It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 700 Multiplier Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Most of you are probably unaware of RollCall. Its like a major Capital Hill insider newspaper. I went to their website this morning just to take a peek. No mention of OWS etc... bug surprise right. No mention of Ron Paul....big surprise.
Sad I know but true. So I thought I can at least let everyone here know thats what sits on your senators desk every morning when he comes to work, with his starbucks coffee in hand. This is the publication that grabs his attention first thing in the morning, setting the MOOD if you will.

Also a word of wisdom. Years ago in my political science research I learned of the 700 multiplier. When a phone call is placed to say your senators office. A person expresses an opinion on an issue or piece of legislation. The secretary makes a note of it. Lets say 30 people call one senator and say Im against a certain piece of legislation. The senators aides and advisors etc... will multiply 30 by 700 = 21000. Then when its time to review the issue with the senator, he will be told he/she has at least 21000 constituents that have voiced opposition or support etc.... At that point, down comes the hairy eye-brow.

Use it!!!! When you are small, appear large!!!

Id give out the phone number to Congress, but being a new member, Ive already been told I cant solicit for action on this website. Thats fine, but we at least educate each other for action, right?

p.s. its been years - if someone can correct the 700 figure up or down, let me know where it is these days.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Boy I hit this one right on the head. 700 multiplier huh. I figured it was what was used to estimate Ron Paul support by his followers. If he gets 1% his followers claim it's really 700%

join