It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Romney envision a century of war for the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We have been at war for nearly half a century give or take. When I read this about Romney saying that we need to make this America's century and expand our presence every place and dominate the globe or someone else will I wonder.

news.antiwar.com...

We have gone into huge debt and still this wannabee warmonger in chief who have never served in the military wants us to dominate the globe for another century. I wish I could drag him and all of his sons to the front lines and let them walk point for the rest of that century of war he envisions. What a creep.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Why are they focusing on Romney?
ALL of the republicans envision a century of war for the US. They practically say it themselves. They don't mention the word "century," BUT they make it perfectly obvious that they want to invade Iran, and expand the war of terror...
I don't know how anyone can support any of the candidates, besides Ron Paul(but I don't consider him a republican) of course.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Is the sky blue? Is water wet?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

ALL in all caps. Really ALL republicans? Are you forgetting perhaps one ideologically consistent anti-war anti-big government Republican congressman from Texas who is running for POTUS?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Slow down and read please they clearly said they don't count Ron Paul as a Republican. But to answer your question yes Romney plans to take us to war again. Just the fact he is associating with the same people Bush had that lead us to war says that much about him.
edit on 11-10-2011 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

The way the post had the sentence run together with the punctuation I did not see that part. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah this war mongerer is leading the polls right now. The state of politics in this country really stresses me out....how can anybody support not only continuing these wars, but actually expanding our military?

:shk:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How are they going to pay for all these wars?

Get ready for the unfair tax America! Bye bye middle class.
edit on 11-10-2011 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
In the empire of the city America is primarly the military arm. Of course there was and will be plenty of war for America.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

I got to tell you that as an X combat arms vet soldier in one of America's recent imperial occupations I have zero faith and zero interest in the goals of American empire in the 21st century. These non military armchair generals can piss up a rope as far as I am concerned. I am not interested in sacrificing my life, liberty, and property to these warmonger pinheads. They can all just walk point in front of our men until they have no sons left to give their country.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Republicans are smart enough to see the world that we live in and know how to respond. The people who do not see the problems and do not respond to them cannot lead america to success. We live in an increasingly combative world. Where this comes from, everyone has an opinion. Some say it's overpopulation, some say it's religion, others point to technology, a couple point out that global warming is increasing tensions, and yet others refer to something else. The end result is, we're a world at war. Sometimes it's in small pockets, sometimes the whole planet is engulfed in one. The republicans understand this and know how to lead our country so it survives. I dread to imagine what the left could do to this country in the next 100 years.

And yes I hope Romney wins. He's got a lot of other strong points about him, not just this.
edit on 11-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oops, doublt post.
edit on 11-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I am not sure which one of these duplicate post to respond to so I will pick the first. Republicans unless they are Ron Paul are going to lead the Us into another century of war. If you are not one of the fighters then you have no idea what this means. Romney is a puppet. He has no military experience so he should just STFU on this one.. He is as clueless as Mr National Guard pilot during Vietnam GW Bush. That cheerleader in chief for the military industrial complex should be brought to trial in the Hague for war crimes. I am tired of these people we need a leader in peace like Ron Paul.

top topics

join