It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: 25 Bodies Found in Basement of al Sadr's Religious Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
al Sadr already under indictment for murder has apparently operated as judge, jury and executioner of up to 25 people as his militants held control of Najef.

www.sky.com
At least 25 bodies of executed civilians and police have been found in the basement of a religious court set up by rebel cleric Moqtadr al Sadr, according to AFP news agency.

Some of the bodies had been mutilated or burned, according to the reports.

The discovery comes after al Sadr officially handed over control of Najaf's Imam Ali shrine.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

al Sadr seems to have once again negotiated his way out of a no win situation. This reporter believes that al Sadr will be answering for his crimes very soon.

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com
news.com.au

[edit on 27-8-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I hope so. People need to wake up see what Al Sadr really represents. The fact that he killed 25 of his own men is not surprising. Thank god the death penalty is still in effect there.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Can a society survive under religious rule? I think the answer is yes it can. The only thing it can't do is coexist with it's neighbors in a peaceful manner.
We in the U.S. realized this problem when we inacted the separation of church in state in our constitution. Our founding farthers realized that democracy can't be achieved under the rule of a therocracy.
We are seeing in Iraq the role religion plays in the lives of the common people and how they are allowing themselves to unite under this banner. They don,t want a democratic Iraq but only want to become part of the Muslim empire.
Look around the world and see were all armed conflicts are taking place and who are the participents in these conflicts. There are Muslims fighting for the Muslim Empire.
The deaths at the hand of a religious court are nothing new. In the name of Christianity thousands of people were but to death. Christians have left this practise centuries ago but the Muslims with there new sence of power are reintroducing its practise.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
originally posted by flycatch

We in the U.S. realized this problem when we inacted the separation of church in state in our constitution. Our founding farthers realized that democracy can't be achieved under the rule of a therocracy.............................

We are seeing in Iraq the role religion plays in the lives of the common people and how they are allowing themselves to unite under this banner. They don,t want a democratic Iraq but only want to become part of the Muslim empire.

Basically I'm to believe that the average Iraqi wants to trade one form of dictatorship for another.........where no opposition or dissent is allowed upon pain of torture and execution............with a goal of muslim empire as the end result?

flycatch, if everyone who oppose's a theocracy is either dead, imprisoned, tortured or scared witless then, yes your theory that all iraqi's desire a theocracy is without a doubt true - how could it be otherwise?

One must remember that in the last national Iraqi election how Saddam won with a 99.9 percent landslide victory showing the unequivocal desire of the Iraqi people to be under a dictatorship. I guess theocratical dictatorship is now an apt substitute!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
One must remember that in the last national Iraqi election how Saddam won with a 99.9 percent landslide victory showing the unequivocal desire of the Iraqi people to be under a dictatorship. I guess theocratical dictatorship is now an apt substitute!

I hope you're kidding. Maybe I'm being the tactless one here, but you understand that those 'elections' were far from actual elections, right?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spngsambigpants

Originally posted by Phoenix

I hope you're kidding. Maybe I'm being the tactless one here, but you understand that those 'elections' were far from actual elections, right?

I really was not kidding, it was sarcasm mixed with irony meant to counter the so-called Iraqi desire for theocracy proposed by another contributor to this thread.

top topics

join