It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosicrucians & The Widow's Son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther
So this, in effect, and at least according to the Rosicrucians, connects Hiram with Cain, even through allegory, is that correct? I'd like to get some feedback from the Masons here before I get any further into this line of thinking, in case it is erroneous.

First, allow me to point out that it isn't completely correct to say, "According to the Rosicrucians..." in this context. There are many organizations who have a presence on the Internet that claim to be "Rosicrucians". Most are pretenders.

The authentic Rosicrucian documents are the Fama and Confessio. Neither of these documents allude to any of the subject matter described on the website you linked. It appears to me to be much more neo-Gnostic rather than Rosicrucian, even though they have assumed the Rosicrucian label.
There is not the slightest hint in Holy Writ that would confirm the rather bizarre doctrines inculcated by them.

It is much more likely that the symbolism of the Widow's Son was drawn from Egyptian Mysteries, rather than the Israelite Mysteries. Horus was a Widow's Son; Isis had lost her husband through the treachery of Typhon, and gave birth to Horus as a Widow.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
[Originally posted by ML Horus was a Widow's Son; Isis had lost her husband through the treachery of Typhon, and gave birth to Horus as a Widow.

Fiat Lvx.

Greetings ML, did Isis, Typhon and Horus ever exist, are are they ficticious storys made up as the Bible has been probably dreamed up by some witty mind?

[edit on 31-8-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe

Greetings ML, did Isis, Typhon and Horus ever exist, are are they ficticious storys made up as the Bible has been probably dreamed up by some witty mind?

It is possible that some of these myths were originally based on real people, but the myths eventually became mightier than the facts.

Both Horus and Osiris were representatives of the Sun; Isis was the earth, and Typhon represented the destroying principle in Nature. The Egyptians saw the Sun and Earth as being a married couple, with the Sun fertilizing his wife in the spring, giving birth to Nature (this myth cycle was of supreme importance in an agricultural society such as ancient Egypt). When winter came round, the Sun was perceived to have lost its generative powers, and the crops died. The death of her husband caused Isis to retreat into mourning; thus the reason why the earth turns cold and darkness falls early in the winter months.

At the advent of spring, she perpetually gives birth to Horus, who is Osiris reborn. Each year in spring, Horus reconquers Typhon and reclaims his throne, becoming Osiris. The cycle is repeated each year, which explained to them the principles of nature.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Hey, Masonic Light. Will you give us that link for that Masonic Rosicrucian group again?

Certainly.

www.yorkrite.com...

I also recommend the website of the California College:

www.sricf-ca.org...

top topics

join