It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all doomed? And why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It is with much dismay, confusion and just hopelessness that I am writing this thread. Putting the Greek issues to one side, and perhaps focusing more on the OWS movement I am at a complete loss.

For months, I have read on this site and various other sites, that people have been wanting change, they have been wanting a movement to end the financial corruption and greed by corporations as controlled by the puppet politicians. Right now to a large degree the OWS movement is in alignment with that thinking, and yet, all I see are people bagging it, on this site, on prison planet, everywhere...

The concept of the enemy of my enemy is my friend is completely lost here. Instead of standing in solidarity with those protestors and focus on the points of unity, we instead belittle, make fun of and degrade the protestors because they may have some other beliefs that are not quite in full alignment with our own ideals.

How sad... our own EGO's, Ideals, Greed and arrogance has stopped us from uniting for a common cause. Instead we have jumped on the gravy train to laugh and point at their expense. And why? Never in the history of the WORLD has there been a better chance for citizens to come together and demand action and accountability from those who have abused the responsibility placed upon them. And yet, we laugh and mock. If you want your views heard, get down there and swell the movement and GET YOUR VIEWS HEARD. Don't sit by your keyboard, being all tough and laughing and pointing, mocking the efforts of those who are actually doing something!

They may be rich kids, they may be hippies, they may not know what the heck they are protesting about... but they are there, whilst we (including myself) are sitting here typing about it to people like ourselves. Talking about conspiracy will never bring about the truth, uncovering the truth and sharing on here will never bring about true change. We have to go out and be amongst the people, in protests, on social networking sites, with friends and family. Awareness has to be raised, along with the message that the manipulation, control, greed, warfare and corporate governance has to END.

At the core do we all not want the same? Most probably we will all have to come to some level of compromise to cover as many ideals as possible, we can't have it all... but surely ending this slavery of the global populace by the ruling elite HAS TO BE THE PRIORITY?!?!?!?

If we cannot come together, and support/expand upon a movement in view of eliminating a common enemy, then quite simply we are all doomed and we deserve to be. We do not deserve any level of freedom if we cannot find points of unity with our fellow people. If we continue to allow the divisions and segregation to continue, then our corporate overlords have won and we might as well ask to be shackled further.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes... we are all doomed.

Have you ever thought about praying to God?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by moleskin

It's going down. The horses are out of the gate. This is it.

Peace and Love will prevail or total destruction. OR total destruction and then Peace and Love.

Don't try and hold on to a dying corpse which is the sickness of this system we are locked in. It cannot be fixed. It has to wither away. I am just really upset about the coming world war which seems inevitable at this point. All signs pointing to total war. Financial collapse will not be avoided. It is about sentiment and nothing will repair it. It can only be reborn. Nothing will fix it.

This movement has to and will turn into a Pro Peace/Love movement. there is nothing else that can bring people together. Money is nothing. Humpty Dumpty will not be put back together.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

You know what Bud, if I were God and I looked down upon this place I created, I would stand and look in shame at the state of affairs! We might pray to God, Jesus, Allah, Budha, ET, Wall Street... the fact is, we can save and help ourselves without any intervention, divine or otherwise

A cause has begun, and people can rally behind this, but instead, people and organisations who have been promoting/pushing for such actions are now laughing at the OWS movement... and this is my concern, IF we cannot unite as a people to fight a common enemy, then we might as well retire now.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

It's what I have been feeling and fearing for sometime myself bud! The system, in trying to cling to whatever power/control/debt it has left will be against anything that opposes it, the people that feed it, governments that oppose it, and a complete war, both in a physical, mental, emotional sense will be waged.

I hope it can be averted and that people, the world over, take control of their governments, and take control in moving forward responsibly... sad thing is, often we need major events to occur before we wake up, sit up, and take notice.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I will answer your questions this way, Are we all doomed? yes we are.
And why? we have done it to our selves through neglect, selfishness, and the over abuse of earth.
We are fleas and ticks, the Earth is an old dog ready for a flee and tick bath, the tub is filling up, it is just a matter of when the tub is full, and it is beyond the half way point.
Will it be from man vs man, a bug or germ, or may be plant X will take us all out, or all the above.
Little by little, flood's, EQ's, nuke disasters, and other events like wars and flu's all take a few, but when the numbers reach in the millions in one day or an hour then you will know the time is at hand.

top topics

join