It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Text Messaging Acronyms - 154

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just had a friend of mine ask what "154" means in text messaging slang. The message said, "I can't wait to 154 with you again". It was on his daughter's phone. Any insight into this message would be great. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Could mean TSA in leetspeek
1=t
5=s
4=a

And in new age lingo TSA can refer to molest/fondal...etc

Type in TSA into urban dictionary and you will find more.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Vardoger because: more info.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

The consensus from everyone I have asked on skype is that 154 doesn't mean anything. So maybe it's in their own private language or something

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thank you both. I'll let him know.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I added more to my previous post, but you posted as i edited it so I want
to make sure you see it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Ahh, no. "Leetspeek" or 1337 SP34k doesn't use numbers in such a manner, this is a new phenomena based on the fact that parents are learning this language.

LOL and such are TXT speak as they are replacing entire phrases, where leetspeek replaces specific letters with numbers that kinda resemble them. You can thank the IRC days for this nonsense.

I'm gonna be guessing that i'm too old to know what 154 means, or it's something specific to those people.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
1=t
5=s
4=a

And in new age lingo TSA can refer to molest/fondal...etc

Type in TSA into urban dictionary and you will find more.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Vardoger because: more info.

I hope not, because her dad is gonna blow a sprocket out of his head if it is (Yes, he's reading this. Hey dude!!!!).

Thanks for clarifying that. I was thinking TSA as in the TSA, but I guess since they like to fondle people, I can see where that could come from.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

ABC, JKL, GHI are the associated letter keys (I was thinking that maybe the kid accidentally had the num lock on instead, while he was texting).

But, I don't see any obvious text shorthand to make of those letters.

It could just be "text", as in he can't wait to text with her again. 154 is the character limit for many text messages. That's my best guess for the meaning.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It is a police code for sex with a minor.

2nd

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

2nd

dude, if thats true then ignore this post but if you are just being a dick because its on his daughter's phone get a life man! what if this was your daughter and now you have to think about that static!

i think the if the father is checking her texts he suspects something is up..... instead of guessing what is going on maybe he should just sit down with her and ask her what it means.... parents should be able to talk with their kids instead of having mistrust.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

2nd

Considering I was an Explorer for 4 years in high school, and have a great rapport with my local law enforcement and several close friends who are cops, I can, without a doubt say that this is a B.S. claim. It's just a trolling attempt. Besides, the kid in question is over 18. Oops, right?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
my immediate reaction was that it was a mis-type. kind of like an un-funny damnyouautocorrect.com mistake.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
have no idea, but these people seem to understand it www.urbandictionary.com...

top topics

join