It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cat nap question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Sometimes when I feel depressed I will try to take a very light nap for a few minutes. I don't usually fall asleep, but I breath regularly and try not to think.

Anyway, I always feel like I'm napping somewhere else. I might be laying on my back but I think I'm slumped over at my desk in a different room. Then I feel startled when I come out of that state and realize I'm not where I thought I was and it isn't the day or time of day I thought it was.

One time I actually thought I was another person on a different planet. I was walking up a hill with a fog of sunshine all around me. I was very startled after that because I couldn't even remember who I was for a few seconds.

Just curious if that is anything paranormal.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Nice!

My one piece of advice would be to hear advice from others, but make your own decision in the end. This includes the advice I've just given

My personal opinion is this indicates something of a paranormal component in your life. Certainly I feel you're likely to gain more from it by being open to any possibilities & observing the qualities of the phenomena, though eagerness to attach meaning may lead to overlooking something important.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! What made you feel like you were on another planet?
edit on 11-10-2011 by naghammadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Interesting. One explanation off the top of my head is that perhaps you are just dropping into the hypnagogic state during these naps and not actually going all the way under. All sorts of random thoughts, ideas, and images can enter your mind in that state.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by naghammadi
reply to post by cloudyday

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! What made you feel like you were on another planet?
edit on 11-10-2011 by naghammadi because: (no reason given)

I don't know why I felt it was another planet other than it was ambient soft sunshine everywhere - like the grass and air was yellowish. The other human-like person seemed to be better than me (better adjusted and nobler), so I felt really disappointed to snap-out of it into my own life.

new topics

top topics

join