It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish troops move into Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is a conflict that has gone on for longer than the Israel-Palestine conflict and after all these years, one thing has never changed.
The Kurds have been used to further the agendas of many other countries throughout the years, including the Soviet Union, The United States, Israel and even Saudi Arabia. I am wondering when the Kurdish people realize that with every act of "help" by other countries and organizations like the CIA and Mossad, they drift even further from their goal of forming a sovereign state and only make themselves appear as the bad guys.

It really saddens me to see how they are being used over and over and over again

Edit: If this isn't a false flag by Turkey, then they have every right to retaliate for as far as I am concerned, but only if the Iraqi government will not or can not do something about it themselves and as long as the turks limit their operations to short but intensive genuine CT operations.

IT--
edit on 21-10-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by edog11

The Kurds have been used to further the agendas of many other countries throughout the years, including the Soviet Union, The United States, Israel and even Saudi Arabia. I am wondering when the Kurdish people realize that with every act of "help" by other countries and organizations like the CIA and Mossad, they drift even further from their goal of forming a sovereign state and only make themselves appear as the bad guys.

Imo. the Kurds have the same Problem like Afghanistan or some Countries is Africa,
the War destroyed everything, the Kids cant go to school and the smart People are in Exile,
there is no one left to correct the path of the Kurdish political Institutions and only
the radical wing of the PKK survived!

The PKK is 100% not worth a discussion,
so called "Freedom-Fighter" who fund their "Liberation Fight"
with the Money from Heroin Smuggling, accepting the collateral Enslavement
of Hundreds of Thousand European Drug User lose every sympathy!
( i am speaking here about Tones of Heroin and not small amounts like a few Kg.)

Their Theory is already wrong,
in fact there is an intellectual need to eliminate the PKK!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Northern Iraq is run by the Kurdish Regional Government.
The Kurdish flag flies there.
Last I heard, or saw, they were basically setting up their own infrastructure, institutions, and so on.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And now a powerful earthquake hits Turkey!!!! Shouldnt have been screwing around with the Kurds. Dont they know the Kurds have HAARP?????

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
^ As a human being, I don't find that funny at all.
People, regardless of their religious beliefs of ethnic origins, are dead, and many others are suffering and in misery.
I don't think it's appropriate to be laughing and joking about such things.
And as for not messing with the Kurds, the majority of those killed and affected, if not all of them, are Kurdish. The south east of Turkey is majority Kurdish.

Anyway, as I said before about Turkey having a presence in northern Iraq for years.
Here is a photo of some of the few tanks that have crossed the border recently. They have arrived at one of the forward outposts Turkey has in northern Iraq.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join