It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossil of 135million-year-old predator dinosaur related to vicious meat-eater discovered completely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
T-Rex of the Deep: Fossil of 135million-year-old predator dinosaur related to vicious meat-eater discovered completely INTACT

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I really hope, this has not been posted before. Just found a highly interesting article about something very cool they found in my neck of the woods:

The 'best ever' remains of a predator dinosaur have been unearthed in Germany with 98 per cent of its skeleton intact. The discovery of the dinosaur, nicknamed Otto by paleontologists in Bavaria, is being hailed as a sensation, and the German government has already decreed it cannot leave the country.

The Theropod - 'beast-footed' - dinosaur is of the same family as the T-Rex but the individual found in Kelheim has not yet been categorised.

Source
edit on 12-10-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Otto looks kind of happy. I like discoveries like this.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: typo.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

[color=dodgerblue]He does look happy (:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

Otto is 28 inches long and a juvenile. Hair and traces of skin have also been found on the skeleton.

So is Otto 2 feet 4 inches from head to tail?

So what part of Otto does the above uncovering represent.
It looks like a section of tail, but appears to be way out of proportion with the reported 28 inch
complete body length. I suppose that it could be the lower jaw but again it would appear to be
out of proportion with the reported juvenile creature length!

top topics

join