It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unions playing 'Tonto', protesting the bailouts and higher taxes they've benefited from

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Remember the joke about the Lone Ranger and Tonto?

The Lone Ranger and Tonto find themselves surrounded by fierce indians they had been trying to escape from. The Lone Ranger says, "Tonto, we are surrounded by Indians! What shall we do?” To which Tonto replied, “What mean ‘WE,’ white man!”

Unions and Wall Street Banks are the primary beneficiaries of the bailouts, stimulus packages, and other Greedy Government programs which drain the middle class of tax money and jobs. Now that Unions see the threat of angry public protests, they're joining the protests against the complete financial mis-management by government and wall street. Unions find themselves surrounded, and are now pretending to be part of the people out of self-preservation.

Shift the crosshairs of the protest against Greedy Unions who lobbied for mega bailouts and tax hikes along with the Banks. They're not of the people or for the people, instead they prey on workers as well as companies.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

They are simply infiltrating.

The Tea Party had no leadership, and thus was doomed to failure because it's ideologies were not established and protected by a central force.

Exact same thing is happening with "Occupy" protests. People seem to think leaderless "revolutions" are good, when in fact it's the height of stupidity. Occupy is vulnerable and leaderless, the Unions have power and money, influence and numbers. They will infiltrate and use the Occupy Protests as a means to spread a "new" message for a "new change" and in the end support Democrats for office. In fact, I would expect to see Democrats coming out of the woodwork and begin doing public speaking stunts infront of the crowds soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Its painfully obvious yet mind boggling and imperceptible to those who don't bother to question how and why.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sounds like both of you are describing this: Wikipedia a.k.a. 'Useful innocents'.

There certainly seems to be a danger that a leaderless collection may one day discover they're marching with the opposition.

Reminds me of Cuckoo or Whydah birds who place their eggs in other nests.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Cool thread, but I would like to point out that this movement does have a leader.
His name is President Obama.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Cool thread, but I would like to point out that this movement does have a leader.

Excuse me while a barf. Obama and leader together is an oxymoron

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
If that's the case, the opposition is marching with the people.

Banksters=Obama=Unions.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

LOL yes, you must learn to appreciate irony.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
George Soros is also leading this movement.

I guess they will have to duke it out along with Warren Buffet, the self proclaimed Osama Bin Laden of Capitalism.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's time we all realize this isn't a 'revolution'...it's just another big labor political rally.

join