It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a relative die of pancreative cancer. Supposedly it was because toxins in their work. Lasted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This has got to be the most deadly form of cancer. How does it get to the pancreas? Confusing. --------------

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ok let me explain some things about cancer first.

There is almost no way to tell what caused cancer other than from correlation and circumstantial evidence, because a cancer which naturally forms and a cancer caused by toxins or ionizing radiation appear the same essentially.

A cancer can form as a result of an entire host of different sources, or a combination of several of them.

If the person was indeed working around toxins that migrate towards the pancreas and are shown to promote or aid in development of cancer, than this would become an obvious correlation of causation. It is not solid, because as I said this field is in it's infancy and circumstantial evidence is the best we have to work with currently.

It is extremely difficult to locate the source of cancer causation in any individual subject due to the countless sources of carcinogens they come into contact with daily. Only through correlating what is "most likely" by showing what they were around "most often" can we begin to piece the puzzle together, but the picture is still incomplete and we are missing important data.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
This has got to be the most deadly form of cancer. How does it get to the pancreas? Confusing. --------------

My uncle worked in the aerospace industry,worked on the LEM,for Grumman and Republic aviation on Long Island,NY.
He got liver cancer at 58 and died.
I have heard the same theory that it was due to environmental toxins.
They dont care.
RIP

new topics

join