19-10-2011 by ChesterJohn because: Joy riding

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
That might not be a bad idea.

My idea is to start the tax liability at the poverty level (after raising the poverty level to a realistic figure).
So poor people wouldn't have to pay any income taxes or even have to file.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The fix is simple, lose government and dont force people to pay into something that they may not believe in. Do you even know why people came to america to begin with, to get away from the taxes in britain. Governments only go after countries to rape the tax system and give it to the ones ruling the system. No government is the only solution.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The federal government has no authorization to impose tax collection schemes on local or state governments.
To me spending is the issue.
Cut the federal budget dramatically.
Balance the budget.
End unfunded federal mandates on the states.
End the Fed.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have a few others ideas that go into savings like. put an end to grants for arts and other very stupid programs like study of sound on sea monkeys that got1.2 mil and for what? nothing.

I would have a fund that would encourage grants and loans but to only those who have a viable new product or feasible Idea. for example the Mazda rotary motor now proves to be a engine type that will operate good as a electric-hybrid engine that automatically recharge it's battery cells. this engine design should have received more funding to develop a green engine. Audi saw that it was good and is now developing but they don't need a grant but the inventor knew this about the rotary engine in the 70's.

Also, there should be a central Armed force for protection for foreign invasion and acts. that is an active border patrol that keeps people out.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This is improbable but here's how I would run my initial beta. 10% tax from every individual annual income. 9% to the individual's state to be allocated between itself and the localities from which that person hails from, 1% to federal. 3% tax on every corporation and small business' annual income, 2% state, 1% federal. 10% sales tax on all products with a demand greater than the supply, 5% sales tax on all products otherwise. 30% tax on all imports, 15% on exports. No property tax.
(seeriously fu**k property taxes, now and forever)
edit on 20-10-2011 by a1red3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Why no just put a tax of 20& on share trades. How many shares get brought and sold each year and which socio economic group does the most share trading?

top topics

join