It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Philadelphia tomorrow? Do multiple city protests make a difference?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Did anybody else hear about this? apparently the protesters are just as determined to create the same scene that is shown in New York. There are certainly a lot of issues that the city has faced in recent years. Is anybody attending? There is a very strong liberal scene within Center City around Broad St. and other areas. Which leads me to another question, do any of you think that a large occupy movement in cities OTHER than New York will help the movement? In all honesty, I really think it will. I am adamantly opposed to the movement, but that is beside the point. I believe that if every city and all of America stands up, something indeed will happen until it catches someones attention. If people are protesting on the streets in nearly every city than it will be impossible for it to go unnoticed. As I said before, I am opposed to this movement thus far but I am definitely fascinated with WHAT exactly it is or what it can turn into.

Here is a link to a local article:

External ABC News Article

These guys seem very determined, there was a quite a bit of people at the local meeting held recently. This city is a little over two hours from NYC but I'm interested to see how the Philadelphia Police handle this in relation to the NYPD. The police certainly weren't afraid to smack ANYONE around during the Phillies riots after they won the World Series, I myself was taken down by a cop just for merely standing around during the riot just observing haha. Ah well, my plan is to head over after work and see what in lords name is going on.
edit on 5-10-2011 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow! Took ya'll long enough.
411 cities involved so far.
www.occupytogether.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Craziness!! I'm having a hard time believing that all cities will make enough of a commitment to have a big showing. Super-liberal cities like Seattle are probably already going nuts.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

We had a good showing of 100 or so yesterday on the first occupy Louisville.
It has died down,though,but the weekend looks promising.
We actually got media coverage!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Eh, Birmingham,Al. has three protesters.

I wish them luck, no where safe enough in that town to 'occupy'.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Yeah dude i'm thinking this weekend is going to be the craziest. Each one building up off of the previous weekend or something.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

The well rumored October 15 date has been circulating between different occupying fronts. There are an estimated 55 cities world-wide that are participating in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street in New York City. “Something big” is going to happen on that date, reported a self-proclaimed member of Anonymous. Occupy Birmingham is currently in the planning phase of organizing “something big” on that date as well, however nothing has been solidified as of yet.

At least 2200 people like this on facebook.

www.facebook.com...

edit on 5-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That's believable I would say. But i'm still having such a hard time seeing HOW this protest will do anything. It certainly isn't touching any of the banker' money. Some people say Wall St. is scared...scared of what exactly? Are these guys going to get lynched or something?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

What is going on is not in the lords name! This is exactly what TPTB want, Riots, Mobs, Chaos so that when the whole Country erupts like the rest of the World is erupting then POTUS can implement Martial Law and suspend 2012 Elections. TPTB are an evil bunch. There will be much blood spilled if they have there way.

I can only give this one advice. Don't follow the crowd! Majority is not always right! Just like when Obama got the majority of the votes in 2008. Well, that didn't go to well did it? And now, he will pull any old stunt to stay in power.

Don't think the POTUS can't suspend election? Watch and see! Martial Law is absolutely coming! Just like World War III is coming. Evil will not rest! There will be a New World Order with a World Dictator!

Again, Don't follow the crowd! Is this Occupy business of God? I don't think so.

Titus 1:6 instructs the one who loves God's commands to not be accused of riot or unruly.

And, when someone comes along and advises against such behavior, then: "Wherein they think it strange that you run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you" 1 Peter 4:4

Why should we follow a bunch of College kids? Why should we follow Community Organizers into riotous behavior. That is the only thing I can gather that was on Obama's resume, A Community Organizer. Again, look where we are at with that. Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia and his latest prize the Muslim Brotherhood in Power in Egypt with Israel surrounded.

The World is headed for the need for that World Dictator. TAC=The Anti Christ. Anyone laughing? You will be crying!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Wow. That was a bit of a charged and extremist post. You seem to uhhhhh...have a lot of things going on there haha. Well dude, idk what to say about the Bible verses etc. But I will say that I do indeed think that this movement will help spawn something in the end, a new type of person or lifestyle. It could possibly be used as a tool to impose something yes, this could be intended by the hypothetical 'TBTB' or it could have a completely unintended consequence. I could see a very violent group getting in on this action. Maybe some crazy freedom-fighters. People who make the Tea Party look like Tea Time.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I believe that it is a movement that is growing.
A movement to educate the public and draw attention to the issues of what is so corrupt in America.
The government being run by the corporations.
The government being navigated by the media.
There is no truth out there,never has been,never will be.
This has been going on for along time,it is just finally gotten to a point that the people have wakened up,have had enough.They want to be heard and they want change.
The issues are many,it's not just one.
Personally,I have busted my ass for 24 years for a company,and at the age of 46 years old,I have been laid off due to lack of work.When in reality they just load up the workers with 3 times more work and reap in the profits.
I want to work.But greed has stopped me from doing what I'm skilled at,so soon,I will find something.
Sorry to go on a rant there.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Salt Lake City is joining tomorrow too

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I believe that it is a movement that is growing.
A movement to educate the public and draw attention to the issues of what is so corrupt in America.
The government being run by the corporations.
The government being navigated by the media.
There is no truth out there,never has been,never will be.
This has been going on for along time,it is just finally gotten to a point that the people have wakened up,have had enough.They want to be heard and they want change.
The issues are many,it's not just one.
Personally,I have busted my ass for 24 years for a company,and at the age of 46 years old,I have been laid off due to lack of work.When in reality they just load up the workers with 3 times more work and reap in the profits.
I want to work.But greed has stopped me from doing what I'm skilled at,so soon,I will find something.
Sorry to go on a rant there.

Coming from someone who has had a job and worked hard over the years, your opinion on this movement has a lot of credence. That is an interesting way to put it, laying off people just to give a select few more to do and build up the profits.

You know now that you mention it this is one of the first events that have happened where I have really seen the MSM be blatantly biased. Every station EVERYWHERE is afraid to cover this, well maybe afraid isn't the right word. They are just avoiding it and the issues surrounding it. Shows that the MSM does indeed have some sort of agenda, not sure what exactly.

As far as the government being run by corporations, idk, i'm having a hard time seeing that. I think that we as a society are run by corporations, we feed them every year - we buy worthless new technologies and trust them with our money. That's our fault. I think people need to stop buying the latest Apple phone products (no offense intended R.I.P. Steve Jobs), delete their Facebooks, and stop feeding the machine. Social Media is a part of the machine.

Yes I do agree times are hard, but damn. I work in Public Housing and I must say that the super-poor need to be accounted for because most are born into poverty and can't help it, if left unchecked these people will die - but that is where government intervention should end. People above them who have the opportunity just need to work hard and be smart then they will see the fruits of their labors. We need to turn our NEEDS back into WANTS and realize most luxuries that we thirst for are unnecessary. Corporations shouldn't be bailed out and neither should your average Joe, that is real capitalism to me at least.

A movement to question is good, a movement to raise enough suspicion to encourage personal research is GREAT. A movement pushing to replace a bad system with one just as bad is no bueno. Am I making sense or no?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Making sense to me.Corruption has gone far enough.
Knowledge is power.
Spreading that knowledge is more power to the people.
The media has been downplaying it because they are confused and scared.
It could mean a reduction in the money in their pockets,and they don't won't that.
They go out there trying to find the most idiotic protester to show the rest of America that it's just a bunch of high hippie kids out there ,while in reality it's not.
I went to my occupy here in Louisville.It was as diverse as it gets.And mostly older people.
Check out my rant.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Rant makes sense. But what i'm struggling with is WHY the media is avoiding the conflict. If 10k people stampeding around wall st. isn't news idk what is. I always thought media was split by liberal and conservative but now I feel like it's both sides of the same coin. Who are they working for here?

top topics

join