It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Olbermann Covers Occupy Wall Street Protests Media Blackout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This is a video posted on September 21, 2011. In it, Keith Olbermann talks about the wall street protests that have been going on. He begins by talking about how the media completely ignored the protests early on.

Another thing he brings up are some of the arrests that occured when the protest began which were justified by a 166 year old law banning the wearing of masks at public gatherings.

Next, he brings up how Yahoo blocked any e-mail that contained a link to the occupy wall street website with the message "suspicious activity has been detected on your account".

He has a guest, Will Bunch, come on the show and they discuss the protest.
edit on 4-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
yeah wouldnt use olbermann who got fired from msnbc and then created his own network where he owns it.

to validate the "wall street" thingsmajig cause without wall street the dude wouldnt be bring the "news"

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yeah wouldnt use olbermann who got fired from msnbc and then created his own network where he owns it.
That is irrelevant, he's talking about the protests here, not his career choices.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

how do you figure? wasnt that what all the hullahbaloo was about on wall street protests the control and power of corporations?

and theres a corporate shill who pays himself to bring the "news" about what they are protesting

difference of opinions.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

to validate the "wall street" thingsmajig cause without wall street the dude wouldnt be bring the "news"

lol Keith Olbermann doesn't own current tv Al Gore and Joel Hyatt does. And what does him being fired from MSNBC have to do with any of this? But your right shame on the people for not worshiping wall street like you apparently do.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

how do you figure? wasnt that what all the hullahbaloo was about on wall street protests the control and power of corporations?

and theres a corporate shill who pays himself to bring the "news" about what they are protesting
At least this corporate shill isn't pushing incredibly blatant propaganda and attempting to influence people's perception of the protests by making the protestors look like idiots, Mr. Fox News:
Compare the two videos and tell me which one seems more realistic and unbiased to you.

Also, here are some sentence punctuation tips that I suggest you learn.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

On February 8, 2011, Keith Olbermann announced that he had been hired to host a new primetime show on Current TV as well as being named Chief News Officer with an equity stake in the network.

en.wikipedia.org...

do tell what does and "equity stake" mean?

and tupac corporate shill the same thing as you are blasting fox for

i do love it trying to have it both ways

edit on 4-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

and tupac corporate shill the same thing as you are blasting fox for
I'm "blasting fox for" their propaganda. Did you watch that video? Did you see how hilariously obvious their attempts at influencing the public opinion of the protests were? It's not even subtle, it's just 7 minutes jam-packed with pure disinformation.

I didn't see the proclaimed corporate shill Olbermann calling the protestors heroin users who have no clue what they're doing there, did you? Can you point out to me where Olbermann said they have no cause and they're just trying to dirty the streets?

join