It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We The People".....Defining moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I’m more than a little embarrassed to admit that I voted for Barack Obama. I ignored the conservative pundits who warned us and bought into the whole “Hope and Change” concept. I suspect there are many, many more folks out there like me. Before you turn away thinking this is an anti-Obama rant, please read a little further. It’s not about that at all. It’s about where we are as a people in the history of the US and what our future holds. It’s about a defining moment in our nation’s history. History will prove that our leaders, through greed and apathy, nearly destroyed this nation. We have perhaps one last grasp chance to stop it.

There have been other defining moments in US history – The Civil War, Civil Rights, Our entry in WWI and WW2, etc. All of these involved people willing to risk life and liberty to change the status quo. We are again at one of those cross roads – an the status quo doesn’t go without a fight. This is STILL a democracy and we STILL have a chance to act against all odds to take it back.

It's hard to blame to folks who voted for Obama. You see the 2008 election was decided by a large group of disenfranchised people. Before the 99%, the 53%, the Tea Party and the OWSers there were the disenfranchised that decided the 2008 election. They were Democrats, Republicans and Independents clinging to a message from Obama that things would be different, that economic prosperity would be returned and that the reach of government and corporations would be checked. Unfortunately it was Obama who got changed by Washington instead of vice versa.

We have the greatest form of government and economy the world has ever known. The reason for people’s disenfranchisement is that since the 70s we have been betrayed by the leaders of this great country in both parties and in both the government and corporations. Regardless of who is in the White House the US Congress games the system by using the power of the federal government to reward or punish according to its whims. TPTB and the MSM control everything and are handsomely rewarded for their troubles.

The Tea Party and the OWSers are the same folks as the disenfranchised in 2008 that elected Barack Obama but TPTB got a scare when a large segment of Congress was voted out in the 2010 congressional races. They understood that is a threat to their hold on power and are willing to do anything to keep a repeat from happening in 2012.

My message to the Tea Party crowd and the OWSers is simple – UNITE. WE are the same disenfranchised, disillusioned folks that changed the status quo in 2008 and 2010. Within these movements there are those infiltrators who are trying to shape the message to create TWO distinct and separate factions. DON’T FALL FOR IT!

If divided we fall into the same old status quo - Republican v. Democrat, Conservative v. Liberal, White Collar v. Blue Collar, Main St. v. Wall St.

DIVIDED WE ARE NO THREAT TO THE ESTABLISHMENT.

UNITED – WE CAN FINISH WHAT WAS STARTED IN 2008 & 2010 AND PERMANENTLY CHANGE THE LEADERSHIP IN WASHINGTON.

Can WE all agree the government spends our tax dollars in a reckless and wasteful fashion?

Can WE all agree that continued borrowing will eventually lead to economic collapse?

Can WE all agree the government represents corporate interests over citizen interests?

Can WE all agree that Big Banks and Corporations are creating and perpetuating inequities in our society?

Can WE all agree that Wall Street needs a leash to prevent it from preying on weak minded or weak willed government fools that allow it to run roughshod over regulator controls?

WE are OWS
WE are THE TEA PARTY
WE are ALL DISENFRANCHISED
WE are THE 99%
WE are THE 53%
WE REFUSE to be FRACTURED OR MARGINALIZED BY DIVISION

OUR MESSAGE IS CLEAR, WE ARE UNITED…..

OUR LEADERS WILL HEAR US, WE WILL AFFECT CHANGE….

THIS IS A CALL TO THE TEA PARTY AND OWS TO UNITE
CONVERGE ON WASHINGTON, DC
TAKE THE NEXT STEP AND ORGANIZE A NATION WIDE STRIKE

WE THE PEOPLE,
AS IT WAS INTENDED,
AS IT WAS DESIGNED,
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Good post and need to have more people willing to get involved with the process. I would like you to add -dis-mantle the Federal Reserve - to things we must unite against. Your post states something about being sold out in the 70's, it started really about 100 years ago! United we Stand Divided we fall!

join