It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government to introduce new £170 death tax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Unbelievable. They say the only things certain in life are Death and taxes, now the U.K Government are combing the two. Nice one Dave.

Death is going to get more expensive - by about £170. Whether you are burnt or buried when you go, the government is planning to grab an extra £170 from your estate via a new death tax. It claims the tax is needed because they want to improve the accuracy of death statistics.

So in order to improve the accuracy of death statistics, they are now asking families of the deceased to pay £170 before they are going to allow them to bury or creamate their loved ones. Whatever happened to registering the Death with the local registry office, can they not be trusted anymore?

But apparently if it is a coroner related death (I'm guessing it doesn't mean the coroner murdering you) , then the £170 is waived.

I must admit I did have to check the date when I first read this, but yes we are in October.

Next stop, the air that you breath.

Stop the world, I want to get off!!

Link:- money.aol.co.uk...
edit on 11/10/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They're already taxing the air that you breathe...it's called a carbon tax.

But, seriously, they need 170 pounds from everybody just for statistical purposes?

Wonder what happens if you don't have the money for that tax?

...Probably a 170 pound fine.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sounds about right for Dodgy Dave.. Up next will be a window tax to save the nation (sarcasm)

Tho if he is super smart he might remember what happens to the establishment when it turns greedy and creates too many taxes, the phrase "in the name of god, go" springs to mind.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yeah, what are they going to do? Bring you back to life?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I can improve death statistics for them for free, you know how???

"Hello, how did this person die and when?"

BINGO!

The UK government, putting the laugh in laughingstock!
edit on 11/10/2011 by ThorsBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Its interesting that you said "next the air we breathe" My boyfriends dad is so fed up with taxes that he believes soon enough they will figure out the average amount of carbon a person puts out in their lifetime and tax us on that as well! Its outrageous.

new topics

top topics

join