It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Gets a Taste of Its Own Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

(The list of grievances begins at 6:30)
(The questioning of the BBC reporters begin at 9:40)

I am fully aware that most British people do not have a favorable opinion of this party, its policies, or its leadership. But most can recognize that there are media biases against this party which are unjustifiable when considering that the BBC is supposed to be a public broadcast news network without any biases with a purpose of bringing fair reporting to the British public. When public news broadcast network fails to live up to these obligations to the people it is the right for someone to question their integrity and honesty; it was done here.

As Nick Griffin finished the list of grievances he pounced on the reporters just as they do to him and his party. Was it a respectful thing to do? No but it is designed to show them how it feels when they do such horrible acts of disrespect against them.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Which media biases are you referring to that are unjustifiable (relating to the BBC)?

Do you think that this is the correct way for the leader of his party to conduct himself?

I look forward to hearing your views.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Great post, I have always felt that the BNP has been unfairly victimised. It was apparent in last year's BBC question time and also previous to that with the use of that 'mob for hire' anti-fascist movement that were used as a catalyst to rubbish any important message that the BNP had to give.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.spectator.co.uk...
www.thisislondon.co.uk...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.politics.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
web.archive.org...://www.bnp.org.uk/news_detail.php?newsId=731
www.guardian.co.uk...

As I had said in my OP, what he and his party did was disrespectful to the reporters but was intended to show them exactly what it feels like when they are being almost harassed. The reporters obviously did not enjoy that, who would? But the point I believe was made. It is unfortunate that there was even a reason to engage in such behavior. The BBC is a publicly funded news organization intended to provide insight into the news most important to the British people without a bias in any political direction.

top topics

join