It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are the Commander in Chief, What choices will YOU make?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If I was in charge I would put a lot of high technology into the public domain so that everyone would have access to develop it. High technology would be things like the quantum access program under Project Pegasus which would severely reduce our need and consumption of oil and gasoline. Under this concept I would also work on the colonization of other planets. I would work on getting the Constitution amended so that the 10th Amendment includes planets rights.
I would encourage the people to have a planet where people choose not to use drugs so that if someone doesn't want to be exposed to cigarette smoke, methamphetamine production, or cannabis smoke they can choose to live there.

I would cease all mind control programs such as Monarch mind controlled slaves which is an upgraded version of MK-Ultra. I would bring to trial the perpetrators of these programs in a televised world court.

I would put the responsibility of coining and printing money back in the hands of the federal government and add a requirement that the money not be fiat but backed by something of value that will be independently annually audited, calculated, and displayed publicly.

I would investigate and search high and low for malfeasance in government both State and Federal and would institute at the Federal level policy to reduce funding for malfeasance found and at the State level I would gently encourage them to follow. Malfeasance would include but would not be limited to things like the recent NYPD detective that admitted to planting drugs on innocent people to meet quotas. With this model the malfeasance should correct itself over time.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
1. Declare a unilateral end to all wars. We didn't lose, we just decided to go home.
2. Turn every home into a Generator.
3. End the Federal Reserve Bank.
4. Put the U.S. back on the Gold Standard.
5. Establish a plan to make all counties in every state self sufficient as far as utilities and food go.
6. Build desalinization plants and irrigate the desert south west via large pipelines.
7. End income taxes and have sales taxes fund the government
8. Legalize Marijuana \ hemp to help fund the government via sales tax
9. Develop new manufacturing market sectors by releasing hidden\secret peaceful technology.
10. Bailout adult U.S. citizens with stimulus checks of $250,000 each to get the economy going again.
11. Smaller Government
12. and many other things.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
No longer relevant.

edit on 15-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Honestly I don't think I would be president long.

I would kick out all illegal aliens and have a shoot on site policy at the border.

I think a lot of the problems today and in the future are due to over population so I would probably implement a two child policy.

I would have us on a single health care plan.

I would abolish all drug laws and implement a system to provide rehab to those who are caught with harsher drugs (meth, coc aine, crack, etc...).

I would start a plan to make us 75% self sufficient/cut imports by 75% (in all goods) increasing at a certain % every year.

I would focus on military strength within our borders and stop dabbling in others affairs.

Although nobody would allow me to take such drastic actions.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I forgot to add that I would avoid the gold standard and have my currency backed by many different things to include radioactive materials, silver, gold, military assets, government buildings, and the like. To tie the currency to just one item makes it more likely to be manipulated in a boom bust cycle.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Its nice to see folks contributing to this, I appreciate the honesty and we really do have some great and free thinkers here on ATS, maybe our country still has a chance if some of you step up and lead us, I will provide you with the protection detail.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
My foreign policy would be very similar to Ron Paul's.I would also like to withdraw from most if not all of the 170 or so military bases around the world that American taxpayers foot the bill for.

One thing I would strive for is the nationalisation of insurance.It is my firm belief that insurance should be run on a non-profit basis with capped salaries for employees. Insurance for profit is a scam. The industry is predicated upon our fears and is quite simply rtipping us off.

In a restaurant a couple of years ago I happened to hear two men at the next table discussing the profit potential of introducing mandatory cyclist's insurance.I don't know if they were people in a position to make such a thing happen, but they were drooling over the concept.As a frequent cyclist, I was horrified at the concept, even if it was relatively cheap.
Insurance needs to be taken out of the hands of the profiteers.Nationalised insurance would have the potential to be a lot cheaper by virtue of the sheer numbers involved in a single program.

Adopt a multi-faceted approach to alternative energy. There is no single "magic bullet" for alternative energy.We need to find as many viable alternatives as possible. We simply cant run ALL cars on ethanol. Nor can they all be electric.This would encourage broader technological competition, rather than the "tunnel vision" tech that has defined the automotive industry for the last century.

I would also make a point of promoting small business which has been massacred (quite deliberately) over the last 10 years.

Abolish federal income tax.States are going bankrupt while the IRS rapes hard working Americans. No man should be taxed on the sweat of his labor.If there is to be an income tax it should only be on those who profit off capital.Usuary is how lazy swine make way more money than they actually EARN.It ultimately leads to the exploitation of honest people.
Any loss of revenue could be offset by tax on goods, which in turn would make consumers think twice before squandering money they don't really have on crap they don't need, imported from junk fountains like China.

Ignore the WTO and free trade.Free trade is anything but.It is a cunning ploy to dispossess Americas 99% of manufacturing jobs and it has worked. There is nothing wrong with economic protectionism.And if it puts us in a trade war with China, good.

Pursue people like Dick cheney et al in a proper witch hunt, and bring them to justice

The problem is that when i go to the Bilderberg meeting preceding my election/inauguration and present these ideas to my bosses on the steering comittee (on which sits WTO founder and Vatican financial advisor Peter Sutherland), I'm not even sure I'd make it out of the hotel alive let alone see out a four year term.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I would choose to have a concealed weapon on me. Then, when I meet the guys who tell the president how it's going to be, I would shoot as many as I could. Then I would let the chips fall where they may.

OK, maybe not, but it sure sounds good in theory.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Mods thank you for moving this thread to its proper place and thanks to all who have been contributing to this thread, ive really put much thought into this topic and the honesty here is incredible so id have to once again say that if i were given control to right the ship, id close the borders down completely and secure them with military and Federal Officers and like one of our members said about shooting on sight, I agree, actions speak louder than words ever could. Our politicians can only serve 4 year terms. Id remove all of our troops from the middle east and Astan. No more Americans on Muslim soil will be our motto but id be very very tough on border security, this is our country, we need to give our citizens jobs and the opportunity to go to school not some illegal who wants out of their own country!.
edit on 10-06-2011 by Blu82 because: spelling error correction

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ok. here is a serious answer. Obviously many, most, or all of these things can not be done unilaterally by the president, but, it's a wish list, so...

These are not necessarily in order of importance.

I would burn the Patriot Act on the front lawn of the White House, then I would imprison the authors and signers as traitors.

I would close all overseas military bases.

I would consider any business that has more than 1/2 of its employees overseas to be a foreign company, and charge them the appropriate tariffs.

I would tell all foreign trading partners that they no longer get favorable terms vs US companies.

I would ban imports from countries that have known human rights abuse issues.

I would tax the wealthy commensurate with their wealth.

I would disband all medical insurance companies and take the savings to create free healthcare for everybody

I would replace the Supreme Court with people who have read the Constitution.

I would end the lobby system.

I would end political contributions of any kind. You get a certain amount of public funds for your campaign, that's it.

I would put us back on the gold standard.

I would put term limts in place for congress.

I would make it illegal to go from a government job into a complementary job in the private sector. Probably put a time limit on this one, somewhere between 2 and 5 years.

I would make sure that American drug manufacturers sell their drugs to Americans for less than anybody else. If you want to favor Canada, fine. Move there. Don't let the door hit ya...

I would end the death penalty.

I would make a law that ex-military people can not be police.

I would heavily invest in alternative/clean fuel technologies.

I would try to build relationships with other countries, but I would also build a wall on the Mexico border.

I would definitely end the federal reserve/central banking scam.

Man, there are so many things I would like to do, I think I could sit here all day.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
Ok. here is a serious answer. Obviously many, most, or all of these things can not be done unilaterally by the president, but, it's a wish list, so...

These are not necessarily in order of importance.

I would burn the Patriot Act on the front lawn of the White House, then I would imprison the authors and signers as traitors.

I would close all overseas military bases.

I would consider any business that has more than 1/2 of its employees overseas to be a foreign company, and charge them the appropriate tariffs.

I would tell all foreign trading partners that they no longer get favorable terms vs US companies.

I would ban imports from countries that have known human rights abuse issues.

I would tax the wealthy commensurate with their wealth.

I would disband all medical insurance companies and take the savings to create free healthcare for everybody

I would replace the Supreme Court with people who have read the Constitution.

I would end the lobby system.

I would end political contributions of any kind. You get a certain amount of public funds for your campaign, that's it.

I would put us back on the gold standard.

I would put term limts in place for congress.

I would make it illegal to go from a government job into a complementary job in the private sector. Probably put a time limit on this one, somewhere between 2 and 5 years.

I would make sure that American drug manufacturers sell their drugs to Americans for less than anybody else. If you want to favor Canada, fine. Move there. Don't let the door hit ya...

I would end the death penalty.

I would make a law that ex-military people can not be police.

I would heavily invest in alternative/clean fuel technologies.

I would try to build relationships with other countries, but I would also build a wall on the Mexico border.

I would definitely end the federal reserve/central banking scam.

Man, there are so many things I would like to do, I think I could sit here all day.

Star for you, Thanks for taking the time to contribute, if we can see these issues why cant THEY?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blu82

In the area of foreign policy, yes I would get out of Iraq, would not have gone in there to begin with, but the current President and all who came before him and will come after have to deal with "the real world, and not a wish list" I honestly would not want to have such power, of life and death over whole nations or peoples. Christ, I'm not that wise. I am by nature very much into the idea, in speaking of Defense, "You leave me alone, I leave you alone. Sound fair? I hope so because as God as my witness I would do whatever I had to to protect my own people. And while many of my ideas are distinctly Libertarian, the isolationist streak (it didn't work in the 1930's people, you think it can now?) is woefully short-sighted and dangerous. We live in a world more then just joined at the hip. So deal with it.

As for economics, I am a firm believer of free enterprise and the progressive ideas as embodied by Teddy Roosevelt. Things like absolute control over whole sections of the economy, now done much more insidiously, but still as wrong now as it was at the start of the 20th century. Free enterprise, and being a business man my self I believe the private generation of wealth is both logical, and proper. However... The idea that a company can do anything it wants, as the gas industry was given a "pass" by the EPA under the last Bush or was it the "Cheney administration", to allow natural gas fracking free and clear of all EPA regulations concerning water quality. The people who voted for this, you guys on drugs or something at the time? Lost your mind? No, there are things NO one/or more company or person has the right to do and this is but one example. Common sense seems so often, not so common. As for trade, we can't manufacture things based on models used in places like China or India, or a lot of places. For one thing we need to pay people a reasonable and decent wage. With out developing more on advanced ways of "making widgets", which we can, we won't see us as the great manufacture nation we were in the past.

In any nation it's greatness and power stems ultimately not from the size of its military, how advanced that is (both are important however) nor even the raw materials and vast natural resources of which America is truly blessed. But in the potential of each and every own of our citizens. Given the best education we can and must design business models to use the current capacity of our people. Lets face it. Basic trade skills are very hot now, and in short supply. Organizing education to teach science, technology, and history as part of the overall curriculum would go a long way. Our general knowledge in these areas is pathetic, and that is a fundamental threat to our national security. Our economy is only as good as what people know and can it be applied in a way to do something constructive? By constructive, I don't mean move money around, or create personal wealth by smoke and mirrors, but by designing things, coming up with ideas and translating that into "stuff, tangible stuff"

As far as the current President, I don't agree with all his policies by any stretch but admire his intelligence. Yeah I think having a brain is really important as President. Some of a lot actually of the current crop of contenders seem to admire a lack of scientific awareness as a badge of something. What I consider it to be I can't print here. Thats just for starters.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

I guess to ad a few things that are pretty basic to what I think a government can and should do:

1. I would end the death penalty, thats a no brainer. The innocence projects have discovered numerous people on death row are there frankly because of s**** public defenders, or just plain idiot lawyers people paid for (?!) As to what and how you deal with crime, its a complicated issue and I'll start an OP on the subject to address a few things more adequately
2. Simplify the tax code, as close to a flat tax but with a bit of a twist. Make it pay for small and medium business to hire people and invest in capital equipment, make improvements in the company, and offer a good wage, benefits, and create the climate for business to spend, hire, and improve things that help the economy. An absolute "libertarian tax code" won't be adequate to the task, but we must keep it as simple as possible. Stop enriching those who translate one form of English , you know "real-speak", the way normal people talk, and all those who have to hire lawyers and damn near linguists to decode what should not be so complicated. I don't mean to put accounts and lawyers out of a job, just seems their talents can used more constructively then as "translators of common speak".

3. Since "Obama Care is so hated by so many, and I can see the argument it's inappropriate to "force" people to pay for medical coverage, from a constitutional point of view, please then answer this: With out said coverage just who does pay for those with out the money themselves, parents to soak off from, OR one of the big problems we have in this (U.S.) is most people get their insurance through their employers. That is a huge business expense. How about all aspects of patient care that is covered by a government mandate is done so under the auspices of a non-profit entity. As many medical providers have associations with universities and also conduct private research, that is often really expensive.. I don't want to discourage but ENCOURAGE such creative, constructive things. But the basic concept of "picking you off the street, taking you to the ER", as well as general non-OMYGOD care, should not be profit driven. This ain't brain surgery, separation or compartmentation of medical activity in treatment, can exist in a separate manner from R&D as well as MD/Nurse/Tech, etc education.

Also the need to reduce the risk of new drug development, as well as maintaining a secure, high quality supply of necessary drugs, something we have seen as a problem recently. If a company is going do discontinue the manufacture of any drug as many have, they must notify the FDA. Manufacturing meds is for the most part a private endeavor as it should be. But when people depend on something for their very lives, as is the case with certain chemo-theraputic drugs and then "BOOM"! they're gone, that won't wash, not with me. Keep in the good graces of the public by keeping the FDA aware of your intentions, or consider another business. This ones just to important.

4. Reorganize how we classify information, and keep a much better handle on who in the private sector acting as agents of the Federal or State governments in particular in areas of security, are regulated and monitored. Some of the yahoos running around with TS/SCI/SCA level clearances I worry about. This ain't a game for "rent-a-spooks. The idea that more documents exist in the U.S. government that are classified in some way as to security access, or dissemination, then all other documents combined (yeah including the dreaded tax code) is just nuts. We can streamline this and make and keep secret what should be. Open Government should and needs to exist, but not so open in those truly sensitive areas we slit our own throats.

We all love being armchair "Grand Pubar's" No harm in exchanging ideas and this is is a nice and for the most part inoffensive way to do it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I see our current CinC has made a decision to get our people out of Iraq, Ive been blowing up his Twitter account as of late, lets hope this happens, not like in 2009

top topics

<< 1   >>

join