It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gone from Happy Doodles to Gloomy Doodles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Due to the way that the world is at the moment I have been doodling in a slightly different way recently in my little, black, A5 book.

At one time I used to doodle happy cartoony kind of images, but I seem to have been overtaken by dark shadows of cramming images altogether as if in chaos. This is unlike me, but I never know what is going to get put on the page until I do it with my blue biro....

Anybody else experiencing differences in the way that their mind uses the pen recently, or indeed any other way of putting art to paper?....

edit on 19-10-2011 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2011 by davethebear because: new image

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thankyou for adding to the art here. I really like the equal balance of detail accross the sketch, it reminds me of life in the core of a city. Why do you draw with a blue pen and not black? any particular reason?

On the subject of joy to gloom in art, I had almost the opposite happen to me, I used to draw very gloomy subjects, then found myself wanting to make things happier and brighter, I am still challenged by this as I find there is more emotion to be pulled out of a viewer of a 'dark' piece, and being a drawer before a painter, hard lines are the cornerstone of any dark piece. I think painting might be a good step towards happier art, using color can make any subject appear more alive.

If you want to check out my work LINK

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

They look happy, to me. Most of em anyways. I see smiles.

Interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
Thankyou for adding to the art here. I really like the equal balance of detail accross the sketch, it reminds me of life in the core of a city. Why do you draw with a blue pen and not black? any particular reason?

On the subject of joy to gloom in art, I had almost the opposite happen to me, I used to draw very gloomy subjects, then found myself wanting to make things happier and brighter, I am still challenged by this as I find there is more emotion to be pulled out of a viewer of a 'dark' piece, and being a drawer before a painter, hard lines are the cornerstone of any dark piece. I think painting might be a good step towards happier art, using color can make any subject appear more alive.

If you want to check out my work LINK

Thanks for sending your link of your art.......you have some great images there..I like the one sketch/drawing of a person in the air above crowds of people and he is tipping something out of a jar/urn...the faces and bodies altogether in a large huddle reminds me of what I have been doing recently.....but I know what you mean by adding colour to bring the picture out more, but I do a majority of my drawing in pubs/bars, so I try and take as less stuff as possible. I used to use pencil, but for some reason I have started using blue biro, I dunno why....but may get myself a cheap pack of coloured pencils and do some filling in.....

Love your stuff though, very impressed. Drawing/sketching is never ending and you can do it anywhere. I never understand why people sit on trains/buses etc and do soduku and crosswords when they can do something creative......

cheers again

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by davethebear

They look happy, to me. Most of em anyways. I see smiles.

Interesting, nonetheless.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the smiley faces. At one time all I used to draw was happy faces, but the odd one or two miserable ones have started to appear. But life is not always happy is it....hahaha

cheers

top topics

join