It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BEST weapon ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What is the best all purpose weapon for any scenario that you can carry with you always?
A: Your brain.

Your brain is a fantastic weapon.
It can carry everything you need to know to survive any situation.
If you find yourself stranded, naked, without supplies, your brain will be there to help you improvise, scavenge, and adapt.

Guns can jam and run out of ammunition. Knives, swords, or other melee weapons can get lost, or be taken away.
Your food supplies can be stolen, and your shelter compromised or taken over.
You still have your brain.

You can use your brain to get more weapons, or even make them.
You can use your brain to remain hidden from hostile forces while formulating a plan of egress to safer climes.
You can use your brain to identify all the things that don't come pre-packaged at a grocery store, the things that grow wild that can sustain you just as well as any MRE, but are readily available everywhere, if you've trained your brain with the knowdege to know how to find it.

Your brain is a beautiful, compact, highly adaptable survival tool and weapon.
It's the best weapon you have, and no matter how many guns you have, they're pretty worthless without the brains and strategies to know when and where their most effective strategic use can be employed with least risk.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
not many have anything like that sort of a brain, or ever will have. Even the Greeks, back in the day, when all men were trained as soldiers, admitted that only 1 in 100 was a true warrior. Today, it's a lot closer to 1 in a million.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

yeah the brain is good, sometimes overthinking things could make you hesitant or paranoid so even though its the most useful tool you have it can also be the thing to get you killed.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
(brain) It is what separates us from the animals ( that and "opposible thumbs") Its how we got his far without "claws and fangs". We build them...they are called guns/ knives/ improvised and engineered wapons of all flavors, germs, nuetrons, flame, No argument.better to use it and not be in the county when trouble arrives...

edit on 12-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by requirement

The very best warriors, regardless of actual physical martial skill, don't have to fight. If a SHTF scenario happens, I'm pretty certain an asymmetrical approach to any kind of hostility, whatever that might be, will be key.

Just like swords and armor tactics didn't stand up to ball and powder, nor formation firing as strategies developed, conventional modern tactics for confrontation will likely also be outdated.
Avoidance and asymmetrical tactics with emphasis on awareness and adaptation will most likely be key.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I know your serious, and someone like yourself you are most likely to be correct.

BUT,

Go to Wal-Mart, take a look around and then tell me how many you see that have the brain to survive. Stand in the parking lot and count how many can’t even find their car.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Spot on Thread my friend, the Brain is the most versatile and useful weapon there is, but you need to train it and condition it for it to be useful.

Although as it says in my sig always remember that "your knife is your life" and should be kept in a place where you will not lose it, you should take of your knife more than your brain. (your brain doesnt rust, but can snap under extreme pressure
)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Cool, use your brain and hit my baseball bat.
After your done just prepare for a situation where you will need a real weapon.
Not every one is MacGuyver and will know how to use a banana skin as a knife.
If you fail to prepare you prepare to fail.
It's a nice idea in theory, but we know what happens to theory on game day.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its settled then.

Whoever lives closest to the OP should drive him 20 miles into the wilderness in jogging shorts and a t shirt, and Monday he can log in here and give a follow up report?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
"A thousand victories in a thousand battles is not the acme of skill. Conquering your foe without ever setting food on the battlefield---this is the acme of skill"

The Art of War.: III. 2.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

But first you have to learn how to use it!

I hear tell of an even better weapon than the mind: You.

You are capable of completely perceiving and controlling your environment in a sphere that extends around you in all directions with a radius proportional to your ability to intentionally create energy.

But like your mind: You need training and practice to attain that level of ability.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Unless of course, someone compromises your brain by hitting you in the head.

That would be unfortunate.

top topics

join