It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it ain't Dutch it ain't Much!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Can you find us?

Ola members.

I'm bored, can't sleep and have no energy tonight to dive in deep stories...

However! I'm eating a fresh baked peace of bread with some raw meat (Filet American as we call it), salt and pepper,chopped onions, a cognac to flush.

I'm thinking a long time now if I should create a topic about The Netherlands, not to brag, but to inform..
Somehow i Think we are below radar...

A lot of people have heard about the Netherlands, but do not know much about it, besides windmills, legal drugs, prostitutes and wooden shoes.. Some don't even know; Holland, The Netherlands, The Dutch are all the same.

But does anyone know a Dutchman created the Bilderberg?, the Dutch ( the size of a city!) were the last nation concurred Great Britain, invented the Nameless corporation (VOC) I'm deeply sad we did invent the stock market aka shareholders concept, had a 80 year during war with the Spanish and won! Are the homebase of Shell (Second largest company in the world) Invented the CD (Phillips)

According to the recently released annual U.S. Department of Commerce report "Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," The Netherlands was one of the largest investors in the United States in 2010.

More more and more.... Not only good things... We concurred, transported slaves...

Founded New York.. (Nice folklore: Once our queen was on a ticker parade in NY, while driving true the streets, the major of NY started to talk about the surroundings... Our queen answered: "I know, I own the properties "

Remember we are the size of a city! We have F16, (F35 on order ;-( ) , home built submarines, some of the best navy ships today...and more and more..

Nice one: Is it coincidence that our Prince Bernhard was at the Cape in WWII the same time a German Submarine sunk at the American coast? (Intriguing stories! )

Also we are a testing ground for the NWO, in many aspects.

Would there be any interest in an informal informative topic about that? , (In General, i'm not a scholar)

And YES!!! We are that LARGE RED DOT in Europe ;-)

So this little dot did defeat the British! ( remember how you did it Americans? ;-) By the way, we were one of the first to recognize the US as a sovereign nation ! ) We defeated at sea the Spanish, French, Portuguese..

Here is a little map:

Co loured spaces are the places we once ruled (Okay, with brutal force if necessary ;-(.

But do not forget we discovered Australia, Tasmania ( Albert TASMAN), Cape hope (Kaap de goede hoop) and many more... Many of you know Hudson (Bay) but that was just a hired captain on a Dutch voyage!
edit on 15-10-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hey lazy bastards, I don't want flags! I want opinions!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

I think you'll find Prince Bernhard (founder of the Bilderbergers) was ex-Nazi, therefore German and not Dutch, originally.

Again a slight correction. It was called New Amsterdam and then you traded it and it was renamed New York. You got Suriname in return if memory serves.

And you forgot cheese and tulips. And being the tallest people around. No I'm sorry, this is not up to Dutch standard. Would you care to try again?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Hi there!

Feel free to correct and add!

I'm not claiming authority, just want to general inform.

And Yes Bernhard was a German scumbag, but somehow and somewhere along the line he became a DUTCH scumbag we liked ;-)

History is a nice bitch ;-)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Did I mention Van Gogh, Vermeer, Rembrandt,

Don't forget Roosevelt (Yes he guided the Americans once ;-)

Wikipedia:

New Amsterdam (Dutch: Nieuw-Amsterdam) was a 17th-century Dutch colonial settlement that served as the capital of New Netherland. It later became New York City.

Wallstreet: Walstraat
Brooklyn: Breukelen
Harlem: Haarlem
etc..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Put differently... Prins Bernhard

The Lockheed Affair (one million dollar kickback from...you guessed it...Lockheed)

The Indonesia Affair (arranged arms for a sympathetic party in Indonesia apparently)

The Extra Marital Affair (at least 2 extra-marital children)

No, I totally respect the guy. A fine, upstanding citizen and member of the royal family. cough cough.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

hahah you are totally right!

But isn't history in the eye of the beholder?

I'm not gonna defend his mishaps! (By the way, you missed a few! ) They are bad! On the other hand, he had his good moments!

Anyhow/way, this is not about the Prince, it was a sleepless inquiry if there is any interest in a more elaborated topic about an ( as possible ) unbiased topic about the Netherlands .

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Thank you for offering to share. Unlike the others, I have almost no knowledge of the Dutch. Am I correct in thinking that immigration is resulting in challenges to your country? Can you talk about it, and what ideas are being tried to deal with it?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Thank you for offering to share. Unlike the others, I have almost no knowledge of the Dutch. Am I correct in thinking that immigration is resulting in challenges to your country? Can you talk about it, and what ideas are being tried to deal with it?

Ai! Actual politics was not my goal, however i will try to give you a short answer ( pouring another Cognac)

Not only we ( The Dutch), but a lot of western countries are facing the same challenges, how to cope with the mass immigration ( I think the southern borders of the states have a similar "problem" )

But you are right, it is creating problems, political issues, social issues, and civil unrest in a (yet) minor scale,
The stupid thing about it is (IMHO) it is not the individuals of both sides ( rotten apples beside) It is the Media, politics and eventually the System that creates the diversion, which is the root...
Dealing with it is a different matter, either you call out the problems, And yes, that could be ethnic or religious out-calling, but if it is the truth, so be it! And deal with it, or ignore it and put it under the carpet.
We ignored it too much...and slowly we start to recognize it is changing our society, and voices are being yelled. But how eventually the majority will react ( That doenst say anything about how the "democratic" politic are reacting!) is not to tell yet.

We are still a peaceful country (besides helping to bomb too much innocent Afghans) but something is brewing!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

( pouring another Cognac)
Well, you won't be sleepless for long.

I have to admit that I'm not too interested in the politics either. I suspect the EU will have a lot of say over your country's practices.

Let me try a different idea. As I said, I know little about the Dutch. What do you think Americans should learn about? Your arts, sports, architecture, environmental policies? I'm the student, please teach me.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Hehe, I was just kidding (although the answers were true!) and no one else was replying. For what its worth people, they really do eat fries with mayo here. Speaking as a Brit who moved to Holland many years ago its just strange, even after all these years. Its a good place to live though. Hey, I'm here!

Holland 101

Holland is a small country on mainland Europe next to Germany and has a monarchy. It is a democracy, has around 17 million inhabitants and one of the busiest ports in the world (Rotterdam). They are famous for tulips, cheese, biking, skating, weed, prostitution, and one of the densest populations in the western world. People with a good knowledge of water management, farming, business, banking, politics, the whole she-bang. Most citizens speak at least 2 languages (dutch, english) and are friendly and helpful to foreigners. Sausage, kale, shrimp, fish and mussels are high on the menu and I did mention the mayo already didn't I? Hold on to your stomachs folks!

PS I forgot the flatness. Due to glacial activity (so the conspiracy theory goes) Holland is incredibly and being Frank here for a moment, quite boringly flat, its almost depressing. There is no hill, no valley, no dale, just flatness and ditches full of water. Its kinda weird. Stranger in a strange land.

edit on 15/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PS

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Well Charles, with all respect.

New York is thé product, thé example of the original Dutch philosophy, Numerous different cultures living alongside, not necessarily interbreeding, but peacefully living along and respecting as well as accepting and minorly adapting one and each-others way, lifestyle and religion.

However, I'm afraid we ( In Holland) and maybe over there as well (you tell me) are getting further and further away of that path due to religion idiots and political idiots, In the bottom end... The street rules, understand?

Simply: Before Government interference in these subjects there were also problems, but minor compared to when they started to interfere with "bright" pushed ideas and community money.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Grinning!

The fact of the matter is... I lived on one of the few "hills" for a few years! Yess a hill, or should I say.. bump ;-) The Original word is "Stuw-wal" translated something like : Little earth bump created by moving Ice in the ice age.

So here ( Nijmegen, Berg en dal ) and also Utrecht and a little of Limburg do have some hick-ups in the landscape, but otherwise you a right and flat on ! ;-)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Dear EartOccupant,

I think you are accurately describing the United States. At the beginning, we had an idea of what our country was to be. Over time there were changes, but they grew naturally. Many cultures came here and because they generally accepted the idea of what the country was to be, they fit in fairly well.

I believe that we now have our "idiots" who want to change the country unnaturally, by force and by pressure. We have not yet decided whether we want to defend our country as it grew naturally.

I get sad about it because I do not see that we are heading toward a good solution. The political "idiots" see that they can get more power by changing our country, as do the religious "idiots."

I agree that we would have been better off without government orders and controls, they have caused many hard feelings.

I hope you can solve your problems and show us the way to solve ours.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I read (in the online newspaper) that there were "Occupy" protests in Amsterdam, The Hague and Utrecht today. Its getting a bit cold for sleeping outside though, Brrr! Good luck people!
edit on 15/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Here is an except of the oldest multinational the world:

The Dutch East India company. It controlled the market to "the indies" (mostly India, Indonesia and China), exporting European goods, importing far eastern ones as well as many other things such as starting and controlling colonies. It was a hugely powerful organisation - it could coin its own money and even start wars. It had twice as many ships as its closest rival (the Enligh/British East India Company)

"it could coin its own money and even start wars"

Sounds familiar ????????

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Here is a nice example of American dumb ;-) power with Dutch brains! Goalkeeper! A Gatling-gun with Dutch Brains:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Very nice work, Signaal. And that video is over twenty years old! I wonder what you've got now.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
But we are modest, we fly low:

Say hai to the pilot:

To be clear: I hate useless wars!
edit on 16-10-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Don't ask me why, but we do have an army capable of operating allover the world, not the largest by numbers, but remember we are a poststamp size country!:

( Actually I do know why we have that, to protect, defend, and acquire (among a few less known other companies) Royal Dutch Shell resources, But forget! you did not hear that from me! )

top topics

<<   2 >>

join