It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIL ANYONE? how about gasoline for 25 cents per gallon? THE POLITICIANS SAY NO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I checked in Snopes, and from what i can understand, it's true..

By the way, this can be verified. Check it out at the link below !!!!!!

www.usgs.gov...
www.usgs.gov...

Curz Construction:
www.cruzconstruct.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Oil is Power.

It just doesn’t power our machines it give those who control it Power over the Masses.

This all originates from the Kissinger/Saudi Arabia deal in the 70’s.

TPTB will NEVER (peacefully) allow cheap oil ever again.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Nice, thanks for posting this. I have a hard time actually believing this, even if it is coming from our almighty .gov.

So, you think they have actually been sitting on this one?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
...and from what i can understand, it's true..

Actually if you look into the history of this 'email' it contains little truth and LOTS of over-embellished conjecture.

Depending upon which 'variation' you come across [it's been around since '06] most of the numbers are highly skewed in order to lend a false sense of validity to the claims being made.

But ... to each their own, I guess.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil!

That comment is a little shortsighted. If the oil was feasible to extract, why extract it now? Why not use up the world oil supply first so the reserve is worth more money....

If you hadn't noticed, oil price increases after stocks are depleted. Which means, whoever is left with the last of the reserves, has the highest valued resource.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Maybe you are right with the environmentalists blocking the oil drilling. Think of this scenario- When the foreign oil "runs out" who's going to be sitting on oil when the rest of the world has none? The U.S. Then who is going to have the power? The U.S.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
.25 cents a gallon...
how about it... sounds great

would you be so kind as to send me
a list of participating gas stations

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

This is Oil Shale or oil contained in rocks essentially requiring crushing and heat/steam extraction called Fracking to access the crude oil.

So though it is a considerable amount oil technically, it does require a fair amount of mining and processing in which to access the oil it contains.

This is why the GOVT has been sitting on these reserves since the early 20th century, originally reserved for the US Navy in which to fuel their vessels/ships.

These reserves were sold to Occidental Petroleum in 1998.

As technological advances make accessing and extracting the oil more economically feasible, this oil will likely be tapped.

But there is considerably more readily available high quality crude oil on the northern slopes of Alaska.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Venezuela is a significant supplier of crude oil to the world market: in 2009 the country had net oil exports of 1.75 million barrels per day (bbl/d), eleventh-largest in the world and the largest in the Western Hemisphere.

Venezuelans are paying $0.12 per gallon of gasoline as of March this year.

Just a comparison of what could be.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
How can they sell gasoline for 25 cent if the barrel is well over 80 Dolalrs?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

It appears that Venezuela oil exports makes up in cost for the cheap domestic gas.

Here's what a barrel of crude can produce:Barrel of Oil

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Enough to supply oil needs for 2041 years -- wrong on so many levels -- ask these guys probably the best source for oil exploration information on the internt

www.theoildrum.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
government subsidies just like the middle east is the only way to achieve ".25 cents a gallon"

sorry i dont buy those numbers not going to argue that america still has some oil reserves but nothng near those levels hell we use more than that.

the keystone pipleline would reduce middle east foreign oil dependence but too many people protesting that.

same reason we are not producing more here at home "save the planet" isnt saving your wallet it has a price.

new topics

top topics

join