It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Washington Post Selling a War Upon Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I live in Australia, but some years ago, and I mean YEARS ago, I had cause to post a comment on the Washington Post website. I did not hear ANYTHING or receive ANY emails from the Washington Post since.

Until this weekend, Saturday 15th October 2011.

I received an email with the subject line:-

"Post Exclusive: Iranian militant linked to murder plot‏

The Iranian cousin of the man who allegedly attempted to organize the attack on the Saudi ambassador in D.C. is Abdul Reza Shahlai, a senior commander in the Quds Force linked to the killing of untold numbers of American troops in Iraq.

Read more at:
www.washingtonpost.com... 11/10/14/gIQAJ3E6kL_story.html

Or visit washingtonpost.com."

Now WHY, after all these years, is the Washington Post going overboard to bring me this news?

To paraphrase Shakespeare, methinks they doth protest too much!

Sorry, but this whole 'news item' stinks since an awful lot of marketing effort has been put into making sure as many people know about it as possible.

There have been a huge number of 'breaking news' items worthy of far greater mention in all the time I've been registered with the Washington Post website (Japanese Tsunami springs to mind) but I've not a peep out of the Washington Post until now.

Something is afoot!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Why would anyone sell war upon anyone else?

Simple answer: They stand to benefit in some way. Period.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I agree that the whole thing stinks.
Ask any American if they want more war, and more often than not, I'll wager you get a resounding 'No'.

We're tired of war, but, it would seem some others aren't.
If the banks, however, own the government, the politicians, and the media, and stand to profit heavily from conflict with Iran however, Said owners of of the mainstream media are going to force the issue if they can, especially if it brings them more profits, and takes a spotlight off of the OWS movement.

Anyway, yes, the whole thing stinks of someone on the sidelines trying to instigate something that could very well be avoided.

join