It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those that think Ventura is just a mouth piece.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I've always liked him...But, I have also always thought he would eventually drive himself insane if he kept up his current actions. If I worked that hard and didn't see results, I would be banging my head against the wall at not only the corruption, but at how blatantly dishonest so many people of this nation are with themselves.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Ummmm you don't have to see combat to be a navy SEAL.

en.wikipedia.org...

Naval Combat Demolition Units

Underwater Demolition Teams

On November 23, 1943, the U.S. Marine landing on Tarawa Atoll emphasized the need for hydrographic reconnaissance and underwater demolition of obstacles prior to any amphibious landing. Offshore coral reefs and other obstacles in the surf had resulted in many of the Marines drowning or being hit by enemy fire because their landing craft could not reach the beach. After the Tarawa, Rear Admiral Richmond K. Turner directed the formation of nine Underwater Demolition Teams. 30 officers and 150 enlisted men were moved to the Waimānalo Amphibious Training Base to form the nucleus of a demolition training program. This group became Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) ONE and TWO.

edit on 10/20/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm fully aware of that.
But he was not a Navy Seal.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I love Jesse. I voted for him when he ran for Governor in Minnesota and I would vote for him as President. I have a lot of respect for Ron Paul too. I would love to see Ron Paul and Jesse hook up and run as independents. I have always been confused why Ron Paul would want to associated himself with the Republican party.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
I'm fully aware of that.

Then why does he say he was?
I suppose you are calling him a liar?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by allenidaho
I'm fully aware of that.

Then why does he say he was?
I suppose you are calling him a liar?

I had not heard of this until this thread came up, I always thought he was a SEAL too, you can even look up my posts on ATS recently. But, I looked it up, and this is wikipedia says-

...Following that, Governor Ventura's office confirmed that Ventura was a member of the UDTs. His spokesman stated that Ventura has never tried to convince people otherwise.[8] Ventura stated: "Today we refer to all of us as SEALs; that's all it is," and described the accusations of lying about being a SEAL as "[m]uch ado about nothing."[10]

Source

I interpret that to mean that he is essentially saying that he was not really a SEAL, he was UDT. But, since UDT is now merged with the SEALs, he uses the term "SEAL" for familiarity's sake.

In the end, it's not like he is lying about his service. I won't hold it against him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join