It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else experience any sort of time shift today Oct 3, 2011?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This occurred around 1pm or so Eastern time. I was on the line cooking lunch for the restaurant I work at. We have a computer system instead of tickets so it's easy to see how long an item has been "rung-in". An order of chicken tenders popped on the screen and normally it takes 20-30 secs. to get that item down into the oil to begin frying. That particular item takes 5 minutes to cook (on a computerized timer built into the fryers). So, I continue doing my thing and after 5 minutes the timer goes off and the chicken fingers come out of the grease. Now, the chicken must be drained of excess oil and placed into whatever they're to be served in (in this case a black basket). The process of placing the item in the window can also take 20-30 secs, depending. So, based on the time it should have taken, this should be about 6 minutes. Five minutes are accounted for exactly because of the timer on the deep fryers. When I turned to "bump" or sell the item off my screen the computer said only 4:30 minutes had passed. Any suggestions on how this could be? Thanx!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Nope, Just you. Although I have felt it in the past and still do, today I didn't. Maybe it's lil different for everyone?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Maybe the ticket got bumped ahead by accident, or, maybe someone put down some chicken in advance, or by mistake, so it was already down in the fryer when the order came in.......

edit on 3-10-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If my calculations are right and all the time shifts are correct on ATS, I'd say it's Halloween...

Here's my costume.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Maybe the ticket got bumped ahead by accident, or, maybe someone put down some chicken in advance, or by mistake, so it was already down in the fryer when the order came in.......

Naw, I know what he means, used that same type stuff(chicken too)....the POS doesn't allow the ticket time to be adjusted or modified, a QA thing......That is odd...i would say it is you, but the fact that ....wait, does the pos drop a cancelled order? Could someone have cancelled to re-enter it....you know, looked like the same order, but were two different ones?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Well, if there are two people on the station that's possible sometimes. But it was just me today and I had just been told by a manager the other day to stop "sandbagging" or dropping extra food in advance. So, I know I was dropping everything as it came it. Most likely it was some sort of computer lag but I thought I'd throw the story out there to see if anyone else had a similar experience today. If not, I guess I'll just chalk it up to technology

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by revswirl
This occurred around 1pm or so Eastern time. I was on the line cooking lunch for the restaurant I work at. We have a computer system instead of tickets so it's easy to see how long an item has been "rung-in". An order of chicken tenders popped on the screen and normally it takes 20-30 secs. to get that item down into the oil to begin frying. That particular item takes 5 minutes to cook (on a computerized timer built into the fryers). So, I continue doing my thing and after 5 minutes the timer goes off and the chicken fingers come out of the grease. Now, the chicken must be drained of excess oil and placed into whatever they're to be served in (in this case a black basket). The process of placing the item in the window can also take 20-30 secs, depending. So, based on the time it should have taken, this should be about 6 minutes. Five minutes are accounted for exactly because of the timer on the deep fryers. When I turned to "bump" or sell the item off my screen the computer said only 4:30 minutes had passed. Any suggestions on how this could be? Thanx!

have to restructure the OP for better readability & critical thinking

This occurred around 1pm or so Eastern time. I was on the line cooking lunch for the restaurant I work at. We have a computer system instead of tickets so it's easy to see how long an item has been "rung-in".

An order of chicken tenders popped on the screen and normally it takes 20-30 secs. to get that item down into the oil to begin frying. That particular item takes 5 minutes to cook (on a computerized timer built into the fryers).

So, I continue doing my thing and after 5 minutes the timer goes off and the chicken fingers come out of the grease.

Now, the chicken must be drained of excess oil and placed into whatever they're to be served in (in this case a black basket). The process of placing the item in the window can also take 20-30 secs, depending.

So, based on the time it should have taken, this should be about 6 minutes. Five minutes are accounted for exactly because of the timer on the deep fryers. When I turned to "bump" or sell the item off my screen the computer said only 4:30 minutes had passed. Any suggestions on how this could be?

So somewhere you shaved 1.5m of time off a normal order. Hard to track, because of the timer on the fryer could be off by 1.5m, or lesser. However, this phenomenon is quite real, in sorting a silicon wafer once, it was done 20mins before it should have been .. to which if anyone has ever done this type of work will know it's totally out of of the norm since the process is completely mechanical process..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The other day I was hanging out with a friend, and I looked at the clock, it was 4:19 then after what felt like half an hour to an hour I look back at the clock it was 4:25 with only 6 minutes passed! I was really amazed. It only seemed to happen to me once recently.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

So somewhere you shaved 1.5m of time off a normal order. Hard to track, because of the timer on the fryer could be off by 1.5m, or lesser. However, this phenomenon is quite real, in sorting a silicon wafer once, it was done 20mins before it should have been .. to which if anyone has ever done this type of work will know it's totally out of of the norm since the process is completely mechanical process..

*btw, thanx for the formatting type.. don't post a whole lot...

Yeah, it seemed like a shaved off 1.5m of time. I've been using that computer system in restaurants for years and I'd never seen anything like that happen. I just don't understand how the timer on one computer could be different than another one.

The only reason I put any thought at all into the experience was because I'd read over the last month or so about some clocks around the world getting freaky (www.abovetopsecret.com...).

So, I figured ATS was the best place to chat about what happened. Thanx for everyone's input thus far...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FluorideVSPineal
The other day I was hanging out with a friend, and I looked at the clock, it was 4:19 then after what felt like half an hour to an hour I look back at the clock it was 4:25 with only 6 minutes passed! I was really amazed. It only seemed to happen to me once recently.

Hehe.. I'm wondering what happened during the minute after 4:19

edit on 3-10-2011 by revswirl because: whoops

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
we had time shift here - one hour!

it started on Sunday morning

I think they call it 'daylight saving'

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

Yesterday, after about the sixth vodka (neat). I had a time shift. That happens sometimes. ------------

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Lolcluckerspud. I have read many of your replies, and thank you for giving me many rofl.
As far as time slips, per se, I have just introduced myself and begun posting, and this particuar issue is one of the main reasons why I chose to "surface" despite the cost, and there will be a price.....
Anyway, I know much about the "time slip" issue, and from my perspective (as everyone has a different one) time is a total "con".......

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You were in your groove.

I notice this at work.

When your busy, time flies and crap gets done

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes I noticed a gap this morning at 12:46 PST. About an hour of missing time during routine server tasks.

The time above was thought to be 11:46, but was timestamped by automated processes. Went back and checked all the work and it was completed in the correct order.

Would have to chalk it up to a perception issue but I had a time frame you could compare to if it helped.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

That pic is great.

Thanks for the smile today I really needed one.

Now too the OP, no I have not sensed anything, but I am feeling a bit lethargic for no reason.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't usually approach this subject but here goes:

1. Time compression and time expansion are a natural effect most likely based upon gravitic potential.

(This can easily be observed in the difference between a ground based clock and those in orbital satellites and space exploratory probes. The only reason your GPS functions accurately is because of a computer program which is inherent to the GPS system itself.

2. The Human Being is surrounded by an energy field of some sort. This energy field is moveing within the magnetic field of our planet.

(no explanation neccasary. this is common knowledge.)

3. It seems that most humans are naturally capable of minor, instinctive time manipulation.

(This can most readily be observed during emergency situations. Many complex actions can be performed in the space of a few seconds.)

These premise suggest that unconscious fluxuations in the bio-magnetic field can effect localized gravitic potential thereby triggering the phenomenae referred to as time compression, time expansion and time dialation.

The really nifty thing about this is that if you can do it unconsciously you can learn to do it consciously.

On a side note : Inebriation in any of its many varieties also seems to have an effect, as well as meditation, concentration, intoxication and vocalization. (Yes, an accoustic wave can act as a carrier signal for energy triggering a modified version of this effect.)

In other words:

"Time Flies When You Are Having Fun."

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ok, just read a new thread where someone mentioned two of their clocks losing time today:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not the exact same thing but it seems like multiple people have had a strange experience today.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have started a thread today on what I felt happen today but when I looked up the time difference between US Eastern and UK summer time 1pm equals 6pm.

I felt something at 5.33pm in UK. But time definitely lurched or stuttered.

SO glad someone else has felt something weird today as it means we aren't being targeted again.
But now a bit worried as WTH caused it?
Was it that comet that dived into the Sun a days ago? And now the shockwave just reached us?

Any one got any other ideas?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
I have started a thread today on what I felt happen today but when I looked up the time difference between US Eastern and UK summer time 1pm equals 6pm.

I felt something at 5.33pm in UK. But time definitely lurched or stuttered.

SO glad someone else has felt something weird today as it means we aren't being targeted again.
But now a bit worried as WTH caused it?
Was it that comet that dived into the Sun a days ago? And now the shockwave just reached us?

Any one got any other ideas?

just posted up on there what i think you're experiencing, hmmm.. might seem there are a few members that are having a mild case of the same thing you are.

new topics

top topics

join