It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumps Outbreak 2011 in those who have been previously vaccinated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So far apparently this started in British Columbia, Canada during the spring of 2011 in Whistler, BC. But now its spreading across the United States.

Mumps cases in those previously vaccinated for mumps.

Here's where it begins....

June 9, 2011

After alerting the Whistler community in late winter and early spring about the potential for a mumps outbreak, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is reaching out once more to encourage people to get immunized against the virus.

This comes following news that there have been around 50 cases of people contracting mumps in the resort since the late winter.

“We’re still getting cases of mumps in Whistler and the majority are in the 20- to 30-year-old age group,” said VCH’s Paul Martiquet.

According to Martiquet, around 500 people were immunized against the virus when VCH began their campaign against mumps earlier this year, but as the numbers of those infected continue to rise, Martiquet thinks that the changing of the season may be to blame.

-snip-

“Mumps is spread through respiratory, so coughing, and by saliva,” explained Martiquet. “So what that means is if people are sharing their utensils during a meal that would be a route of transmission, if people are sharing beverages such as drinks, water bottles, sharing a cigarette or a joint, all of these are possible modes of transmissions for spreading the virus.”

On top of those methods, Martiquet also noted that people kissing is also one of the key ways that mumps is spread.

-snip-

“We’re asking them to basically have a second dose of the mumps vaccine if they can’t remember if they’ve had a second dose,” said Martiquet. “If you’re not sure that you’ve had two doses come in and get a vaccination, it’s free.”

Martiquet said that pretty much everybody is eligible to receive the vaccine, regardless of whether they’re from the area or outside Canada.

from Mumps cases in Whistler on the Rise: Whistler Question, BC

Other articles on Mumps in Whistler

March 10, 2011: Mumps Warning Issued for Whistler, British Columbia

April 14, 2011: Mumps Outbreak in Whistler BC: News 1130

From Whistler, Bristish Columbia- this strain of mumps spread to the rest of BC.

June 21, 2011: Centre Warns of Metro Vancouver Mumps Outbreak

June 21, 2011: Mumps Outbreak Hits Lower Mainland, BC

SPREAD OF MUMPS FROM BRITISH COLUMBIA INTO ONTARIO

July 23, 2011

Four employees at the restaurant have been diagnosed with the mumps - a rare occurrence since the city usually only has about 15 cases per year.

from Mumps Outbreak at Toronto Restaurant

Other articles on Mumps in Ontario, Canada

July 26, 2011: 9 Mumps Cases in Toronto

August 18, 2011: Haliburton, Ontario Mumps Outbreak

SPREAD OF MUMPS FROM ONTARIO INTO OTTAWA: Warning

No cases as of September 2011, but warnings issued anyway.

September 28, 2011: Ottawa Public Health Warns of Provincial Mumps Outbreak

SPREAD OF MUMPS FROM CANADA INTO UNITED KINGDOM

August 16, 2011

With four cases of mumps discovered among Londoners, the Middlesex-London Health Unit is urging returning university and college-age students to get a vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella.

“It’s not an epidemic,” said Marlene Price, manager of vaccine and preventable diseases for the health unit. But anyone born since 1970 is advised to seek a second dose of vaccine because most have had only one.

Persons born before 1970 are seen as having “natural immunity,” she said, because they have likely already been exposed and have stronger defence mechanisms.

Persons born before 1970 who work in health care or the military also should seek a second vaccination, she said.

from Vaccinations Urged with Mumps Outbreak: London Free Press

Also...
August 15, 2011: MLHU Warns Post Secondary Students About Mumps Outbreak

SPREAD OF MUMPS FROM CANADA INTO THE UNITED STATES

ILLINOIS

September 27, 2011

The Adams County Health Department and Quincy University say several cases of mumps have been reported on the college campus.

from Mumps Outbreak Reported on QU Campus, Illinois

CALIFORNIA

September 18, 2011: Poway, California - Mumps Reported at Highland Ranch Elementary School

October 7, 2011

A mumps outbreak among the UC Berkeley community has increased to 27 suspected and confirmed cases, state officials said Friday...

...Just one week ago, the number of suspected and confirmed cases stood at three.

from UC Berkeley Mumps Outbreak Spreads to 27

Also...
***** Very Important Article Below *****

October 6, 2011: ALL UC Berkeley Mumps Patients HAD TWO VACCINATIONS, city says

Other Articles on UC Berkeley Mumps Outbreak

September 30, 2011: Mumps Outbreak at UC Berkeley

October 5, 2011: Mumps Outbreak Alert - UC Berkeley

October 6, 2011: Cases of Mumps Dramatically Increase in Last Week

ALL MUMPS OUTBREAK 2011

The overall factors is that ALL persons, even those vaccinated once or twice are at risk. The early Canada mumps cases said that those previously vaccinated that only had one dose of MMR vaccine and not a second had caught this mumps strain.

..but...at UC Berkeley, those who have had two doses of MMR vaccine are also contracting mumps.

One article quoted above contends that only those vaccinated after 1970 with MMR vaccine are at risk and need to get vaccinated again. (London)

Another article says that those vaccinated after 1956 are at risk and need another vaccine (Whistler, BC).

No matter what...those vaccinated once or twice are contracting this strain of mumps.

At risk-- over half of the United States is at risk. And I'm one of the people that don't want another dose of MMR vaccine either. I'd rather tough it out with my immune system than chance a dose of mercury in a vaccine.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My sister exhibited all the signs of mumps earlier this year. Went to the GP and she said Yeah it's Mumps.

Her GP sent off for a blood test, turns out it looked and felt like Mumps BUT it wasn't Mumps.
The GP had no idea what it was but it went away by itself.
My sister was very poorly with it.
So something like Mumps is doing the rounds.

So don't get vaccinated take loads of Vitamin C up to 10,000mg per day. It will soak up bacteria toxins.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
ugh, already been vaccinated and not by choice, previous work and school practically shoved it down my throat. Couldn't work at the Pediatrics clinic unless I had it and college was going to throw me out if I didn't have it. Hmm. Hope I don't get it. I'm fine now.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Greetings,

For those who have a Rife machine, no problem. Three minutes of the resonating frequency and mumps, pofff.

But then our illustrious leaders do want us to have such technology.

God bless the USA; Inc

top topics

join