It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadam & sons DEAD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It was just on the news. They all may have been killed when they dropped four 2,ooo lb bunker buster's on their compound.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
"MAY" have been killed. that # ain't official.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
lol! this board automatically changes certain words you try to post? lmao...hilarious cool board lol

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It sounds familiar...but there are quite a few "breaking news" items on a "leadership strike" (whatever that might be).

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I had a long conversation with a coworker on this today.

Is Saddam and co likely dead? IMHO, yes. I think they were killed, or at least very seriously injured during the initial airstrike.

(By the way they read a transcript on NPR this morning, reportedly a narrative from the actual SpecOp Team leader that illuminated the top of the leadership bunker with a laser designator for the strike, after visually observing Saddam and at least one son enter the facility. I cant find that transcript anywhere, if anyone knows where to find it, please let me know).

When you consider that since that strike, there has been no truly credible appearances of Saddam (some very bad body doubles, and some tapes truly of him, but likely taped earlier, and having no corroborating evidence that they were recent), it certainly looks like he is no longer with us.

Can we prove he is dead? Unless we find his body and confirm it through DNA testing, it wouldnt surprise me if Saddam exists the world in the midst of the same mystery as that of Hitler. (maybe that says something about his regime?)

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The U.S.-led coalition bombed a Baghdad commercial block yesterday after receiving a tip that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein was there, Bill Gertz and Rowan Scarborough are reporting for the WASHINGTON TIMES.

A U.S. military official tells the TIMES that the allies bombed the al Saa restaurant block at 3 p.m. Baghdad time yesterday on information from a 'sensitive intelligence source.'

The source said that Saddam and senior Ba'ath Party leaders were meeting with 30 intelligence officials in a facility behind or beneath the restaurant. MORE///

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
When I was watching the news a few weeks ago, (I don't remember which station), they were showing a huge 3D map of a bunker that some German company had built for Hussein's immediate family, and his closest and most trusted people in his administration. So, he might be hiding in the bunker.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That is one of several bunkers that the German company built (seem to remember there being at least 11 of them).

Rest assured we have hit each one at least once.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I thought the bunkers were built to withstand bunker bombs. Sudam huisane dose not seem like the type of person that would show himself to people he couldnt trust. Why would he reveal himself, it would almost be like commiting suicide. He has 5 look alikes, he trys to be as safe as possible.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Iraqi officials claim Saddam left the country already.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Dragonrider do you take any notice of the Iraqi press statements?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I hope they got him and if they got one of his doubles, well, what an aweful job being a Saddam-double turned out to be.

Though, I think I read an article on UPI earlier that said Saddam was on his way to Syria, or something along those lines. who knows though.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

This afternoon, a U.S. warplane bombed a building in downtown Baghdad where Hussein and his two sons were believed to be meeting with other senior Iraqi leaders, U.S. officials said. One senior U.S. official said the administration was "moderately hopeful" that the Iraqi president was killed. But another source voiced greater caution.

"There was some credible intelligence that there were senior people there," one said. But, he added, "we don't know if Saddam Hussein was there."

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
They reported that Saddam Hussein, his sons and top supporters fled to Syria and were hold up in the Mediterranean coastal town of Latakiya called Cote d�Azur De Cham Resort.

Given the way the Iraqi army has fallen apart and the seeming lack of coherant leadership, it would appear that Saddam is not in direct control of things. If he has been foolish enough to remain in Baghdad, he may well be dead or dying from air strikes.

Whether he's still alive or not, he comes across as a coward to me, for hiding or running in the first place.

Debkafile Link

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If saddam and his sons were really dead, we would see an Iraki military " coup d'�tat ". OTH, we've just heard that news on NBC.Not on CNN or the others media. And Rumsfeld sayed that he wasn't sure of anything. We still have to wait.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Until we have seen the retched corpse/s of saddam and his spawn I nor a few others will believe in his death(maybe not then). Remember he does have doubles, and he has been at this for at least twelve years. He may have gotten careless and slipped up, but that don't make sence for a dictator who was orginally put in power by those who mean to remove him from it. Either way saddam will be gone, his influence apart of history. Who's going to replace him? Most likely his sons who happen to be even more terrible that saddam. They too must be removed...heck lets just convert the place to a international waste facility, at least all the garbage will be in one place.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"When I was watching the news a few weeks ago, (I don't remember which station), they were showing a huge 3D map of a bunker that some German company had built for Hussein's immediate family, and his closest and most trusted people in his administration. So, he might be hiding in the bunker"

Yes, that's true....however, on the first night of this war, this bunker was hit by 42 cruise missiles...more than double what was needed to penetrate the bunker....
I'm of the opinion he was either killed in the first attack or seriously wounded. So, either this "source" is reporting a meeting with a double, or a patched up Saddam. Either way, lets hope he's resting in pieces right now....

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It makes little difference if its a look-a-like or the real thing. Everytime someone that ugly sticks their head up over there, we're going to send him a care package!

top topics

join