It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Quotes on Financial Matters that make me think!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have been reading a lot of quotes from Famous leaders and politicians from another time that ring true for how things they say eventually come to pass.

A lot of you on ATS might like these quotes and have opinions on them.

I will start with the Founder of the Rothchilds.

Let me issue and control a nation’s money and I care not who writes the laws.”
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild

“The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favours that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests.”
-The Rothschild brothers of London writing to associates in New York, 1863.

How these two statements ring so true today....hmmmmmm

The following quotes are equally applicable in today's mess.

“The death of Lincoln was a disaster for Christendom. There was no man in the United States great enough to wear his boots and the bankers went anew to grab the riches. I fear that foreign bankers with their craftiness and tortuous tricks will entirely control the exuberant riches of America and use it to systematically corrupt civilization.”
- Otto von Bismark (1815-1898), German Chancellor, after the Lincoln assassination

When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
– Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

“The bank hath benefit of interest on all moneys which it creates out of nothing.”
- William Paterson, founder of the Bank of England in 1694, then a privately owned bank

“Money is a new form of slavery, and distinguishable from the old simply by the fact that it is impersonal – that there is no human relation between master and slave.”
- Leo Tolstoy, Russian writer.

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”
- Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.

These quotes for me just say everything and the more educated we get the harder it will be for them to steal, thieve and con us. Enjoy
edit on 16-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ultimately, they who have the money have the power. Knowledge is not power. It only affords us the ability to know that we are being screwed, and we can do nothing about it.

Revolution - Victory to the people!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Money equals nothing more then the value we give it, if we depend on money then it becomes more valuable then smack to an addict. Our unquenchable thirst for wealth has led us down a long desert road where few will profit and many will fall down and be left behind. The people that give us money are not walking down that road, they hired a helicopter and made it to the destination; a mirage seen only be some." - Short Memory

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
One of my favs, and it's exactly what we're seeing today:

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks…will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered…. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. – Thomas Jefferson in the debate over the Re-charter of the Bank Bill (1809)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Those who have money only have the power we (who do not have money) allow them over us. Money is not power. It is simply an illusion that we believe because we do not understand what it is. Money is simply a note that must be backed by something tangible. Gold has been that standard. It is no longer but that's not the point either. Gold does not have power over us either *unless we believe it does*. Nothing has power over us unless we are of the belief that it does. That is true of everything. We choose to perpetuate false beliefs or we are free to choose to explore and find our own power, our sovereignty. We are always free. We also choose our enslavement. Nothing is innate, it is always chosen.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Could we run a country without bankers?

I think so!

new topics

top topics

join