It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few Questions about Elenin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
After reading a lot of content here about the comet, I have a few questions.
So the comet was made of ice dirt and small rocks right..?
So If the sun broke the comet up melted the ice and broke it all up in to well water and mud, to me it means its still there in another form traversing in space still.

So the forces that broke the comet up could it have had a impact on the comets trajectory also..?
Surly if it was effected by our sun and was broken in to many pieces surly the same forces could put the comet on a newer trajectory.

Now hypothetically what if the Water the comet is made of, hits Earth. How much of that volume of water would hit the surface of the earth.? And what "IF" the water carried microscopic life that thrives here on earth grows in to something unlike anything we humans have ever seen. Are we as humans even thinking this could happen..?

Does anyone know where the mud comet is right now..? in any form..?

To the guys in the "know how " Exactly what atomic state is the comet in as we speak..?

Ether way just a few questions.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The zombie thread that never dies.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

Water traveling in space? um OP.....

and even if this water in space somehow entered our atmosphere, how in the hell would it not evaporate?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There were no "forces" which broke the comet up. As it approached the Sun its volatile components vaporized. Those components were the "glue" which held the comet together.

The vaporized material (water, CO2, perhaps methane and others) would be blown away from the Sun with the solar wind.

Water would not ever exist in liquid form on or in a comet. It could only be in the form of ice. The ice would sublimate (turn directly to water vapor) as it was warmed by the Sun.

Any larger fragments which may remain (rocks, possibly even boulder sized) would follow the original orbit of the comet and come nowhere near Earth. There is no mud.

This has all been covered.
edit on 10/9/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024

No, comets are made of blue powder, which is used most often to clean toilets.

So If the sun broke the comet up melted the ice and broke it all up in to well water and mud, to me it means its still there in another form traversing in space still.

So the forces that broke the comet up could it have had a impact on the comets trajectory also..?

Yep. It was heading for us before, but now it's REALLY heading for us.

Surly if it was effected by our sun and was broken in to many pieces surly the same forces could put the comet on a newer trajectory.

And it's heading straight for your house.

Now hypothetically what if the Water the comet is made of, hits Earth. How much of that volume of water would hit the surface of the earth.?

4 words: eternal wet T-shirt contests.

And what "IF" the water carried microscopic life that thrives here on earth grows in to something unlike anything we humans have ever seen. Are we as humans even thinking this could happen..?

Obviously. You're human, right?

It should be here soon. Rob Zombie needs it for his Blob remake.

To the guys in the "know how " Exactly what atomic state is the comet in as we speak..?

Illinois.

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Now hypothetically what if the Water the comet is made of, hits Earth. How much of that volume of water would hit the surface of the earth.? And what "IF" the water carried microscopic life that thrives here on earth grows in to something unlike anything we humans have ever seen. Are we as humans even thinking this could happen..?

Ether way just a few questions.

At the vacuum pressure of space, the water that becomes liquid quickly sublimates out into molecular vapor, so it wouldn't exactly be mud. Also the ice is made from more than water. It is also made of stuff that is gaseous at normal Earth temperatures. These substances would also sublimate when thawed.

The solid matter of the comet would have continued on the same course as the original comet. It requires the application of an additional force to instigate a change in momentum. It is true that the water melting and being converted to vapor would have dispersed the solid parts of the comet slightly, but at very low velocity. This would "fuzz out" the comet, but would not change the trajectory of the sum of the mass.

At its closest pass the comet was coming no closer to the Earth than 21 Million miles. Such is still the case.

The comet bits are now following the path originally plotted earlier this year.

Any life form carried in the ice would have to be able to survive dessication by exposure to space.

It is theorized that life was originally rained on the Earth in such a manner as you describe (and it may still be happening). This theory is called Panspermia and if you wish to find out more, just put the word into a search.

Of course, if Panspermia is as pervasive as theorised, then it is unlikely that the life forms carried would be significantly different than what we have already seen.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

If the water was able to make it into our atmosphere, I don't think it would do much more than rain, it would be quite spread out over a large area, but I don't think that's even possible.

Microscopic life, who knows? Maybe that's how life began here in the first place. Extremeophiles (sp?) of some sort could maybe come down and we could all turn into pod people
I think they'd need a piece of a meteorite to cling to, but I don't know, maybe it's already happened with some of the meteorites that have made it through to earth, and we just don't know it yet.

I think people have thought about this before, it's the stuff movies are made from, like "The Thing" for example...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you for helping me see the light! But it was so much more fun with the doom n gloom lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't really care about the doom and gloom part 20mil miles is far enough, Was just asking due to all the posts of for and against what is going on. If the ice was vaporised and blown away in the solar wind then good. Are there any clear pics of that happening that I can view. Would love to see the reactions going on.

sorry and that last part well was just a hypothetical.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

There are no close-up images of Elenin, but here's a gif of several images taken between August 19 and September 2, showing its disintegration:

And here is a good source of information and images of Elenin (the first I found in a quick Google search).

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

Water traveling in space? um OP.....

and even if this water in space somehow entered our atmosphere, how in the hell would it not evaporate?

How in the hell would you not evaporate? Deep thoughts.---------------

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

No, comets are made of blue powder, which is used most often to clean toilets.

Yep. It was heading for us before, but now it's REALLY heading for us.

And it's heading straight for your house.

Now hypothetically what if the Water the comet is made of, hits Earth. How much of that volume of water would hit the surface of the earth.?

4 words: eternal wet T-shirt contests.

And what "IF" the water carried microscopic life that thrives here on earth grows in to something unlike anything we humans have ever seen. Are we as humans even thinking this could happen..?

Obviously. You're human, right?

It should be here soon. Rob Zombie needs it for his Blob remake.

Illinois.

Seriously.
I often wonder why idiots make stupid comments but yet they're smart enough to support Ron Paul. Dumbass.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

edit on 13-10-2011 by NoNameBrand because: oops wrong thread.....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Patience my friend its down played now so that means a few things.

1 its still up there out of view/somehow
2 its being called something else
3 its too sensitive to discuss

Me I was 1 who discussed the topic heavy and "personally" feel there is more too it RIGHT NOW. 1 sees how its been down played by VARIOUS so Patience with the cosmos my friend. The many minds that were tied in to it have been attacked in some harsh ways. Not because some say its gone and not to worry but because of the way the --I TOLD YOU ELENIN FOLX SO-- CAMPAIGN WAS made against them. Their minds have too heal and regenerate. So 1 plays the GAME of hush hush shhh, smh until there is the VISUAL PROOF many who think its a game can see from the cosmos. Good question
you get a s&F from me

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HellsTruant

Legion2024's post was ridiculous - not to mention redundant (do you know how much Elenin has been discussed this year?). It demanded a ridiculous response. Garbage in, garbage out.
When they had an actual, sensible request, I gave them a sensible answer.

join